You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

Think you're reading a bit too much into his post there, and to be fair you did make a strange comment that didn't really make any sense.

Mate we actually know each other were takin the piss as we only discovered yesterday that we both post on this site.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry? Eljeficito I think you may be confusing me with another poster mate seriously. I havn't a clue what you're talking about i'm afraid.

Your name is A*** H****** and we've sat next to each other on the kop for 15 years. You're part of the facebook group "the liverpool way" stating this along with your username. Enough now assclown.

Can someone translate this baffling management gobbledygook?

He would own the debt and could dictate the terms by which it was repaid. It doesn't really make sense to do business like that though. Not this particular business anyway as it would take time and he seems to be in a hurry.

Just to dampen the mood.

A reported approach by a Chinese businessman, Jian-hua ‘Kenny’ Huang, to buy Liverpool is shrouded in confusion as sources in China and America have told sportingintelligence that he does not have the money to buy the club, that he declined to sign a confidentiality clause requested of all interested parties, and that “it is simply not plausible” that he can effectively strike a deal with RBS bank in order to take control.

Some reports have claimed that Huang is a billionaire and that he owns a 15 per cent stake in the Cleveland Cavaliers NBA basketball franchise.

In fact he is not a billionaire, and has never owned any shares in the Cavaliers, and there are no plans for him to own any in the future.....

This little saga does smell a little of self promotion.

Hope I merely being cynical mind and this fellow - or his cohorts - come(s) up with the goods.

Read the dialogue between me and the other poster if you really want to understand the conversation I was having with him, don't snip my post and then ask me to explain it.

Calm down - the question is still valid within the conversation you had. Why would any of the other 6 bidders (if they exist) say anything about their bid?

Absolutely no chance of that happening.

If he had an unsuccessful first season after being backed substantially financially then maybe. Otherwise it would be a PR disaster, and I'm sure any new owners will be looking to get fans onside.

He wouldn't sack Roy, who would replace him? All the marquee managers are in jobs.

The stories I've read say they're in 'a hurry' to get the takeover done while the transfer window is still open. Know what that says to me? Mmmm toys.

He would own the debt and could dictate the terms by which it was repaid. It doesn't really make sense to do business like that though. Not this particular business anyway as it would take time and he seems to be in a hurry.

I was making humour because the bank man said bollocks.

Kenneth Huang's rise from badminton ace to prospective Liverpool owner | Football | guardian.co.uk

Until today, few in Britain would have heard of Jianhua "Kenny" Huang, the Chinese-born businessman now bidding for Liverpool. But then, few in China or the US knew of the sports entrepreneur before he launched an ambitious $70m (£45m) bid to buy a stake in an NBA team barely 15 months ago.

Chinese media have reported he was born in 1964 in southern Guangdong province and was said to have been an outstanding badminton player in his youth. But he has made headlines by combining his love of sport and knowledge of his homeland with American business experience – honed at the New York Stock Exchange, as the first Chinese graduate employed there.

He graduated from his hometown's Zhongshan University before moving to the US to study at Columbia University and then complete a masters degree at St John's. He reportedly speaks Japanese as well as Mandarin, Cantonese and English.

Unlike previous high-profile foreign bidders for English teams, he is not known as a tycoon. He does not seem to appear on Chinese rich lists and the extent of his personal wealth is unclear. Instead, he has established himself as a deal-maker – this bid is backed by a sovereign wealth fund.

Huang's first notable forays into the sporting world came when he cut deals to market the Houston Rockets and New York Yankees to Chinese businesses. Given the vast appetite for basketball among young people in China – there are said to be as many as 300 million fans – it was an obvious match.

But he grabbed attention when he led a Chinese investment group to buy a 15% stake in the NBA team the Cleveland Cavaliers last year in a deal said to be worth $70m. Months later, he underlined his ambitions with a preliminary deal to take over the Jilin Northeast Tigers, part of the Chinese Basketball Association.

His Hong Kong-based QSL Sports company has announced a 15-year agreement to help develop a youth baseball team in China, investing several million dollars to raise the profile of the sport.

"It seems like he is trying to piece together a one-man-created sports empire: baseball, basketball, football; the US, England and China," Maggie Rauch, editor of the China Sports Today blog, said. "The industry perception is that they are keeping an eye on this guy and seeing what he is up to. So far he has maybe done more talking than doing as far as building anything here in sports goes."

But Marc Ganis, president of the US consulting firm Sportscorp, who has worked with the businessman on several ventures, told Associated Press last year: "Huang is a guy with real vision but also the ability to make it a reality."

Huang is managing director of Rocket Capital – the investment platform he launched with Leslie Alexander, owner of the Houston Rockets – which focuses on emerging markets, particularly China. Its investments include the China Railway Group, the carmakers Brilliance Auto, the Xinjiang Xinxin Mining Industry Company and the Longrun Tea Group.

Dividing his time between Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and the US, he appears as well-connected in the world of Chinese business and government as he is in sporting circles.

A biographical note on the website of Aspen Infrastructure – where he is a director – describes him as "one of the most accomplished business executives partnering with some of the largest state-owned enterprises in China".

Despite his ambition and his attention-grabbing investments, he has shunned the limelight, giving few press conferences. The British company he has hired to handle media inquiries was unable to confirm the year of his birth or if he was an American citizen.

Whether or not his bid succeeds, he is unlikely to be the last businessman from China to seek to buy a well-known British team. "It's just a matter of time before a Chinese entrepreneur buys one of the big football clubs," Rupert Hoogewerf, founder of the Hurun rich list, said.

The petrochemicals tycoon Xu Ming, who owns Dalian Shide, was linked to Leeds at one stage; the property developer Xu Rongmao was rumoured to be interested in Newcastle; and some predicted a Chinese bid for Crystal Palace after the club picked up players from Shanghai. Indeed, Liverpool have previously been linked to another businessman from China – the multimillionaire gaming entrepreneur Zhu Jun, who reportedly held exploratory buyout talks with Barclays Capital.

This little saga does smell a little of self promotion.

Hope I merely being cynical mind and this fellow - or his cohorts - come(s) up with the goods.

Straight from the NBA website: NBA.com: Cavs' investor buys into Chinese basketball league

Along with his associates, he does indeed own shares. As far as I can deal, he's a senior figure, but more the public face, a deal broker than the one who stumps up all of the cash.

Thats what I would read into it too, they want to back the current gaffer in the transfer market.

I'd be surprised. Managers are always lame ducks when these people take over, Ranieri and Hughes were both treading water until their respective clubs had the chance to fuck them off.

Guest ShoePiss
Calm down - the question is still valid within the conversation you had. Why would any of the other 6 bidders (if they exist) say anything about their bid?

Perfectly calm, I don't like someone taking a post of mine in isolation from 4 pages back and then asking me to explain myself when the post wasn't even directed at them.

It was in response to the other poster saying this kenny haung bid had flushed out the other bidders, I later then stated what I thought being flushed out meant i.e names being mentioned, in the context it was written I understood it to mean exposed, outed etc. Due to that understanding I then thought well if the bidders were exposed you'd expect some response like no comment or complete denial.

My point really is that I don't think this Kenny Huang bid has flushed out bidders, I think it's bollocks coming from the club and appears to have been done off the record as I've not seen an article that actually states the club have said this, it's all "the BBC understands"