You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Memo to Dirk, he did a shite 5th place finish with the underacheiving Inter side that contain Ronaldo, Zamorano and those world class players.

He's fucking shite and no misty eyed bollocks about Fulham finishing 12, playing shite away footy and a UEFA cup run will change that fact.

If Roy Hodgson is appointed manager I'm not even going to bother watching to footy until we get new owners and maybe a few new fans.

Hey Code, had you even heard of Xabi Alonso before Rafa signed him, can you point to any posts you made on any forum about him before Rafa brought him to LFC if you had?

No

Well kuff the shut up then, he had the chance to stay, he left cos he thought because Rafa tried to sell him, if it was me in his boots, I'd rather cut my cock off than leave LFC willingly, he had a chance to stay fuck him. Twat of a great player that he is.

As for Juan, tut tut. Really you think this 68 years old mans with ahn owl's head is going to suddenly become a world beater and turn us into overnight league challengers?

Diplomatic immunity

He could not even give me a parking ticket

It's just been revoked.

Oh well Fergie loves him to death.

You lot can turn your back on Kenny but I'll turn my back on the game before I do that

To think of all the funerals he attended, how much it affected him and people back Roy Hodgson over him when he says he wants the job back. It makes me sick TBH. Sorry. That's how I feel.

I'll be finished with LFC as soon as this is made, I just hope they'd fucking hurry up and put me out my misery.

Memo to Dirk, he did a shite 5th place finish with the underacheiving Inter side that contain Ronaldo, Zamorano and those world class players.

He's fucking shite and no misty eyed bollocks about Fulham finishing 12, playing shite away footy and a UEFA cup run will change that fact.

If Roy Hodgson is appointed manager I'm not even going to bother watching to footy until we get new owners and maybe a few new fans.

Hey Code, had you even heard of Xabi Alonso before Rafa signed him, can you point to any posts you made on any forum about him before Rafa brought him to LFC if you had?

No

Well kuff the shut up then, he had the chance to stay, he left cos he thought because Rafa tried to sell him, if it was me in his boots, I'd rather cut my cock off than leave LFC willingly, he had a chance to stay fuck him. Twat of a great player that he is.

As for Juan, tut tut. Really you think this 68 years old mans with ahn owl's head is going to suddenly become a world beater and turn us into overnight league challengers?

Diplomatic immunity

It's just been revoked.

You lot can turn your back on Kenny but I'll turn my back on the game before I do that

To think of all the funerals he attended, how much it affected him and people back Roy Hodgson over him when he says he wants the job back. It makes me sick TBH. Sorry. That's how I feel.

I'll be finished with LFC as soon as this is made, I just hope they'd fucking hurry up and put me out my misery.

That has to be post of the month so far. Brilliant, although tinged with a little sadness as well.

That has to be post of the month so far. Brilliant, although tinged with a little sadness as well.

Brilliant my arse.

He is going to stop supporting Liverpool if we appoint Hodgson... Well he can fuck off then!

Yes, I would say.

They have not had the funds Spurs, Sunderland, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Villa, Arsenal, West HAm - even Birmingham have had.

Neither have we....

With five games to go, and relegation still possible, Tigana was sacked, and Chris Coleman was temporarily put in charge. Fulham won 10 points from a possible 15 and managed to avoid relegation.

Coleman was given the manager's job on a permanent basis in the summer of 2003 and despite predictions that the inexperience of Coleman would result in Fulham's relegation,[20] he kept the club well clear of relegation, guiding them to a club record ninth place finish in his debut season.

Sounds rather like Roy's record when he took over...didn't work out so well in the end.

In fairness, he started resting players for Europe from about March onwards so I think that partly explains the drop in League positions.

It was kind of like us in 04/05, when the Champions League looked on the cards, the League took a backseat and you saw that with the team selections around that time.

Ok, may explain part of it. But this possible appointment still has "average" written all over it. He plays defensive football - one of the things that annoyed a lot of people about Rafa.. The thing most regularly said about what he brings to the job is that he wont complain. I think we know it would spell the end of Torres and probably Gerrard. I hate everything going on with our club right now, and the chance to bring about a bit of light to it by appointing a manager we could get excited about (Kenny fits the bill for that) is just going to be such a downer when it doesn't happen, especially when we appoint someone that we would have balked at at any other time in our history post Shanks. This appointment is being made by the owners.

However, when Hodgson gets the job I'll back him 100%. It's not his fault that he will become the poster boy for our clubs slip into the average. But the fans will be split and we really could have done without that. I think it'll be a short term thing as he will be moved on when new owners arrive.

I've thought since last summer that we were on a very sharp angled slippery slope into oblivion. And this summer is the speedy continuation of that.

By black and white you mean facts don't you. As opposed to feelings.

No, not at all. Circumstances play a part, getting Fulham to a European final is pretty miraculous by anybody's standards and one of the reasons (if not the main) for the drop in their League position was the fact that they rested players when it looked like they had a shot in Europe.

It's like us in 04/05 when the European Cup was on the cards. We started resting players for the Champions League and you could see that that affected our League form greatly in the run in. Ok, we were pretty inconsistent anyway that year, but if we were out of Europe, we probably would have finished fourth as we'd have had our strongest team out week in week out. Christ, I remember coming back from a 1-0 defeat at Selhurst Park that season when we had Darren Potter and John Welsh playing with Mauricio Pellegrino doing his best snail impression in the heart of defence. Sometimes your priorities change during a season and you can see that when you judge a campaign as a whole, not just take one part of it and dismiss it without taking into account the factors surrounding it.

This isn't a slight on you, mate, far from it, but I've noticed some people on this sight have a habit of unfairly butchering manager's CVs just to suit their own agenda, rather than give them credit where credit's due. It happened with Hiddink when he looked to be a candidate to replace Rafa earlier on this year. To be honest, I don't think it's fair really.

If you don't want Hodgson in then that's fair enough, but it's churlish not to recognise that taking Fulham, of all clubs, to a European final is a pretty fine achievement.

Roy is a born loser but at least Mclaren has now actually won something, a manager that can win trophies is a must.

Worth remembering that our four most successful managers had won nothing when they took the job. Not that I think for a moment that Roy is in that bracket.

Brilliant my arse.

He is going to stop supporting Liverpool if we appoint Hodgson... Well he can fuck off then!

Yeah I have made reference to that earlier on about people fucking the game off if Hodgson is appointed. Ridiculous.

It was an entertaining post then, apart from that as you mentioned and the line about ''you lot turning your back on Kenny''. Didin't know what he meant by that.

No

Diplomatic immunity

It's just been revoked.

Fucking A class.

Brilliant.

Fucking owl's head.

Ok, may explain part of it. But this possible appointment still has "average" written all over it. He plays defensive football - one of the things that annoyed a lot of people about Rafa.. The thing most regularly said about what he brings to the job is that he wont complain. I think we know it would spell the end of Torres and probably Gerrard. I hate everything going on with our club right now, and the chance to bring about a bit of light to it by appointing a manager we could get excited about (Kenny fits the bill for that) is just going to be such a downer when it doesn't happen, especially when we appoint someone that we would have balked at at any other time in our history post Shanks. This appointment is being made by the owners.

However, when Hodgson gets the job I'll back him 100%. It's not his fault that he will become the poster boy for our clubs slip into the average. But the fans will be split and we really could have done without that. I think it'll be a short term thing as he will be moved on when new owners arrive.

I've thought since last summer that we were on a very sharp angled slippery slope into oblivion. And this summer is the speedy continuation of that.

That's fair enough, mate.

Given a choice between him and the King, I'd take Kenny all day long. I don't think Hodgson's the best man for the job, but nor do I think he's the worst. If he came in, he'd rely on my support.

Yes, I would say.

They have not had the funds Spurs, Sunderland, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Villa, Arsenal, West HAm - even Birmingham have had.

What about almost (Until they sacked him to make it stop) getting Blackburn relegated, the same team that won the league a few seasons before after a 6th place finish?

Where do you stand on that?

How about I got and list his sgnings that did it, Martin Dahlin, Egil Ostenstad, Kevin Davies, Nathan Blake, want me to stop yet or had enough, theres a lot more mate if you wnat to take it but I think you've had enough for one night, Sleep tight.

"Blackburn Rovers were the big shock. Barclays Premier League champions just four seasons ago, many were expecting them to be title contenders. But they never got close to that. With just three victories by November, manager Roy Hodgson was sacked."

Worth remembering that our four most successful managers had won nothing when they took the job. Not that I think for a moment that Roy is in that bracket.

You said it yourself at the end there.

As those who negged me and have told me to give Roy a chance, well there is absolutely no chance of me doing that.

Probably have to find another sport to watch

Tiddlewinks world championships are on is September

Brilliant my arse.

When Kenny wants the job, yes but it's strictly until we get new owners, I want to be clear about that, unless they are more cornflaking eating weetabix spoon leveraging sockcookers who refer to us as a franchise

Then I'll just throw the towel in and fuck off for a very long time.

It may surprise you but in the time Roy has been at fulham he's spent more than we have.

Fulham don't have world class players like we have. Hodgson didn't have access to £220 million like Rafa did.

OK they might have spent more the last couple of years, but it doesn't mean they should finish above us or any of the other sides. They have being punching above their weight.

Regarding Fulhams transfer he has pretty much improved their side by breaking even. Big signings Johnson and Zamora being cancelled out by Smalling and Bullard.

Not bad in two years, spending fuck all and taking the club from near relegation to 7th in the Premiership the next season and then the final of the Europa Cup.

Fulham Transfers

2010 January Transfer Window (Manager: Roy Hodgson)

IN: None

OUT: Eddie Johnson (Aris, loan), David Stockdale (Plymouth, loan), Chris Smalling (Manchester United, £10m - to join at the end of the season), Diomansy Kamara (Celtic, loan)

2009 Summer Transfer Window (Manager: Roy Hodgson)

IN: Jonathan Greening (West Brom, loan), Damien Duff (Newcastle, £4m), Bjorn Helge Riise (Lillestrom, £1.5m), Stephen Kelly (Birmingham, undisclosed), Kagisho Dikgacoi (Golden Arrows, undisclosed), David Elm (Kalmar, undisclosed)

OUT: Leon Andreasen (Hannover 96, undisclosed), Collins John (KSV Roeselare, free), Adrian Leijer (Melbourne Victory, free), Hameur Bouazza (Sivasspor), Moritz Volz (released)

2009 January Transfer Window (Manager: Roy Hodgson)

In: Giles Barnes (Loan, Derby County), Olivier Dacourt (Loan, Inter Milan), Julian Gray (Permanent Deal, Coventry)

Out: T.J. Moncur (Free, Wycombe), Hameur Bouazza (Loan, Birmingham), Seol Ki-Hyeon (Loan, Al-Hilal), Jimmy Bullard (£5m, Hull City), Leon Andreasen (Loan, Hannover 96), Andranik Teymourian (Loan, Barnsley), Adrian Leijer (Loan, Norwich)

2008 Summer Transfer Window (Manager: Roy Hodgson)

In: Andy Johnson (£10m, Everton), Bobby Zamora (£6m, West Ham United), Fredrik Stoor (£2m, Rosenborg), David Stockdale (£600,000, Stockdale), John Pantsil (£500,000 West Ham United), Dickson Etuhu (Undisclosed, Sunderland), Mark Schwarzer (Free, Middlesbrough), Zolton Gera (Free, West Bromwich), Andranik Teymourian (Free, Bolton), Tony Kallio (Free, BSC Young Boys), Pascal Zuberbuhler (Free, Neuchatel Xamax), Julian Gray (Loan, Coventry)

Out: David Healy (Undisclosed, Sunderland), Steven Davis (Undisclosed, Rangers), Dejan Stefanovic (Undisclosed, Norwich), Jari Litmanen (Free, FC Lahti), Collins John (Free, NEC Nijmegen), Brian McBride (Free, Chicago Fire), Tony Warner (Free, Hull City), Carlos Bocanegra (Free, Rennes), Bjorn Runstrom (Free, Odense BK), Phillipe Christanval (Released), Alexei Smertin (Released), Simon Elliott (Released), Ian Pearce (Released), Elliot Omozusi (Loan, Norwich), Lee Cook (Loan, QPR), Hameur Bouazza (Loan, Charlton), Eddie Johnson (Loan, Cardiff City), Moritz Volz (Loan, Ipswich), Gabriel Zakuani (Loan, Peterborough), Kasey Keller (Retired), Antti Niemi (Retired)

sky sports news had some fat gimp eating a burger on a while ago sayin klinsman with kenny behind him would be a great partnership, i almost fucked my cup of tea at the tv. seriously how do these people form these opininons or do sky pay the spastics to wind us all up by spouting such crap. oh and apparently the blonde diving kraut's odds have come in from 20/1 to 10/1 fucking scary

When Kenny wants the job, yes but it's strictly until we get new owners, I want to be clear about that, unless they are more cornflaking eating weetabix spoon leveraging sockcookers who refer to us as a franchise

Then I'll just throw the towel in and fuck off for a very long time.

Well why wait so long they have been here for ages, telling lies and milking us dry.

It seems you are leaving because you aren't happy with Hodgson as you have had numerous times to leave because of the owners.