You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoepfully he'll ditch the 442 we've been seeing and move Gerrard up to just behind Torres. Something like this might work:

Reina

Kelly

Skrtel

Agger

Aurelio

Lucas

Meireles

Kuyt

Gerrard

Cole

Torres

Hopefully we've seen the end of Konchesky in a red shirt (that does however depend on Fabio keeping fit, which is like depending on the sun to never set if you live in England)

A few positives and advantage over them.

Whiskeyface wont have time to change his gameplan. His preperation will be completely based on Hodgson's defensive tactics, whereas Kenny likes to play attacking(I think).

The supporters. 9000 fans will sound like 90000.

A new start. The players will be eager to impress and prove themselves under a new manager, and what better then a man utd vs liverpool game. Its natural in every line of job to be real eager on first day of work(or first day under a new regime).

Mental. Would be a huge mental boost to the players. Every player will give their all, and vitally, Gerrard and Torres. Which leads to..

Performance. Ppl say that our squad is poor, but thats inaccurate. Whats accurate is that they have been performing well below their ability. When they perform to their max potential, our team aint that bad as ppl make out. Title winning, not really. Top four, yeah.

Really looking forward to this. Tough ask to win it but now we have a chance. I really hope Gerrard is on the right if we stick to 4-4-2 or ideally we play 4-2-3-1.

Reina

Johnson

Agger

Skrtel

Aurellio

Lucas

Mereiles

Gerrard

Cole

Maxi

Torres

United will play their strongest side I reckon

Kusack

Neville Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Nani Fletcher Scholes Giggs

Rooney/Javier Hernandez Berbatov

With Owen to come on late

Big game players for us: Torres, Gerrard, Lucas, Kuyt

Big game players for Utd: Berbatov, Scholes

Big game flops for Utd: Rooney, Vidic

Personally I feel that Agger should be able to contain Berbatov. Berbatov's strength is his physicallaty and his brain, and Agger has equal physicallity and football brain. Dont hav much confidence in Skrtel.

As for midfield, I reckon Lucas and Meirieles are better then Scholes and Fletcher. They're good at keeping the ball.

Our wings would be abit of a weakness I think, as Kuyt vs Evra and Maxi vs Neville aint exactly good.

Up front Torres and Gerrard vs Vidic and Ferdinand should be good.

Park not playing for them is good thing, as he seems to perform in the big games.

Hoepfully he'll ditch the 442 we've been seeing and move Gerrard up to just behind Torres. Something like this might work:

Reina

Kelly

Skrtel

Agger

Aurelio

Lucas

Meireles

Kuyt

Gerrard

Cole

Torres

Hopefully we've seen the end of Konchesky in a red shirt (that does however depend on Fabio keeping fit, which is like depending on the sun to never set if you live in England)

Maxi for Cole, the rest is agreeable

Mancs 0 Liverpool 3 (Torres, Dalglish 2).

I can dream.....

Seriously, what I am expecting is a positive attitude from the players. That's something we have hardly seen all season. I'm hoping to see more urgency, more determination, more will-to-win than we have all season.

Well, some urgency, some determination, and some win-to-will would do for a start.

------------Pepe-----------

Kelly---Skrtle---Agger--- Aurelio

Johnson---Meireles--Lucas--Cole

[

-Gerrard-

------------Torres------------

Bable--Ngog--Kenny--Kuyt on the bench :)

Might as well make the most of Johnson on the wing, because he cant defend.

Before the sacking i was expecting a 3/4 nil thumping from the mancs, today under new management; change of tactics, if we get a draw i will consider it a success.

Not sure if 24 hrs will make a great difference but a confidence boost, it maybe to soon for him to even make any tactical changes; did think KK was still on a cruise ship?

Before the sacking i was expecting a 3/4 nil thumping from the mancs, today under new management; change of tactics, if we get a draw i will consider it a success.

Not sure if 24 hrs will make a great difference but a confidence boost, it maybe to soon for him to even make any tactical changes; did think KK was still on a cruise ship?

He still is as far as I know.

Hodgson has picked the team for tomorrow - or so I'm told.

Kenny isn't going to be un-do the bad habits the squad has picked up over the past 18 months or so overnight but I'm sure he'll be able to install the belief into the players overnight that we can go there tomorrow & come away with some sort of positive result.

I don't think anybody believed (fans, players, probably Hodgson himself) we were going to get anything other than beat tomorrow with Hodgson in charge.

I still expect us to lose tomorrow, it would be fairytale even for us to win there in Kennys first game back, but, I do expect us to show a considerable amount of fight in our game tomorrow, something that had been sorely lacking in our away performances in the last 18 months.

Looking forward to the game now!!! Get in....

Reina, Aurelio, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly (we need to stop Nani), Gerrard(right), Meireles, Lucas, Cole, Maxi(left), Torres.....

After having seen that shit Utd team be taken apart by WBA, this game is up for grabs if we dare to take the game to them.....

Long live the King....

Did a scouting report on two of United main men:

Berbatov: Right footed, shoots or place headers from right to left. Likes to hangs back in space, when ball is being pulled back from byline, or to pick up the leftovers. Danger from corners.

Stationary when ball comes from the wings .Runs through the middle when Man Utd attacking through centre. Likes to use body to shield ball from defender.

Passes ball to channels when dribbling down the middle. Rarely goes solo, will look to pass to incoming runs of teammates. When dribbling to the side, will aim to cut the ball back across the goalline.

Important for defender to get body between him and the pass/cross from the wing. Don’t mark him but intercept the pass/cross to him. Check his runs through the middle. Mark the space he’s attacking when running through the middle.

Nani: Right footed. Primaly right winger. Inswinging crosser. Pacy. Danger with crosses. Has good partnership with Berbatov.

When dribbling through the middle, tries through balls to runner through the middle. When at left sideline, will look to dribble towards own goal and put inswinging cross. When at right sideline, will cross to middle, or dribble to byline and pull ball back. Rarely cuts inside.

Shoots ball across keeper to far side. Likes to try long shots. On rare occasions cut inside, only to shoot. Makes runs from wings to middle.

Important for defender to force ball onto weaker left foot by marking his right side, hence decreasing the possibility of crossing. When he’s dribbling through middle, block out passing channels to his teammate runs. When United attacking through the middle, check his runs from wide to centre.