You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

I'd love Otmarr Hitzfeld but the board don't want someone like him.

They want a nice, quiet man.

Hitzfeld's a good shout, but I think he said he's done with club management as well.

Aye, as I posted earlier Hitzfeld has said no more club football.

I still think it'll be Kenny.

Fulham don't have world class players like we have. Hodgson didn't have access to £220 million like Rafa did.

And I'm sure you won't compare our spending to Chelsea, Utd & Arsenal then seeing as how their squads were far superior to ours in 2004.

Love it to be true mate, but it's gonna be Woy.

It is looking that way.

If it was going to be Dalglish, surely they would have done it by now?!

And I'm sure you won't compare our spending to Chelsea, Utd & Arsenal then seeing as how their squads were far superior to ours in 2004.

I would say finishing 7th was under performing, regardless of what the others spent.

When you have Reina, Johnson, Mascherano, Gerrard,, Torres etc you should be closer to challenging for the title, rather than battling for fourth (or seventh).

Guest The Chimp

All I know is that if Chelsea would have replaced Hiddink with Hodgson I'd have laughed my cock off - it's nothing personal as I know h'es very fond of the club, city and people (Liverpool), but I simply do not rate him as a top-tier manager.

If it comes about and he's appointed I'd loved to be proved wrong about him, but I simply can't see that happening and understand exacty where TK421 et al are coming from.

I would say finishing 7th was under performing, regardless of what the others spent.

When you have Reina, Johnson, Mascherano, Gerrard,, Torres etc you should be closer to challenging for the title, rather than battling for fourth (or seventh).

Of course but the point still stands. You can't on one hand say it's not fair to compare Hodgson with Benitez because Benitez inherited a stronger squad, while at the same time wanting rid of your manager because he couldn't compete with the top three all of whom had far superior squads when he arrived.

Of course but the point still stands. You can't on one hand say it's not fair to compare Hodgson with Benitez because Benitez inherited a stronger squad, while at the same time wanting rid of your manager because he couldn't compete with the top three all of whom had far superior squads when he arrived.

Benitez wasn't sacked because he couldn't compete with the top three.

He was sacked because he couldn't compete in the top six last season, amongst other reasons - such as baffling tactics etc.

He was vastly under performing and rightly went, in my opinion. But this thread is not about Rafa, it is about moving on and debating about the potential replacements.

I think Roy will do a nice safe decent job if he gets it, we’ll be steady, hard to beat and well organised. He’ll get the most of out some players through use of a solid platform and if we manage to keep Gerrard and Torres will have a chance at the top four, and probably a decent run in Europa and one of the domestic cups.

It will be if Torres or Gerrard leave and he has to try and replace either or both on a limited budget and inspire the team in the face of obvious shit ownership that may be rather difficult. Also as noted previous big money striker purchases of Kevin Davies and Andy Johnson don’t bode too well.

Guest The Chimp

7th was underperforming. I can't even see how that's open for debate. Some of our stuff was fucking appalling and no matter the lack of funds we lost to teams we should have battered simply on a player v player, manager v manager basis.

That said, keeping Benitez or getting Hodgson in as manager? Rafa all day, every day for me. We shall see, however. I've been wrong plenty before.

That said, keeping Benitez or getting Hodgson in as manager? Rafa all day, every day for me. We shall see, however. I've been wrong plenty before.

Not for me, I think we needed a change personally and I quite like Hodgson.

Although Dalglish should be the man who gets the job.

i would agree with you, except you left out the fact that torres and johnson were injured for large portions of the season and gerrard was both injured and playing injured for a large portion of it

if it was any other team we'd be saying how unlucky they had been.

its precisely our lack of depth that cost us this season and that's down to both the owners not making any money available, and rafa making some curious buys to say the least.

i would agree with you, except you left out the fact that torres and johnson were injured for large portions of the season and gerrard was both injured and playing injured for a large portion of it

if it was any other team we'd be saying how unlucky they had been.

its precisely our lack of depth that cost us this season and that's down to both the owners not making any money available, and rafa making some curious buys to say the least.

But this thread is not about Rafa, it is about moving on and debating about the potential replacements.

Then don't make hypocritical statements.

I didn't start chatting about Rafa.

If people want to debate whether he should or shouldn't have gone - start a thread on it. But lets not take over this thread.

There is only one reaon them yank and chelski lovin twats will give hodgson the job,they now it will push all our decent players away.Kenny comes and and the likes of Gerrard and Torres maybe masch stay,hodgson comes in the clubs showing no ambition and they leave,and no doubt boughton the twat he is will try and sort a torres to chelsea deal with the yanks pocketing the money meaning they will ahve longer to flog the club

its gonna be another long season

Thing is with Kenny, if he came in would he be happy to just step aside IF new owners come in ?

Hypothetical I know but worth considering.

Im not sure he would see.

If things are going well when new owners come in why should he step aside anyway? doesn't make sense..