You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

@SunderlandSamba

SunderlandSamba

SAFC have accepted a Liverpool bid for Jordan Henderson but he won't discuss terms until after the U21's Euro champs

From Twitter (looks like sunderland of some sorts)

The cat amongst the pidgeons and all that. Interesting if true, talented young man!

Taking all the information so far looks like we are signing everybody in the whole world! But reading between the lines, it may mean that we sign one ready made world class forward ala Mata, Hazzard, solid premiership defenders ala Enrique, Dann, and solid premiership players ala Young, Downing, Adam etc!

I realise that I may seem like I am reinventing the wheel, but what I am trying to say is that it does not look as though we will be looking at Contrao, Hazzard and Mata, but rather one 20 million pound plus and the rest will be good solid, consistent premiership players.

Next year, cashing in on our status as Champions we can hope to sign higher profile players.

@SunderlandSamba

SunderlandSamba

SAFC have accepted a Liverpool bid for Jordan Henderson but he won't discuss terms until after the U21's Euro champs

The cat amongst the pidgeons and all that. Interesting if true, talented young man!

Loathe as I am to believe anything that is Twatted, I'm not sure how I feel about this. He had an horrendous run of poor form last season. Although I suppose that's normal for any young player that isn't called Gerrard.

Still he has, as they say, "all the tools": quick, strong, decent technique, can shoot and pass.

Long been linked with United.

@SunderlandSamba

SunderlandSamba

He's a bit shit in my opinion. Doesnt do anything great. Looks far better on the right than in central mid though.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Joe Barton certainly fits in with the projected ethos of FSG: At (almost) 29 and not brilliant, he fits the young and brilliant paradigm just perfectly.

There has been so much speculations that I guess we'll just have to wait and see who the fuck we buy. One minute we're disappointed by Downing, the next we hear of Mata and Hazzard. Then we're talking about M'Villa and Matuidi, then down again by the likes of Adam and Downing.

Bored now.

@SunderlandSamba

SunderlandSamba

I cant see that beeing true. No way would Sunderland agree a fee without Steve Bruce beeing all over the media moaning and complaining.

Liverpool are keen on Monaco’s Cameroon international winger Benjamin Moukandjo.

Kop boss Kenny Dalglish has had the 22-year-old watched several times and may land him for a bargain fee after the French side were relegated from the top flight at the weekend.

Moukandjo scored five goals for Monaco after his January move from Ligue Two side Nimes.

He is unwilling to play again at a lower level and Monaco may be prepared to sell him to lighten their wage bill.

Read more: Liverpool transfer news Monaco winger Benjamin Moukandjo cut-price target following relegation to second division - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Vurnon Anita to shore up LFC's midfield?

Liverpool and Chelsea are set to battle it out for Vurnon Anita's signature according to talkSPORT.

The Ajax midfielder agreed a new deal recently, but talkSPORT suggest this may have been a deliberate tactic from the club to maximise profit from any potential sale of Anita.

It is believed a fee of around £12m would trigger a release clause in the Dutchman's contract and allow other clubs to discuss terms.

Source: talkSPORT

Reds chasing Andre Ayew?

Reports have emerged today linking Liverpool with a move for Marseille winger Andre Ayew.

The Ghana international - one of his country's best performers in the 2010 World Cup - has starred for his club side during this campaign, scoring 10 goals in 31 league appearances.

The 21-year-old was voted Marseille's player of the season for 2010/11 and is now a target for both Liverpool and Bayern Munich according to Ghanasoccernet.

Ayew's contract runs until 2014 and it is thought interested parties would have to stump up around £13m to secure his services.

Source: Ghanasoccernet.com

Read More Liverpool FC rumour mill: Andre Ayew targeted, Reds in for Vurnon Anita, Benjamin Moukandjo linked - News - Liverpool FC - Liverpool Echo

A few smoke bombs being thrown down by the club I suspect.

Not worth getting wound up about anything at the moment, it's all speculation until someone with a club badge on says something about it.

Can't see Henderson being a target, he's too narrow as an option, and we've already got two of those type of midfielders in Gerrard and Meireles, not to mention Aurelio and Maxi who also operate middle to semi-wide. Oh, and Cole. Pacheco too.

Lucas was our player of the season, Spearing not far behind, it's obvious that our problems are not in central midfield, not a priority anyway.

01/Jun/2011

Benjamin Moukandjo

Monaco

Liverpool

Metro

28/May/2011

Gervinho

Lille

Liverpool

The Guardian

27/May/2011

Stewart Downing

Aston Villa

Liverpool

Daily Star

15m

27/May/2011

Scott Dann

Birmingham

Liverpool

Metro

26/May/2011

Eljero Elia

Hamburg

Liverpool

Daily Mirror

25/May/2011

Emilio Izaguirre

Celtic

Liverpool

Metro

24/May/2011

Stewart Downing

Aston Villa

Liverpool

Daily Mail

24/May/2011

Brad Friedel

Aston Villa

Liverpool

Daily Mirror

24/May/2011

Sergio Aguero

Atletico Madrid

Liverpool

Daily Mail

A few smoke bombs being thrown down by the club I suspect.

Not worth getting wound up about anything at the moment, it's all speculation until someone with a club badge on says something about it.

Can't see Henderson being a target, he's too narrow as an option, and we've already got two of those type of midfielders in Gerrard and Meireles, not to mention Aurelio and Maxi who also operate middle to semi-wide. Oh, and Cole. Pacheco too.

Lucas was our player of the season, Spearing not far behind, it's obvious that our problems are not in central midfield, not a priority anyway.

All that said, we will be buying at least one Central Midfield player this summer.

Thank God.

I only hope it's the right one.

01 Jun 2011 12:18:38

Hi Ed's i posted the other day but you put it on the banter page.

I have now been told the name of one of the players who will definately be signing for Liverpool this summer, Sergio Aguero and he will be our new #10, I have been told that he wanted to sign for us back when Rafa was is charge but Atletico would let him go...

Liverpool Rumours

I have now been told the name of one of the players who will definately be signing for Liverpool this summer, Sergio Aguero and he will be our new #10, I have been told that he wanted to sign for us back when Rafa was is charge but Atletico would let him go...

Liverpool Rumours

It'd make me happy, but I can't really see it.

Guest TK-421
Completely ignored the post:|

What?! I replied to the part I thought had any substance. I can reply to the rest if you like:

Ridiculous idea of a signing. In fact fucking appalling.

On what basis is it ridiculous? If you're going by matters off the pitch I have some sympathy with your view, but am open minded about his less desirable antics. If you mean football wise I completely disagree; he's a very accomplished player, who would be a steal at 5m or so, and bring immediate experience to a position where we're heavily relying on youth.

Hopefully we are looking at a crop of British players and crop of overseas targets.

I think that's an assumption we can make, yes.

Barton shouldn't be on any list.

Okay...

Joe Barton certainly fits in with the projected ethos of FSG: At (almost) 29 and not brilliant, he fits the young and brilliant paradigm just perfectly.

Classic sarcasm there. Sometimes it makes sense to break the mold. Gary Mac, y'know?

There has been so much speculations that I guess we'll just have to wait and see who the fuck we buy. One minute we're disappointed by Downing, the next we hear of Mata and Hazzard. Then we're talking about M'Villa and Matuidi, then down again by the likes of Adam and Downing.

I see what you've done there. Listed some British players who you think are average, and then listed some foreign ones who you've barely seen play. Quite the contrast.

Liverpool Rumours

I know its probably bullshit, but as long as we're fantasising, may aswell make it worth dreaming about.

excuse me a minute...

fap fap fap fap fap fap....

I cant see that beeing true. No way would Sunderland agree a fee without Steve Bruce beeing all over the media moaning and complaining.

No doubt Fergie would be on the phone to Bruce insisting they don't sell for less than £25m. Next thing you hear he's signed for Utd for £5m + Darren Gibson.

Barton deal is strange. If true then does it means Adam is not coming?

Also is Henderson what we need? Thought Shelvey and Spearing were showing signs of improvement at the end of the season. What will happen to Meireles and Lucas if we do sign both?

We could potentially see a midfield like this come next season..

--------Parker-------

Barton---------Adam

-------Gerrard--------

Edited by 18-5

Barton deal is strange. If true then does it means Adam is not coming?

Also is Henderson what we need? Thought Shelvey and Spearing were showing signs of improvement at the end of the season. What will happen to Meireles and Lucas if do sign both?

We could potentially see a midfield like this come next season..

--------Parker-------

Barton---------Adam

-------Gerrard--------

No. We couldn't. It would never happen.