You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We are still in for Toivonen, Konchesky and possibly another midfielder. Can that Ruiz play on the left? I don't think Roy has addressed our real weakness, which is in the wide positions. Potentially Johnson can play on the right of midfield but having Babel and Jovanovic on the left doesn't fill me with confidence in the least...

We are still in for Toivonen, Konchesky and possibly another midfielder. Can that Ruiz play on the left? I don't think Roy has addressed our real weakness, which is in the wide positions. Potentially Johnson can play on the right of midfield but having Babel and Jovanovic on the left doesn't fill me with confidence in the least...
our real weakness is having ngog as a backup to torres, I just hope we sign a striker before the window closes, and meireles would be a super signing imo.

Signing Paul Konchesky or Luke Young would be the ultimate evidence of which state the club is in. And please, don't give me some bullshit about squad players, these two are utter crap. If Everton signed them I'd laugh.

We may even need one of them, not saying Roy is doing the wrong thing, but my god it'll be a sad day when it happens.

Signing Paul Konchesky or Luke Young would be the ultimate evidence of which state the club is in. And please, don't give me some bullshit about squad players, these two are utter crap. If Everton signed them I'd laugh.

We may even need one of them, not saying Roy is doing the wrong thing, but my god it'll be a sad day when it happens.

We have to get our head out of the sand and recognise that this is the place we are until the two parasites have gone.

Roy is working with the tools at his disposal. It is also influenced by the new 'home grown' rules this year (think).

Last close season we were all dreaming about buying the like of Silva and Villa and believing we could. Little did we know the state of the finances.

Let's keep the fight to get the owners out but in the meantime back the manager and the team to make the best of what we have - sadly. Hopefully new owners will help us bring in better than the journey men we are signing and the likes of Konchesky will be quietly moved on.

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Konchesky

Kuyt Poulsen Meireles Cole

Gerrard

Torres

with Dirk also as a Madeley/McClair "I'll play anywhere you know me boss" 12th man, especially if we decide to throw Johnson further forward and play Kelly right back.

It was looking a lot worse two months ago, especially if you listened to Talksport's finest.

It's all about the fitness now.

We've signed Joe Cole and Meireles, there's a reasonable chance we'll get Toivonen. We can get good players, we don't have to settle for mediocre journeymen. If we'd put the money we wasted on Brad Jones towards a better left back we could have gotten someone good, no problem.

Nobody else worried that we will not be able to agree terms and/or scum trump our terms?

Seemes like he didn't sign an extension 'cos he wanted a better deal so, after agreeing a fee with the club, the negotiating ground is his terms. His agent is sure to be drumming up interest to get his fee as high as possible.

If true that Barca were sniffing and Mancs inteested I won't settle until I see him holding up the red shirt.

Agreed. They're both fuckin garbage and I do not see the sense in signing average shite like this no matter how much someone tries to justify that they are good players.

Paul Konchesky and Luke Young(not going to happen anyway) is an improvement by some distance on Insua and Degan

Meningitis is an improvement over Cancer but I still wouldn't fancy a dose of it.

I don't even think Konchesky is a massive improvement on Insua. Insua suffered last season because he was over played. When he looked tired and was in a bit of poor form he needed pulling out of the firing line for a few weeks. That didn't happen because Aurellio was permanently crocked. He suffered because of this, but I still believe the lad has potential.

Regardless, if we are getting shut then Paul Konchesky shouldn't be the level of player that we are aiming for when someone like Salcido is going cheaper.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
reina

carragher skyrtel agger

johnson raul poulsen nzogbia

gerrard (free role)

cole

torres

back to the roy days 3-5-2

Have we purchased N'Zogbia without me noticing. I've seen him included in line-ups three or four times. Mental.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You need only look at his username to see how full of shit he is.

I don't know why Dave agreed to change it from 'I such N'cock', to be honest.