You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can never get my head around how G&H are so rich. Everytime you read something, even going into their past, the word bankruptcy or loan default is never far away. Added to the fact that Hicks especially seems genuinely fucking dense, it's quite incredible.

That's how plenty of ridiculously wealthy people stay so, despite being incredibly irresponsible. They have no quarms about ripping people off and therefore aren't out of the money for very long.

20 pages! I'm not reading all that, is Kenny wang chang still wanting to buy us and has his staff finally unpacked the stuff in that new, secret office they've moved into?

Yeah he does. Apparently CIC are only part investors now, though. Looks close enough to being done. Depends on what you read.

But the CIC is said to have sold £351m-worth of shares in the global financial services firm Morgan Stanley in the last couple of weeks – a fi gure equivalent to the debts currently being held by Liverpool.

“We will not confirm or deny any matter in relation to Liverpool Football Club unless and until we and the representatives of Liverpool have chosen to do so jointly,” said a statement that intimated top-level talks have taken place.

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | Sport | Football

I can never get my head around how G&H are so rich. Everytime you read something, even going into their past, the word bankruptcy or loan default is never far away. Added to the fact that Hicks especially seems genuinely fucking dense, it's quite incredible.

Bankruptcy is an essential weapon in the modern capitalist's armoury, mate. Its almost standard practice to these cunts. Take out a loan, buy something, shovel away as much of its money as you can where no one can find it, declare bankruptcy and let the creditors pick over the bones of what you bought, trouser the money you stole. Rinse, repeat.

Fuckbuggering cuntbuckets.

It looks to me as though this Chinese bid will go through. CIC represent the bulk of the money behind the bid, though they are clearly using investment vehicles and can thus deny any direct involvement.

Other bids will fade away. The Syrian chap, the Rhone Group, and even the Kuwaiti family, all sound like names drummed up by G&H to buy time and hang on.

Nice to see leadership from the club in saying bidders need to show the colour of their money by next week.

Who knows, we may have another serious bidder coming into the fray, but as it stands it should be the Chinese by next Friday.

I think they will be more of a solid ownership proposition than a flighty billionaire, who merely buys us as a vanity project. An Arab or an Oligarch who buys like that could just as easily get bored and move on.

If the Chinese buy us as a serious long term business proposition, then that will be best all round. They have the cash to do all that is needed right now - stadium, refresh the squad, pay the debt. And they have a population that is getting richer - China will likely be the biggest economy in the world and overtake America by 2020. There will be hundreds of millions of people who could buy football kits, and who will pay to watch the games - either on tv or the internet as that all grows.

In other words, there will be huge money to be made.

This will all be good for LFC. We get what we need right now, and in the long run we get the largest fanbase in the world behind us, which in turn makes money for the owners in the long run.

I will be happy with this.

And as for the human rights thing, one can only hope that China continually makes progress in this regard, and you would have to think that increased links with the rest of the world - links that benefit China economically - will help.

It looks to me as though this Chinese bid will go through. CIC represent the bulk of the money behind the bid, though they are clearly using investment vehicles and can thus deny any direct involvement.

Other bids will fade away. The Syrian chap, the Rhone Group, and even the Kuwaiti family, all sound like names drummed up by G&H to buy time and hang on.

Nice to see leadership from the club in saying bidders need to show the colour of their money by next week.

Who knows, we may have another serious bidder coming into the fray, but as it stands it should be the Chinese by next Friday.

I think they will be more of a solid ownership proposition than a flighty billionaire, who merely buys us as a vanity project. An Arab or an Oligarch who buys like that could just as easily get bored and move on.

If the Chinese buy us as a serious long term business proposition, then that will be best all round. They have the cash to do all that is needed right now - stadium, refresh the squad, pay the debt. And they have a population that is getting richer - China will likely be the biggest economy in the world and overtake America by 2020. There will be hundreds of millions of people who could buy football kits, and who will pay to watch the games - either on tv or the internet as that all grows.

In other words, there will be huge money to be made.

This will all be good for LFC. We get what we need right now, and in the long run we get the largest fanbase in the world behind us, which in turn makes money for the owners in the long run.

I will be happy with this.

And as for the human rights thing, one can only hope that China continually makes progress in this regard, and you would have to think that increased links with the rest of the world - links that benefit China economically - will help.

Excellent post as usual, G Richards.

I don't really get the whole "everyone in China will now support Liverpool!" thing. It's an arms length investment body who are providing many of the funds to another investment company who are investing in a football team.

If it comes off it may well indeed mean we do the odd pre-season tour of China, but seriously which person supports a football team just because it's owned by a company whose owners are the same nationality as you?

I don't really get the whole "everyone in China will now support Liverpool!" thing. It's an arms length investment body who are providing many of the funds to another investment company who are investing in a football team.

If it comes off it may well indeed mean we do the odd pre-season tour of China, but seriously which person supports a football team just because it's owned by a company whose owners are the same nationality as you?

I think by and large the Chinese people support exactly who their government tells them to.

But seriously, its because their business model surely involves heavy promotion in that market and they obviously have a bit of a home advantage. In such a tightly controlled environment, ties to the government will probably be worth their weight in gold.