You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I also don't understand the clamour for Johnson at RM. His main problem is his decision making (i.e. when he has got forward, more often than not it results in a howler of a ball in) so relieving him of his defensive duties doesn't help much - at least no more than allowing a decent RB to be in the back 4.

Personally, I think he'd be a poor choice on the right side of midfield - whether he'd be worse than Kuyt has been of late is debatable, but I think that he may well be. Kelly has shown himself to be a better RB, what we need now is to invest in a proper right midfielder, not try to make the most of a poor RB.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because most likely he would shite there, I dont see him as a winger or a wide midfielder at all.

I dont see why not...

How many times have you seen him play RM to make that judgement ?

He is one of the most skillful players we have. Maybe his biggest strength is running at players with the ball, he's quick and tricky, he is far more effective in his attacking than he is with his defending. Some wingbacks are not at all suited to play as a wide midfielder, but i think Johnson has everything to do well there.

Not sure about that line-up, i'm more positive about it than I was the one against Blackpool, but it doesn't fill me with confidence.

I really hope it's Johnson at RB, Agger at LB, and Kelly in the centre. I really expected Aurelio to play, he should be able to after a rest in midweek.

Hopefully it's a 4-3-3, with Maxi and Kuyt supporting Torres. That isn't exactly perfect, because we'd be very reliant on our less than convincing full-backs providing the width, but it is better than a 4-2-3-1, as Nando would be too isolated; I think it's important we get players around him. I think 4-3-3 isn't a bad way to go for us, I just think it would work a lot better with any of Cole, Pacheco, or even Babel instead of Dirk or Maxi.

I'm really pleased for Spearing getting his chance, massive game for him, but I don't think it's a particulalrly good selection for this match. I'd love to be wrong! how much has he played for the reserves since he came back from that injury? he'll need to be 100% match fit for this.

bit concerned with that line up. But we can only play what we have. Massive game for Spearing hope he stays calm and doesnt fly into challenges. I can see at least 1 sending off today.

Also seeing it as a 4231 lucas and spearing holding with Raul behind Nando and Kuyt and Maxi wide.

Guest PurpleNose
Is Joe Cole being penalised for supporting the last manager?

He should be in the team ahead of Kuyt, he may not have been great this season but surely you want your players with true quality on the pitch

No.

I dont see why not...

How many times have you seen him play RM to make that judgement ?

He is one of the most skillful players we have. Maybe his biggest strength is running at players with the ball, he's quick and tricky, he is far more effective in his attacking than he is with his defending. Some wingbacks are not at all suited to play as a wide midfielder, but i think Johnson has everything to do well there.

I base it on what I have seen from him going forward, his movement, his technique, how he recieves the ball etc.

I`m not saying he would be worse than Kuyt because thats a bit difficult, but I dont see him as a solution to our right hand side problem at all.

Skrtel concerns the fuck out of me. He lacks concentration, positioning, awareness and pretty much everything else needed in a game like this.

Anyway let's batter this shower of shite, they think they've got it won already.

Head says 1-1, heart says 3-0 to us.

I base it on what I have seen from him going forward, his movement, his technique, how he recieves the ball etc.

I`m not saying he would be worse than Kuyt because thats a bit difficult, but I dont see him as a solution to our right hand side problem at all.

Those are exactly the reasons why i think he'd do well there.

He's one of few in our side who has a good first touch and his technique is great.

Watch here Liverpool - Everton

ht tp://p2psoccerlive.comli.com/liverpool.htm 1.Veemi EN

ht tp://p2psoccerlive.comli.com/sporttv2v.htm 2.Veetle PT

htt p://p2psoccerlive.comli.com/liverpool1.htm 3.Veetle EN

ht p://p2psoccerlive.comli.com/liverpool2.htm 4.Veetle EN

More Streams here ht tp://p2psoccerlive.yolasite.com/