You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This sums up my position really, but I think the failure to secure investment was because of the unreasonable conditions and shifting target defined by H&G. This unworkable situation has since been resolved, which is why I'm confident of the clubs sale.

Without any evidence of this being the case it's merely a bedtime story made up to help you feel better about the situation I'm afraid.

Strange how you lot are more than willing to make allowances for Purslow and his failure but completely deny the same allowances for our previous manager.

I wonder how long it will be before we go through the cycle again?

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aside from that anyone who talks shit on us signing bosmans and saying we aren't spending money can fuck right off. in today's market if you can find the right player on a bosman and save some cash then you do it. all that matters is the value of the player as a footballer.

But isn't the point that a player like Cole doesn't come along on a Bosman every transfer window and we won't get lucky enough to sign a player of that quality if he does come along every window.

The Point here is that Free transfers hardly show a willlingness to invest in the club does it?

But isn't the point that a player like Cole doesn't come along on a Bosman every transfer window and we won't get lucky enough to sign a player of that quality if he does come along every window.

The Point here is that Free transfers hardly show a willlingness to invest in the club does it?

that BS. if you think that investment in the club is directly proportional to transfer sums paid then you need a rethink.

signing kids for the academy is investment in the club, how much do they cost?

i don't need us to be man city for me to think we are investing in the club and the team. investing in bosman's, if the player we sign is up to standard, is good business. i'd rather we sign joe cole then spunk 25 million pounds on a similar player if only because the risk is less that we are successful

that BS. if you think that investment in the club is directly proportional to transfer sums paid then you need a rethink.

signing kids for the academy is investment in the club, how much do they cost?

i don't need us to be man city for me to think we are investing in the club and the team. investing in bosman's, if the player we sign is up to standard, is good business. i'd rather we sign joe cole then spunk 25 million pounds on a similar player if only because the risk is less that we are successful

It isn't BS - look at the facts. If, as is expected, the Leeches sell up in the next three months or so they'll be Stuck for about a Mill. For Joe Cole. Investment is NOT merely the money put into transfers - but what other source of investent by the Leeches can you point to?

Signing Kids for the academy is a gamble, a punt on how they turn out. It costs very little indeed.

Like I said, how many times can you rely on a Joe Cole becoming available on a Bosman?

It isn't BS - look at the facts. If, as is expected, the Leeches sell up in the next three months or so they'll be Stuck for about a Mill. For Joe Cole. Investment is NOT merely the money put into transfers - but what other source of investent by the Leeches can you point to?

Signing Kids for the academy is a gamble, a punt on how they turn out. It costs very little indeed.

Like I said, how many times can you rely on a Joe Cole becoming available on a Bosman?

where are the facts exactly?

signing kids for the academy is a gamble. total agreement. signing players for 20 million pounds and massive wages is exactly the same gamble. a certain aquilani comes to mind.

whether or not bosmans are available all the time or not is irrelevant. nor did i suggest anywhere that we should only sign bosman's exclusively. and i'm sure when we see the signing on fee as well as cole's wages you'll see it was a pretty significant investment in a player.

but if you are presented with two options on players who are similar then i'd take the bosman any day as it'll most likely be the cheaper option.

if you have a budget, and every club on earth has one even city, then you maximize value of that budget and signing a bosman is one of those ways.

not that i put any credence in these studies but when is the last time a league table was shown as being a predictor of transfer fees paid?

you also neglected hiring an extremely competent academy staff. thats investment. or hiring a scouting network of savvy people to identify and value the targets, that's investment.

look this is by no means a defense of the owners, but regardless of who the owners are at any point, you get a budget number and you have to stick to it. many questioned rafa on the 17 million he paid for glen johnson. that's an enormous outlay. is that the only investment there is? super high transfer figures, massive wages etc?

what if we never spent another nickel on transfer fees? would building a new stadium be investment enough for you?

Am I the only one who is completely perplexed by AmericaScouse's posts? Who's doing the saying and who is doing the replying? One of them is on my loon list and I'm afraid after this palaver the other one is near to joining him. It's hardly like the effort to decipher them is being repaid by post gold.

Coro, I don't know what your problem is. You put me on ignore but it seems you can't help yourself.

Purslow is pointless, cunt or no cunt, shit at his job, or uber shite. If he goes we're still stuck in the same position.

I'm working with a few people on this forum to get RBS back into the forefront of our action.

I wouldn't mind if the lies, speculation and scaremongering where about someone important.

Firstly it's pretty hard to ignore a thread such as this and seeing the responses to it. You've had me and others repeating ourselves to the point beyond tedium and you're doing it again now. I don't know whether you're being devious or you're actually that stupid. Maybe you like to say things for effect and enjoy the attention that brings. Probably a case for all 3.

Purslow isn't pointless and i've pointed it out to you why he isn't but for someone reason you continue to ignore my concerns that i've shared with you. You continue to oversimplify things, harking back to Benitez and some fucking mural story that has absolutely no relevance in mine or others thinking.

Purslow is running the day to day business of this club, he is in charge on behalf of the yanks, in my opinion. We've never had any real word on who appointed him, no transparency whatsoever and you expect people to just go with that and OK it? Even when you look at his background and consider the idea that possibly his equity firm now has a stake in Liverpool football clubs debt and that's why he wields so much power at the club? Even after he tried to discredit the union and alienate them, spinning lies about transfer funds and criticising the owners? Surely we should know more about this mean before we offer so much of our trust?

What lies have people posted about Purslow? Don't tell me, the mural business. What else? People should be allowed to speculate as long as it's constructive and balanced where is the harm in that? Surely that's our responsibility as supporters to find out more about these men currently running our football club? Where's the scaremongering?

It's not about whether he is good at the role he's undertaking, it's about how and why he's in the position he's got himself into and what is his end game. The warning signs are there just like they were 3 years ago when the yanks rolled into town. The same yank who Purslow's equity firm has had business dealings with in the past. But that should be ignored according to you and we should focus solely on the banks, the same bank whose head happens to be best friends with, yes, Christian Purslow.

Just because you're only seemingly capable of thinking of one thing at a time doesn't mean others have to or should be so myopic in their thinking.

I think Purslow is here to pick the carcass of yet another LBO gone wrong. I think the club will move from one set of LBO merchants to another with Purslow the spearhead of that. That's the level of my cynicism, all things considered and with the evidence at hand.

Purslow is not right for this club, just as Tom Hicks isn't right for this club, just as George Gillett isn't right for this club, just as Martin Broughton isn't right for this club, just as Ian Ayre isn't right for this club. I've a feeling i've said that to you before.

I'm cynical as to a certain few on this forum and their obsession with certain journalists. The same few seem to be making excuses and giving the benefit of the doubt to one Christian Purslow. Maybe just coincidence, maybe not. Could just be me being far too cynical for my own good.

This thread's a mess, our support is a mess, this clubs a mess and opportunists such as Purslow are the only ones benefiting.

Shankly will be spinning.

Edited by Coro

where are the facts exactly?

Right in front of you - The Leeches will sell up. We have brought in ONLY bosmans so far. We have sold just over £19 Mill worth of players since th last window. ALL FACTS.

signing kids for the academy is a gamble. total agreement. signing players for 20 million pounds and massive wages is exactly the same gamble. a certain aquilani comes to mind.

So where's the investment?

whether or not bosmans are available all the time or not is irrelevant

Not to the Leeches - no it isn't.

i'm sure when we see the signing on fee as well as cole's wages you'll see it was a pretty significant investment in a player.

That's pure guesswork.

but if you are presented with two options on players who are similar then i'd take the bosman any day as it'll most likely be the cheaper option.

Which is why the Leeches are signing them for us.

if you have a budget, and every club on earth has one even city, then you maximize value of that budget and signing a bosman is one of those ways.

Every club on earth except us for the last two years eh?

not that i put any credence in these studies but when is the last time a league table was shown as being a predictor of transfer fees paid?

Whens the last time a team of Bosmans have won the league?

you also neglected hiring an extremely competent academy staff. thats investment. or hiring a scouting network of savvy people to identify and value the targets, that's investment.

Hows much do you actually think these people get? It's minimal in comparison to what a normal club puts into it's playing staff. Is this what you are pointig at as 'Investment'?

look this is by no means a defense of the owners,

It's certainly fooled me.

what if we never spent another nickel on transfer fees? would building a new stadium be investment enough for you?

If we could somehow get the stadium to win the Title for us then yes it would - Until then I'll keep asking for investment in the playing side of the club.

13th

13th

14th

17th

19th

My, you acclimatised really quickly.

If you're gonna be a smartarse WUM it would pay to (a) be smart (b) have the ability to be able to remember what you wrote 6 days ago.

Sorry but I'm not sure what you're getting at. I'm struggling to find something I wrote today which is contradictory to what I wrote 6 days ago. Smartarse indeed.

I've "guested" this site for a few years on and off, and I know how things work. I know the different camps and I know the main personalities. I've never felt the need to register until I was told that "rumour" last week. I believe it to be true so a) I wanted to tell people and b) Possibly be refuted, which I was. Twice. Although I still have a hunch it's true.

As I say I don't usually feel the need to post on a regular basis and I'm happy reading the forums, shaking my head to myself. But I'm on Holiday at the moment in a room with free wifi and a (REALLLY slow) laptop.

I wouldn't worry about me being a smartarse too much longer though, I'll be back in the UK in 2 weeks and I'll go back to my non-posting lifestyle.

And you can fuck off with your calling me a WUM shit- Half the shit you post is something petty, divisive and unneccessary which you claim is "just a windup" after you're pulled up on it.

I was onto him from the start as well. I reckon he's a pseudonym of a regular poster who feels braver to be more controversial with a different username.

I'd love to know who you think has a problem saying what they really feel on this forum lol.

I'd say that Norkmeister has said it as well as it has been said there.

When it comes to Hicks you have to see everything against a backdrop of Corinthians, Texas Rangers, Dallas Stars and that he is a big, fat, loudmouthed, bullshitting American cunt.

When it comes to Purslow, you have to see everything against a backdrop of him being brought in to do Hicks' bidding.

When we can't get Thatcher, some of us go after Tebbit or Keith Joseph instead. And others decide that if they can't get Thatcher, then they will vote Thatcher instead.

That's the way I see it.

He's gotten rid of Rafa and brought J.Cole here, what more do people want? Get behind him ffs.

Anyone who thinks the garden is rosey just cos we have Jovanovic and Cole must be mental

We are shopping in last chance saloon with no margin for error

These bosmin wages are the wages any top club in the prem would have to pay to any top stars signed and they would also have to pay a £20m+ transfer fee on top the fact is we dont have the £20m+ to spend on transfer fees so we get damaged goods in the fact we are getting players near the end of their shelf life with no resale value to the club that is good business if in 3 or 4 years time we have the money for replacements but the way this club is being run it doesnt look like we will have without a sale going through

We are in a sell before you buy situation this is ok if you are moving on the players around the edge of the squad such as Reire Babel etc and bringing in a star for the first team as opposed to squad players the problem would be if we are left with these players and lose first team star players (star players as players who play week in week out) such as Kuyt Masch Insua

If we lose these players then that leaves a big hole to fill before you address the problems elsewhere in the team

i would think that we would have enough Cash to bring in a LB and a striker with the sales of Insua Reire Yossie plus a few others and the cash Roy was given

there is only 1 time you can cash in like this and we are doing that now if it works Roy will be a Great in the fans eyes to go alongside Bill Bob Joe Kenny and Rafa if it doesnt it will be years before we get to compete for a top 4 place again as for Purslow he was brought in to sell the club if he hasnt done that by the next transfer window then he should be gone as he will have failed in his task and the same can be said for Broughton and Hicks and Gillet shoul lower the price to speed up the sale as i say they have 5 months more to do what they where hired to do more than enough time with what they have had already

This forums three biggest retards, Simon, Ant, and Code all are backing Purslow.

That should really be enough.

I`m so glad to hear that from someone from the USA, when did you start to follow football again?

That quote in conjunction with a) admitting not having seen Remy play and b) his comments on Cole ("nice to be linked with him, don't know if we're in for him" approximately) or c) Insua (talks are at an advanced stage, not sure if he'll go or not). He does not seem involved and has referred all questions of involvement even about targets to Purslow. I would welcome even a single quote from Roy thus far taking any responsbility himself for wanting somebody or being involved in a transfer - but there have been none forthcoming. All of the assumption being done is from people who are saying 'I assume' Roy identifies targets and Christian pursues them, despite there being no evidence to support this, or 'I assume' his statement was a clumsily worded way of saying something else, or 'I assume' he's denying interest to keep the price low.

Okay, maybe the scouts are involved, but the manager apparently hasn't been. Why not? Who has ultimate authority?

I'm tired of this argument and it's becoming semantic. People can make their own minds up but there's enough info out there even discounting the rumours to support that he is a bad egg.

IMO Roy likes to play everything cagey around transfers. To me it's kind of a throwback to the days when we found out once the deal was done which personally I like for one thing our signings can avoid Fergie at the airport. Regarding the the French lad it's very possible Roy hadn't seen him as maybe he was a target from some time back?

As for the bit in bold I disagree with that given that YOU ,for one, are assuming otherwise? BTW I think it's a given at most clubs that the manager identifies the targets and the CEO does the negotiating I for one have seen David Gill, Kenyon et al on Sky talking about buying players.

What does his nationality have to do with it? As a scando and therefore an ethnic minority on here, you should be less prejudiced.

I`m 1/4 Scottish actually, but seriously his nationality had little to do with it, but I think I read a post from him earlier that he just started to follow football a few years ago and then I find it a bit rich when he tries to talk down someone who has been involved in football for more than 30 years as a player, coach and also as a board member and by that should have a little bit more insight than himself in how things are done since I`ve been involved in every aspect of a football club.

Thats all, I could have called him a know nothing prick instead but I chose not to as thats not my way of doing things.