You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Takeover is off if 9 points docked

Guest Ronin47

The article says that the bank have changed their stance. If it shows they are bottling it. Then is Hicks winning?
It's nothing more than a publicity stunt by the club.

The problem is John that NESV (or any other company) will not pay £300m for the club if its placed in administration.

NESV may well turn round and say we will pay £150m for the club now its in administration.

Hicks wins his case tells RBS he has some dodgy hedge fund willing to lend him £287m to refinance so RBS will get their cash back in full and rid of Liverpool but RBS have to wait another month.

I can assure you RBS will wait another month.

No offence Coop, but how can you give an assurance like that ?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we win the court case then its all good. If Hicks wins then he has the chance to refinance. All be it a slim window of opportunity. The current board blocked refinancing. If they are gone his board will sanction it. Which will give him until Friday to pay off RBS. Presumably then to sit back and bleed the club dry until he sells for his magical £600 million figure. Hicks is a tw@ but can't be totally stupid. He must have a refinance package lined up. Why else would he risk losing even more if we go into administration and are sold for sweet fa?

It's nothing more than a publicity stunt by the club.

No offence Coop' date=' but how can you give an assurance like that ?[/quote']

They have got to tread a careful line mate.

Hicks could turn around and say that he wanted to pay back RBS but the board blocked him so in theory he tried doing his part of the agreement.

Could Hicks have a case of litigation as regards if £300m is deemed too low.

I just think RBS want the option to get Liverpool off their books and if that means holding off putting the club into administration and allowing Hicks to refinance elsewhere i think they would.

The problem is John that NESV (or any other company) will not pay £300m for the club if its placed in administration.

NESV may well turn round and say we will pay £150m for the club now its in administration.

Hicks wins his case tells RBS he has some dodgy hedge fund willing to lend him £287m to refinance so RBS will get their cash back in full and rid of Liverpool but RBS have to wait another month.

I can assure you RBS will wait another month.

Coop, pardon my drunkeness but why would administartion fuck up any bids? 9 points should be overcomeable with the right managher in place

This headline basically screams

"look what could happen if you rule against Liverpool"

I imagine this is being fed to Bascombe to run the story in the hope it,at some level,slips into the conscious of those tasked with making the judgement and hope this will affect the outcome.

Just my opinion.

This headline basically screams

"look what could happen if you rule against Liverpool"

I imagine this is being fed to Bascombe to run the story in the hope it,at some level,slips into the conscious of those tasked with making the judgement and hope this will affect the outcome.

Just my opinion.

And mine mate. Fingers crossed ey.

Liverpool takeover: new owners should not expect red carpet – the fans are still too angry

Whether it is New England Sports Ventures or another prospective buyer that ends the week owning Liverpool, they face a difficult start.

By Jay McKenna, spokesman for Spirit of Shankly

Published: 10:00PM BST 09 Oct 2010

Comment

Finding their voice: Spirit of Shankly supporters group is intent on making its views known to whoever takes over the club Photo: REUTERS

They will arrive at the club after three years under probably the worst owners in our history and one of the most unpopular regimes in football.

Fans are hurt, damaged, angry and upset at what Tom Hicks and George Gillett have done to our club, and it is only natural they will be cautious that whoever replaces them may yet do the same.

Related Articles

Broughton: points loss fear 'catastrophic'

Liverpool debt at heart of court battle

Why would anyone want to buy Liverpool?

Sport on television

Premier League approve Liverpool takeover

Liverpool takeover crisis: live

We have had promises for the last three years. Now what matters is that we have owners whose actions back up their words.

So they should not be surprised if doors are not opened for them, if we do not roll out the red carpet straightaway.

We listened to Hicks and Gillett. We are not going to make the same mistakes again.

We have learned from Tom and George, and from the errors we have made. Liverpool's fan base has become well-informed, not just on football but on debt, leveraged buyouts and the rest. We will be watching carefully to see how our club is run.

We know we do not want, and do not need, owners who are going to mortgage the club to the hilt, as their predecessors did.

We know we are not asking for a Roman Abramovich or a Sheikh Mansour figure, who will lavish millions on transfer spending.

We also know that if you take the debt and the interest repayments away from Liverpool, they are a self-sustaining club.

All we ask of the new owners is that they make sure all of the funds it generates can be reinvested into player recruitment and player development.

We know the new stadium is a key issue. We know the argument for a new home for the club on Stanley Park is that we need to keep up with the match-day revenues of Arsenal and Manchester United.

What we also know is that the name Anfield resonates around the world as much as the likes of San Siro, the Nou Camp and the Bernabéu. We do not see any reason to throw away that history.

It is a matter fans would like to be engaged on. We know the new owners, whoever they may be, must respect Liverpool, must understand the fans, must allow the club to move forward, must show us that not all foreign owners are the same and must right the wrongs of Hicks and Gillett.

It was because of the previous regime that Spirit of Shankly was formed, but we have always said we will hold new owners to account, and we will.

We will always have queries and concerns. Even if Tom and George finally leave, we know we are not going anywhere.

Liverpool takeover: new owners should not expect red carpet – the fans are still too angry - Telegraph

They have got to tread a careful line mate.

Hicks could turn around and say that he wanted to pay back RBS but the board blocked him so in theory he tried doing his part of the agreement.Could Hicks have a case of litigation as regards if £300m is deemed too low.

I just think RBS want the option to get Liverpool off their books and if that means holding off putting the club into administration and allowing Hicks to refinance elsewhere i think they would.

I'm quite sure the judge would ask to see proof of said monies Hicks intended to pay RBS back with.

Mail piss me off no end. Once we would have panicked and thought shit, we dont want these people blah blah blah. Frankly the mail can eat of Hicks' hand for all I care, I prefer to wait for the court case thanks Daily Mail.

Trying the scaremongering title there. I know its hardly different to notw but the Mail just irritates me so much more.

This week is going to be fucking horrible - if Hicks wins and RBS extend to allow him to refinance I really can see no way back for the club. Hicks will just eventually sell on to the next leverage buyer and the club will eventually explode in a sea of creditors, in the middle of a 2nd division thriller verses Oxford United (at home with 2 holding midfielders)

Your call, Judge

The points deduction would leave us needing 43 points from 31 games to avoid relegation. That's 1.38 points per game. By comparison, we averaged 1.66 ppg over last season's dreadful campaign.

NESV should be more worried about Roy's cluelessness than the point penalty.

If they are willing to call it off over 9 points then good riddance as they obviously don't have the fight/heart required to make us the best again.

That's an exceedingly simplistic way of looking at it. A nine point loss makes Premiership survival a very daunting prospect - All of a sudden NESV are paying £300m for a club which would be more likely than not to be playing nPower league football next season - No one is going to pay £300m for a club in that position, no one. You'd genuinely have to be a spastic or a conman bigger than Hicks to do so.

It instantly chops a bare minimum of £200m off of the club's asking price and, to be honest, probably a lot more, because you have all half-decent saleable assets leaving for heavily reduced fees - Even in his current diminished state Torres would probably fetch £35m, but go down and you're halving that and possibly going lower still if he requests a transfer. Suddenly the rebuilding job is massively larger than it was if you'd survived in the top flight. Add to that the fact that we have a pretty considerable wage bill, and almost certainly no provisions in place contractually for wage cuts should relegation occur.

It's not about "having the fight/heart" and it won't be, regardless of how many haughty and reactionary declarations of a similar nature are made, it's a simple reflection on the reality of the situation.

What the fuck am i reading,some here seem to think that 9ts deduction and were down.

We may be bad but if we cant get more points than some of the dross in this league even with the loss of 9ts we fucked anyway.

Had we beaten Blackpool last week we would be 8th,its not like there is a massive gap

the club are feeding this out to get some shots in early imo

the club are feeding this out to get some shots in early imo

I lean towards agreeing with that interpretation, but suppose that 9 points were taken off - The morale of the players - already at a low - and a manager incapable of inspiration make survival a very daunting prospect, particularly with a less than hopeful looking set of fixtures over the next month or so. We would likely be marooned 15-20 points from safety by Christmas.