You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa, Mascherano and Kuyt to Inter?

PaulMcC

Football Italia - the Italian football website for English-speaking football fans

There are reports Inter could appoint Rafa Benitez within 48 hours, sparking transfer bids for Liverpool’s Javier Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt.

Benitez is now free to engage in negotiations after accepting an early termination by mutual consent with the new Anfield owners.

The Italian media are confident the Spaniard will pen a new deal with Inter within the next 48 hours, as President Massimo Moratti has given the all-clear.

“Benitez is a Coach with real personality, just what we needed after Jose Mourinho,” said Walter Samuel.

“He certainly knows how to work within a high-pressure locker room environment.”

With Rafa, the tactician is also likely to bring other stars from the Liverpool squad.

According to the Corriere dello Sport, he has requested midfielder Mascherano and forward Kuyt to reinforce the squad.

Liverpool could be tempted into accepting a double £37m offer for both players.

“Benitez will really fit in with Italian football, as he is a very tactical person who studies the games carefully,” Mascherano told the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“Will I follow him to Milan? I don’t know anything about my future yet. I can only say that I spent some wonderful years with him and his style of football suits me perfectly.”

The cash would be raised by selling Douglas Maicon to Jose Mourinho’s Real Madrid for around £25m.

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that it now then, once the season is over and you don't have the irritating evidence of his actual performances to contend with, Lucas is back to being the scapegoat.

Nope hes just not good enough. Hes not bad, but just not good enough. Its a fairly simple thing.

Haha they can have Kuyt and Lucas, masch i'd have issues with but sure if he wants to go no point in keeping in him, seems many of the South American player can be fairly mercenary but i suppose if Masch wants Champs League Footie well then thats fair enough, same goes for Stevie and Nando

I'll be glad to see the back of Mascherano. He's been looking for a way out the club since the day he arrived. Let hope there's plenty of Argentinians to keep his wife company where ever he ends up. I'll be sad to see Dirk go but it wouldn't surprise me to see Rafa make a move for him. I wonder if Rafa will be making N'gog one of his targets.

Macherano can go as long as we get top dollar. Don't they speak Italian in Italy though? Will his bird not be able to step put the door due to the fact she doesn't speak the lingo? At least he'll have Zanetti, Cambiasso, Milito and Samuel to talk to from his tower window instead of just poor little Insua.

I'm not surprised Rafa wants to take Dirk and not surprised that Dirk would want to follow Rafa, I have never seen a manager so devoted to one player before. £40m for the pair and I'd be snapping their hands off.

Mascherano was always going to leave this summer and i think he would rule hard in Italy.

Due to the pace i think Kuyts workrate will go down well there.

Cambassio and Balotelli (sp) and i might think about it.

By time the really big clubs are done picking the bones of LFC you'll be giving your right arm to have someone like Lucas. With Rafa no longer there to block the yanks from selling our best players we'll go to the wall. With no Mascherano Gerrard (if he stays) will not be able to get forward and the improving Aquilani will go into his shell once he realises there is no one to protect from midfielders determined to put him in orbit.

Macherano can go as long as we get top dollar. Don't they speak Italian in Italy though? Will his bird not be able to step put the door due to the fact she doesn't speak the lingo? At least he'll have Zanetti, Cambiasso, Milito and Samuel to talk to from his tower window instead of just poor little Insua.

Argentinian Spanish is heavily influenced by the Italian language, so the language barrier isn't a problem for his family.

Argentinian Spanish is heavily influenced by the Italian language, so the language barrier isn't a problem for his family.

I was being flippant mate, I think his excuses for wanting to leave are simply that, excuses. He sees the possibility of a big day in a sunnier climate and wants to go for it, but save us from the sob stories. He's done very well out of signing for Liverpool both from a financial point of view and from increasing his profile in the European game and we deserve better.