You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would the KOP accept Mourinho?

Mitch

Fine, do you want Mourinho here? Is that better? I only ask because ,most of the hypocritical fuckwits on here who want Rafa gone make excuse after excuse for Mourinho. If someone doesn't like Rafa's 'poloticking' I don't see how they can then turn around and say we should sign Mourinho.

I'd have him here, but its not going to happen so its moot.

And people would forgive Benitez for some of his bullshit if he were winning things. Like when he was pulling it in 05/06 after Istanbul, people forgave it then because of the CL win. Or, as RH mentioned, in the aftermath of Athens people forgave it then as we were still riding on the final wave (despite the disappointment and oft forgotten awful 06/07 PL campaign).

The fact he's pulling all this shit, having his mates link him with jobs and that fucking embarrassing contract debacle that now looks fucking stupid on the club's part, when he's got nothing to justify it is fucking bollocks.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

players like dani alves who recently said:

"In truth, it took me quite a long time to leave Sevilla. Liverpool happened early on and I didn't push to go because I had not been at Sevilla for long but later on there was interest from Chelsea, and they asked me to stay because we had a first ever Champions League campaign coming up. They promised I could go at the end of the season. Then they tried to get me to stay the following year too but I decided enough was enough. When Barcelona came in I didn't even want to listen to other clubs."

basically confirming what we all know, that we rely, and have relied on top players 'to push' to leave their clubs while making cheeky offers.

players like dani alves who recently said:

"In truth, it took me quite a long time to leave Sevilla. Liverpool happened early on and I didn't push to go because I had not been at Sevilla for long but later on there was interest from Chelsea, and they asked me to stay because we had a first ever Champions League campaign coming up. They promised I could go at the end of the season. Then they tried to get me to stay the following year too but I decided enough was enough. When Barcelona came in I didn't even want to listen to other clubs."

basically confirming what we all know, that we rely, and have relied on top players 'to push' to leave their clubs while making cheeky offers.

Deal was agreed for Alves; Benitez pulled it.

Alves is good, but if he was playing for us how much of a difference would it actually make? You've got to look at the side these players are in and not just how good they are individually, and lets face it, it's not as if he doesn't have amazing players all around him. If you were saying he'd pulled up on a Xavi transfer or something I'd be going mental, but not so much Alves, despite the fact that he fits into that side really well and helps to complete them. Would he help to complete a Liverpool side that has so many problems? And if so, how would he get the passes he'd need to do that?

You've also got to think about how well he'd adapt to the PL. Would he eventually toughen up or would he be on the floor after almost every challenge hoping that other players got booked? It's not so easy to work out how a player will adapt to a different league.

I'd have him here, but its not going to happen so its moot.

And people would forgive Benitez for some of his bullshit if he were winning things. Like when he was pulling it in 05/06 after Istanbul, people forgave it then because of the CL win. Or, as RH mentioned, in the aftermath of Athens people forgave it then as we were still riding on the final wave (despite the disappointment and oft forgotten awful 06/07 PL campaign).

The fact he's pulling all this shit, having his mates link him with jobs and that fucking embarrassing contract debacle that now looks fucking stupid on the club's part, when he's got nothing to justify it is fucking bollocks.

Or the new owners were being a bit shady about the promises they made. Rafa's no fucking idiot Ted, he picked these 2 cunts for what they were before they walked through the door and he has and continues to hold them to account, or at least tries.

Fine, do you want Mourinho here? Is that better? I only ask because ,most of the hypocritical fuckwits on here who want Rafa gone make excuse after excuse for Mourinho's behaviour. If someone doesn't like Rafa's 'poloticking' I don't see how they can then turn around and say we should sign Mourinho.

I'd say it's the same as what me and Hamstrung were talking about earlier; if people were happy with the football side of things, they wouldn't care about the other stuff.

I know plenty of Mancs who don't like Ferguson, personality wise, but professionally they love him, for obvious reasons (the cunts!)

Or the new owners were being a bit shady about the promises they made. Rafa's no fucking idiot Ted, he picked these 2 cunts for what they were before they walked through the door and he has and continues to hold them to account, or at least tries.

And then took a fucking chubby off Hicks for his new contract.

Deal was agreed for Alves; Benitez pulled it.

Yes you're right a deal was agreed. For £10m.

And then another for £12m.

Then when we agreed £15m Rafa pulled the plug.

It was amazing how many deals we had managed to agree with José María Del Nido before he eventually signed for Barca for £24m a year later.

• 6 months later...