You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you want as manager when the 2011/2012 season starts?

Wor Horse

Who do you want as manager next season and beyond?  

241 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want as manager next season and beyond?

• Roy Hodgson
    • Kenneth Dalglish
    • Rafael Benitez
    • Didier Deschamps
    • Other [State in thread]

Question for those wanting Coyle, what he has done that deserves a crack at the Liverpool job?.

Just had a quick flick through the wage bills and as I thought Bolton’s wage bill was 46million. It is similar to Fulhams and Evertons and about 40% more than Stoke. So in theory he is he really doing a better job than some of his peers have done in recent years on similar budgets?

The main thing is that the Ginger Mourhinho and Sammy lee underperformed at Bolton prior to Coyle arriving. At the end of the season they will probably finish between 8th and 13th which is probably their average league position under Allardyce.

Throw in Bolton have been an established premier league for some time and I am struggling to see what all the fuss is about. Also he jumped ship in the middle of the season leaving Burnly which is a bit of a shitty move. I would say what Holloway has done with Blackpool is a far better achievement thus far. Although I would never dream of touting him for the Liverpool job.

I like Coyle's accent.

Guest PurpleNose
I like Coyle's accent.

Not keen on that thing he does at the end of sentences that sounds like he's trying to dislodge a bit of toffee from the back of his throat.

4 people are actually happy with Hodgson?

Ahahah, that's where your wrong. I voted for him but only because it's a private poll. You and Testicle O'Reilly fell for it like the big girly spazzez you are. Hah!

Guest TesticleOReilly
Ahahah, that's where your wrong. I voted for him but only because it's a private poll. You and Testicle O'Reilly fell for it like the big girly spazzez you are. Hah!

Don't you drag me into this sordid bollocks, I haven't voted, and if I did it'd be for Benitez, to make Code cry.

Bit disingenuous that, StevieH, they're 18th, they were 20th when he took over.

Since hes taken over they've won 3 or 4 games. Think they'd won only 1 before that and lost a hell of a lot. Mind you they're still losing games but hes at least got some points on board.

Hes got Demichelis from Bayern coming in too which should help them out a bit.

If you asked me this a few days ago I would have said Rafa but the divisions in our support would grow further. I'd go for Deschamps, Mancini when he is available or Quique Flores.

'Divisions'...good, I've got nothing in common with those people who cannot see the benefit in Rafa coming back, fuck em.

I would love to pick Dalglish, but common sense says it's a rediculous fairytale notion that is liable to not only hurt us but hurt him and his family too.

Deschamps can sit back down.

People keep mentioning Andre Villas Boas, but he has only just started. He is fucking 33 for fucks sake. I have no idea of the quality of the Portuguese league right now, but six months doing well in a minor league is not quite the CV I would be looking at.

Kind of my attitude towards Deschamps. 6 years of management in France and Serie B is hardly the CV I am looking for.

Two fallings out with club officials along the way as well, and a win percentage as manager that is inferior to Rafa's.

And I've said it before and I'll say it until people agree, any manager is doomed to be undermined whilst Jamie Carragher is part of the squad. He's got his eyes on the prize and he'll be politicking at every turn. It's so unhealthy for a team.

And I've said it before and I'll say it until people agree, any manager is doomed to be undermined whilst Jamie Carragher is part of the squad. He's got his eyes on the prize and he'll be politicking at every turn. It's so unhealthy for a team.

HOLY SHIT BALLS!!!!

2wbtj03.jpg

Kind of my attitude towards Deschamps. 6 years of management in France and Serie B is hardly the CV I am looking for.

Two fallings out with club officials along the way as well, and a win percentage as manager that is inferior to Rafa's.

If a manager hasn't got the nouse or the balls to deal with an awkward player then he doesn't deserve the job. Especially not in this day and age.

Plus I don't think it's in the interests of the current owners to undermine a new manager so rather than encouraging it, like we had going on last year, that kind of shit will get stepped on real quick.

Don't be a prick Code.

You had one too many, everyone has done it.

Just hold your hands up, there is no sarcasm there what so ever.

When I replied with my comment about the Norwegian league it was a reply to someone saying Deschamps had not won any of the big leagues or something like that.

How the hell could he, he has never managed there, just like Rafa has never managed in Norway.

He's not coming back. Get over it.

People keep mentioning Andre Villas Boas, but he has only just started. He is fucking 33 for fucks sake. I have no idea of the quality of the Portuguese league right now, but six months doing well in a minor league is not quite the CV I would be looking at.

We need someone who can be here for at least a decade though, maybe two. I've not seen a team of his, but he's supposed to play fluid attacking football, working the ball around the whole pitch. And he's worked under the greatest man ever to have lived at Porto, Chelsea and Inter.