You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So...Re-build in January, or wait a season...

Antynwa

We should rebuild as much as we can in January. If that is one or two, great. If it is three or four, so much the better. But they need to be the right players i.e. clear improvements on what is already here.

Agree with this ... NESV will have their Stato Squad looking at the route to the Champion's League between now and the final whistle of the final league game.

If we fall below the run rate they will act - they are result driven, no question.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if we are going to spend in the winter transfer season I would prefer if it was not Hodgson but thats a different story.

The people we have been linked with so far:

Keisuke Honda : Keisuke Honda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Juan Mata : Juan Manuel Mata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Arda Turan (the ever present) : Arda Turan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stefan Kiessling : Stefan Kießling - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lisandro Lopez : Lisandro López - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ibrahim Afellay : Ibrahim Afellay - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

nice to see we are being linked to quite a few wingers!

Well if we are going to spend in the winter transfer season I would prefer if it was not Hodgson but thats a different story.

Only mata and Turan really stand out for in in that list.

January could be really interesting. It all depends on the manager. With the top of our club being sorted now all our eyes are on Hodgson now to get his tactics sorted out. I think he will be given a season if he can get the team going but after that I really cant see him staying on or us keeping him. Or if we continue to be shite christmas.

Player wise our owner doesnt need to invest in a lot seriously. The very fact we are not paying interests anymore means there is so much open to us now.

I dont think Hodgson is scared to sell the shite or the players he feels adds little. For example i can see

Lucas (actually encouraged by him but heard rumours he may go) 7 million

Babel- 8 million

Aurelio- 2 million?

Maxi- 3 million

Skrtel- 6 million?

There is £26 million plus anything else from no interest payments which is brilliant for January we could end up with £30-35 million possibly. If we start pushing up the table we can do well with the side we have but we need improvements no doubt. I don't think we can get into top 4 without good reinforcements in January.

We defo need a striker and winger in january.

January could be really interesting. It all depends on the manager. With the top of our club being sorted now all our eyes are on Hodgson now to get his tactics sorted out. I think he will be given a season if he can get the team going but after that I really cant see him staying on or us keeping him. Or if we continue to be shite christmas.

Player wise our owner doesnt need to invest in a lot seriously. The very fact we are not paying interests anymore means there is so much open to us now.

I dont think Hodgson is scared to sell the shite or the players he feels adds little. For example i can see

Babel- 8 million

Aurelio- 2 million?

Maxi- 3 million

Skrtel- 6 million?

There is £26 million plus anything else from no interest payments which is brilliant for January we could end up with £30-35 million possibly. If we start pushing up the table we can do well with the side we have but we need improvements no doubt. I don't think we can get into top 4 without good reinforcements in January.

We defo need a striker and winger in january.

Let me get this straight? You think Roy is going to sell Skrtel whom he is starting consistently? Interesting.

No massive rebuild necessary. The team needs a LW, CB and a manager that lets the team play, the needs are exactly the same as last year. The backup for Torres is not that much of a priority, we have several players who can play there. It's more a question of how the manager wants the team to play.

I think we need to invest some money in January.. It depends on whats availible and to what price but think we need to buy a LW, ST and a DM... I'm a dane and WAS a fan of Poulsen, but he has let me down since the start of this season, or let us all down.. And Lucas isn't really an option..

Hasn't Lass recently spoken about he maybe want to leave in January if he doesn't get picked?? He has an proven record in PL so I think we should go after him.. It would streghten the weakest link in our team significantly..

The only reason why we shouldn't buy a DM if is Woy start playing Meireles where he should play.. In DM.. But at the moment i can't see that happening and thats why i think we should buy a DM..

PS. just seen manure play 2-2 against the brum.. Fucking awesome!!!

Edited by René A

Well, it depends if you trust the manager and his style of play.

Roy WILL buy players to suit his style, which is sit back and counter attack. Fulham mark 2

Whereas Rafa was looking for players who are technically and tactically good, versatile and preferably young, powerful and will play the pressing game.

If we want to spend, lets get a manager who has a style we like, then let him buy players to suit it.

These comments about just letting players play, God help us if we get a manager like that. Thats typical FM management, and surprise surprise, the players don't play as a team.

These comments about just letting players play, God help us if we get a manager like that. Thats typical FM management, and surprise surprise, the players don't play as a team.

You take things literally beyond belief. Of course professional football players do as they are told to do. "Letting players play" means that the parameters are loosened a bit (not thrown away), the framework of instructions becoming more flexible.

The team comes always first. However, football is not engineering, it is more like art. You have to master the craft, but the craft in itself is not enough, expressing one's skills freely on the pitch is required and the manager must allow for that. The previous and present managers seem to dislike this, the present one even more than the previous.

Last year we did not play as a team, this year so far we haven't played as a team, either. Possibly a change in the approach is needed...

Turan or Mata would be my first choice from that list.

Apparently we are interested in the Russian, Kerzhakov.

If we are rebuilding in January, I hope it's not Roy who's in charge of it.

My sentiments exactly from the other thread

If the club start to rebuild in January the first thing they must do is identify who the long term manager of LFC is going to be

I'd e happy if we could be linked with the likes of Llorente and Mata and not start laughing at the thought of being able to afford them!

I think the squad has alot of good players but we're very unbalanced and don't have an identity.

For example, if Gerrard is playing centre mid and we're going for a big centre forward then why did we sign Meirelles and Poulsen? Meirelles isn't physical enough to play as a defensive centre midfielder covering Gerrard (he's got great ability on the ball and probably needs someone covering him) and Poulsen is just shit.

We need a plan, which probably means we need to rehaul, but from this summers transfers I'm not convinced by Hodgson

Babel- 8 million

Aurelio- 2 million?

Maxi- 3 million

Skrtel- 6 million?

I dont think we will get anything for Aurelio or Maxi...one because of his injuries ...the second because of his wages.

I would keep Skrtl

It is possible we could sell players like Skrtel, as we have also been linked to players such as Cahill (Bolton) and Shawcross (Wigan though he is a former Manc).

The only problem with that is that if Roy is still here I can't see him dropping Cara (blasphemy) so we will be kinda in the same situation, IMO it should be Agger and A.nother.

I'd like to see us get Mata and Turan, and drop Gerrard back to the middle with Meirelles. Also bring in Shawcross and Cahill.

Kyrgiakos, Agger and Skyrtl are all expendable and would provide some transfer funds. Carra could provide cover for the other 2 over the next couple of years, while Wilson, Ayala and Kelly develop. Don't think we would get anything for Aurelio but possibly free transfer him off the wage bill. I think Johnson would look a lot better with Mata in front of him and 2 faster CHs to cover him.

We should rebuild as much as we can in January. If that is one or two, great. If it is three or four, so much the better. But they need to be the right players i.e. clear improvements on what is already here.

I agree, I also think we need to show ambition to keep Torres. Two or three god players in January might make him think that the future here is rosey.

Left back, striker, a centre back who can head and a top winger are the areas where we can instantly improve.

In the summer, I must admit I'd love us to go for Alonso - unlikely as it is that he'll return.

It is possible we could sell players like Skrtel, as we have also been linked to players such as Cahill (Bolton) and Shawcross (Wigan though he is a former Manc).

The only problem with that is that if Roy is still here I can't see him dropping Cara (blasphemy) so we will be kinda in the same situation, IMO it should be Agger and A.nother.

Isn't Shawcross at Stoke? Carra is almost a sacred cow at the club and it would be politically difficult to drop him. I would hope he would accept less playing time, as long as it extended his career and he got regular games.

Sorry I meant Stoke no idea why I put Wigan ! (I was looking at the league table at the same time so seeing where we would be if we beat Everton .. Above Wigan -12th - possibly the reason)!

Midfield well quite a few could be shipped out Lucas (though I would possibly keep him), Maxi, Babel, Poulson (should be but doubt he will), Jova (though should be playing upfront), Spearing aswell as a few "fringe players" (we have 53 1st team players). Bring a right winger and a left winger in and will change our season (we missed out on Ben Arfa regretably - obviously without the injury).

Strikers well don't really need to say we really only have two and one of them is not ready, though tbf to him he has scored more this season than our main striker (due to Injury) , maybe go for Llorente (Bilbao) and another maybe Kiessling (Leverkusen), as I feel we need atleast two more strikers for when Torres is injured. Aguero would be nice but I can't really see it happening!

Edited by Lubeh