You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would the KOP accept Mourinho?

Mitch

You're always going to win more games if you have the most expensively assembled team, it's the brand of football you should be looking at and his is no different to Rafa's. The main reason people want him is because he's a media darling, his constant self-promoting keeps his name on everybodys lips.

Doesn't this record also include that Setubal club?

EDIT: And money or not that is a fucking stunning record.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a real cunt. That stuff about the ambulance service was a disgrace. I'd be gutted if a Liverpool manager lied about normal people doing the best job they can.
Aye, just imagine if he came out after a game and lied to us about why he'd substituted one of our players drastically reducing our odds of winning that game.

Aye' date=' just imagine if he came out after a game and lied to us about why he'd substituted one of our players drastically reducing our odds of winning that game.[/quote']

Yeah. Both very much the same thing. A manager not getting into why he really subbed a player. And a man spreading lies about how long it took the ambulance service to get to a man with a fractured skull with the sole intention of discrediting them and their jobs. Sure I can barely tell the difference.

i don't just mean that Rafa has never won the league - but also i don't think he understands the importance to the fans of winning the league

his priorities always seem to lie in Europe

I think he understands the importance just think he cant do it and so the next best thing (as far as his CV is concerned) is Europe.

That for me was what the Torres gate sub was all about.

I find it staggering that those who spend most of their time ridiculing others for having no faith in the current manager, then state that they would stop going and would never get behind the next man, if he isn't to their liking.

Staggering and hypocritical in the extreme.

mourinho1201_228x182.jpg

Winner? Yes. Massive cunt? Yes.

If we sign him up, it will be a nauseating media circus from day one. There's also the cost of his contract to consider - I don't know what happened with his new contract with Inter that I was reading about the other week, but wasn't the figure 8.3m Euros per year being mentioned? I can't see Cancer and AIDS fancying that much.

Some of our greatest every players have been total cunts, but that doesn't diminish their achievements or service to the club.

In the main though, our greatest ever managers haven't.

I cannot imagine Mourinho following in the footsteps of Messrs Shankly, Paisley and Fagan.

I think he understands the importance just think he cant do it and so the next best thing (as far as his CV is concerned) is Europe.

so you agree that he hasn't built a side capable of winning the prem?

but he has had enough money and time to do so in my opinion - he has just made poor decisions

Yes we would. As somebody said before on this thread, he'd have us eating out the palm of his hands.

It's all academic though because I can't see him coming.

You are very probably right. On another point I looked at his set up for last nights game in Russia and wondered what line up we would have gone with whilst holding a 1-0 first leg lead.That was a really negative set up:whistle:

He would be like a breath of fresh air, and just what the club needs, someone who controls the media. The guy would have them eating out of his hands. The club has become the laughing stock of European football,this would not be the case with Mourinho.

What? We fail to qualify for the CL knockout stages and suddenly we're a laughing stock? How about some other respected sides in Europe, like Ajax and Juventus? Are they too laughing stocks? Or are they still respected and acknowledged as having a poor season? Wake up.

Incidentally, Mourinho has done fuck all in Europe since 04, and even with all the money Abramovich threw his way as well. Yes, Inter are through to the semi finals, but they had to face CSKA to get there. Barca will walk straight through them. Anyway, Mourinho doesn't give a shit about anything but his reputation.

And that brings me neatly to the point of the (brand new subject) thread we have here. I wouldn't want to see a manager who values himself and his own legacy above that of the club. As soon as things went a little haywire at Chelsea, "the special one" walked. He's already said he hates Italian football and he hasn't even managed two years at Inter. I wonder how their fans feel? He walked away from the winner's podium in 2004, where his Porto side defied the odds to win. Instead of celebrating with his heroic players, or at least staying on the pitch to watch them, or maybe salute the supporters, he just walked off, because he'd been lured by Chelsea and their megabucks.

But the press would like him, so yes, I'd love him here! Because that's all that matters! :wallbutt:

Jose Mourinho may be a good manager, but he wouldn't have the club at his heart. He places himself higher and that for me is unacceptable. If we can say that no player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, then the same applies to managers. Would Mourino walk away at the first sign of trouble? Would he make noises about moving on whilst still in a contract with us? If the past is anything to go by, then I think the answer to both would be yes.

This isn't a post to say "I love Rafa" but the one thing I'll say in Benitez's favour is that he loves this club. I want a manager to realise that our club is the "Special One", not the manager himself.

This isn't a post to say "I love Rafa" but the one thing I'll say in Benitez's favour is that he loves this club.

Of course he does. Just like Allardyce loves Blackburn and O'Neill loves Villa. All managers love their current club, except Mourinho apparently.

What? We fail to qualify for the CL knockout stages and suddenly we're a laughing stock? How about some other respected sides in Europe, like Ajax and Juventus? Are they too laughing stocks? Or are they still respected and acknowledged as having a poor season? Wake up.

Incidentally, Mourinho has done fuck all in Europe since 04, and even with all the money Abramovich threw his way as well. Yes, Inter are through to the semi finals, but they had to face CSKA to get there. Barca will walk straight through them. Anyway, Mourinho doesn't give a shit about anything but his reputation.

And that brings me neatly to the point of the (brand new subject) thread we have here. I wouldn't want to see a manager who values himself and his own legacy above that of the club. As soon as things went a little haywire at Chelsea, "the special one" walked. He's already said he hates Italian football and he hasn't even managed two years at Inter. I wonder how their fans feel? He walked away from the winner's podium in 2004, where his Porto side defied the odds to win. Instead of celebrating with his heroic players, or at least staying on the pitch to watch them, or maybe salute the supporters, he just walked off, because he'd been lured by Chelsea and their megabucks.

But the press would like him, so yes, I'd love him here! Because that's all that matters! :wallbutt:

Jose Mourinho may be a good manager, but he wouldn't have the club at his heart. He places himself higher and that for me is unacceptable. If we can say that no player is bigger than Liverpool Football Club, then the same applies to managers. Would Mourino walk away at the first sign of trouble? Would he make noises about moving on whilst still in a contract with us? If the past is anything to go by, then I think the answer to both would be yes.

This isn't a post to say "I love Rafa" but the one thing I'll say in Benitez's favour is that he loves this club. I want a manager to realise that our club is the "Special One", not the manager himself.

Fuck all in Europe since '04? You sure? He's reached three semi-finals and the Chelsea team he was kicked out of (he did not walk away) were losing finalists during the season he left.

Let's just assume for one second, that you are right about him valuing his own reputation above the clubs, how do you think he plans on keeping his stock high? Will he do that by failure or success? I think he's an arrogant cunt, but I won't confuse that with rubbishing his abilities.

It's ok harping back constantly to the days of Paisley and Shanks, but we sound like scum fans reminiscing about Busby during their 26 year wait.

When teams like them/us get stuck in a vicious cycle of under achievement, when the players and managers are so burdened by the weight of history and the club legends from the past, then it needs something/someone different. Someone who rises above the history and rates themselves as either better than or the equal of former legends.

Slur did it at the toilet, and Jose would do it here. Let's not kid ourselves, Shanks was a master of kidology, but if he were alive and managing Chelsea/City/Scum today, we'd hate his guts. He'd be getting called all sorts on this forum.

Fucks sake, a CL winning manager gets called a cunt on a daily basis by numerous posters, how do you think we'd all react to shanks comparing himself to Napoleon, and telling the press that he wants to build Chelsea up and up and up so everyone would have to submit, give in?

Shanks was great because he was ours, but he was far more of a rent-a-quote than Fergie or Jose.

So we can all continue to bang the drum about how special a club we are, and stick our noses in the air whilst demeaning the achievements of (currently) more successful clubs. The aura of mystique around our club is dying. We've been dragged through the mud since February 07, by the owners/Rafa/Parry/Moores/Purslow, an until someone with a big enough personality comes in a grabs us by the scruff of the neck and drags us with him, we are destined to hover where we are, or slide further behind.

Pretty soon, if the owners remain in charge, all we'll have are some of the best footie memories around and youtube clips. What happens over the next few generations will be decided in the 10yr period from 2005-2015.

Right now, I'd sell my soul and my grandmother to deliver us back to the summit, but more realistically, I'd settle for a proven winner, with a massive personality to come and drag us kicking and screaming into the modern football era.

One thing that we definitely need to change around our club, though, is the supporters obsession with the cult of "Football Manager," we do it constantly and it only makes it harder when it comes to making a change. I believe most of the vitriol that gets thrown at Rafa is because we invest too much emotionally in our managers, and it feels like we've been cheated when it turns sour.

Fuck all in Europe since '04? You sure? He's reached three semi-finals and the Chelsea team he was kicked out of (he did not walk away) were losing finalists during the season he left.

Let's just assume for one second, that you are right about him valuing his own reputation above the clubs, how do you think he plans on keeping his stock high? Will he do that by failure or success? I think he's an arrogant cunt, but I won't confuse that with rubbishing his abilities.

It's ok harping back constantly to the days of Paisley and Shanks, but we sound like scum fans reminiscing about Busby during their 26 year wait.

When teams like them/us get stuck in a vicious cycle of under achievement, when the players and managers are so burdened by the weight of history and the club legends from the past, then it needs something/someone different. Someone who rises above the history and rates themselves as either better than or the equal of former legends.

Slur did it at the toilet, and Jose would do it here. Let's not kid ourselves, Shanks was a master of kidology, but if he were alive and managing Chelsea/City/Scum today, we'd hate his guts. He'd be getting called all sorts on this forum.

Fucks sake, a CL winning manager gets called a cunt on a daily basis by numerous posters, how do you think we'd all react to shanks comparing himself to Napoleon, and telling the press that he wants to build Chelsea up and up and up so everyone would have to submit, give in?

Shanks was great because he was ours, but he was far more of a rent-a-quote than Fergie or Jose.

So we can all continue to bang the drum about how special a club we are, and stick our noses in the air whilst demeaning the achievements of (currently) more successful clubs. The aura of mystique around our club is dying. We've been dragged through the mud since February 07, by the owners/Rafa/Parry/Moores/Purslow, an until someone with a big enough personality comes in a grabs us by the scruff of the neck and drags us with him, we are destined to hover where we are, or slide further behind.

Pretty soon, if the owners remain in charge, all we'll have are some of the best footie memories around and youtube clips. What happens over the next few generations will be decided in the 10yr period from 2005-2015.

Right now, I'd sell my soul and my grandmother to deliver us back to the summit, but more realistically, I'd settle for a proven winner, with a massive personality to come and drag us kicking and screaming into the modern football era.

One thing that we definitely need to change around our club, though, is the supporters obsession with the cult of "Football Manager," we do it constantly and it only makes it harder when it comes to making a change. I believe most of the vitriol that gets thrown at Rafa is because we invest too much emotionally in our managers, and it feels like we've been cheated when it turns sour.

When he managed us no one hated his guts, why would we now. Maybe we are the worst fans in the country then.

Which Champions League winning manager gets called a cunt? Rafa or Mourinho.

If it's Rafa it's a disgrace as he's Liverpool's manager. If it's Mourinho maybe it's because he actually is a cunt. In fact why was it ok to call him a cunt when he was Chelsea manager but not now?

When he managed us no one hated his guts, why would we now. Maybe we are the worst fans in the country then.

Which Champions League winning manager gets called a cunt? Rafa or Mourinho.

If it's Rafa it's a disgrace as he's Liverpool's manager. If it's Mourinho maybe it's because he actually is a cunt. In fact why was it ok to call him a cunt when he was Chelsea manager but not now?

My point was - if Shanks wasn't ours, we'd have hated him with the way he belittled opposing teams, and ignored injured players etc. I don't think you really read/understood my point.

Rafa gets called a cunt on a daily basis - read enough posts and you'll see it. It's perfectly OK to call Jose a cunt, but it's not realistic to belittle his achievements - which was the aim of the post I replied to.

I don't think we're the worst fans, but we're certainly not the best anymore. Anfield is silent unless it's a big CL game and half the Kop prevents any kind of protesting about the ownership issue. It's like herding cats. Stoke city get their ground rocking, as did Portsmouth before they had their shit to completely demoralise them.

My point was - if Shanks wasn't ours, we'd have hated him with the way he belittled opposing teams, and ignored injured players etc. I don't think you really read/understood my point.

Rafa gets called a cunt on a daily basis - read enough posts and you'll see it. It's perfectly OK to call Jose a cunt, but it's not realistic to belittle his achievements - which was the aim of the post I replied to.

I don't think we're the worst fans, but we're certainly not the best anymore. Anfield is silent unless it's a big CL game and half the Kop prevents any kind of protesting about the ownership issue. It's like herding cats. Stoke city get their ground rocking, as did Portsmouth before they had their shit to completely demoralise them.

No I understood perfectly, Bill Shankly was never hated by any set of fans, he was incredibly popular. When he went to watch a match at Everton after he retired he was given a standing ovation by the Everton fans.

My point is if other teams supporters could like & admire Shanks then why wouldn't we be able to now?

Surely it says more about the modern supporter than it does about the former manager?

No I understood perfectly, Bill Shankly was never hated by any set of fans, he was incredibly popular. When he went to watch a match at Everton after he retired he was given a standing ovation by the Everton fans.

My point is if other teams supporters could like & admire Shanks then why wouldn't we be able to now?

Surely it says more about the modern supporter than it does about the former manager?

Times are different . There weren't any 24hr sports news channels repeating comments on a 15minute loop and creating controversy.

How do you think Everton fans would have reacted if it was Rafa who said that there are only two teams in Liverpool? and If Everton were playing at the bottom of his garden, he'd close the curtains?

That sort of is my point, we look back idealistically to Shanks, when the times were different then, other fans would hate him today for being an arrogant Whiskey-faced cunt. ("he needs to worry about his own fucking players, rather than having a go at ours").

We are the same - Shanks used any method he could to try and get an any advantage over the opposition, in many ways, Mourinho is no different. He has overstepped the mark on a few occasions, but I dare say, that if the great Shanks had a microphone following him around in the same fashion, he might have said a few things, too, in the heat of the moment.

The things you love your own manager for, are generally the reasons that other teams would hate him.

I find it staggering that those who spend most of their time ridiculing others for having no faith in the current manager, then state that they would stop going and would never get behind the next man, if he isn't to their liking.

Staggering and hypocritical in the extreme.

Has anyone said they wouldn't go?

I've seen people on here say they don't go anymore cos Benitez's football is shit, but I've never seen anyone say they wouldn't go if Mourinho came.