You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

It does suggest that Hodgson is not a target! Why wait otherwise, waiting makes no sense.

And lets be honest, we have a gutless, witless shower of populist shitwits running the club, who more than likely view these type of websites for their 'information', other than the odd weirdo, there are not that many who want Roy, in fact quite a few are dead set against, you would have to have the listening skills of Marley Maitlen to ignore the complaints against Roy, nice bloke and all.

Somethings fishy! And I'm not talking about the contents of Baldricks apple crumble!

Questions questions..... are you saying anything below 4th then is unacceptable?? If no, then stop wittering. If yes.......

1) Would you have sacked Paisley when he finished 5th?

2) Would you have sacked Shankly when Watford knocked us out of the cup or when he refused to speak to players because they were injured?

3) Do you think it weird that United didn't sack SAF earlier this year when they got knocked out of the FA Cup at home by a team two leagues below them?

4) If Hodgson (or whoever) is appointed and we go out of the cup early and finish lower than 4th, are you going to go on a personal tirade against the Manager and demand his sacking?

5) Do you think in your lifetime you will see this club of ours..... in 2 Champions League Finals (one being possibly the greatest night ever), winning away at Real Madrid, Barcelona & Inter, scoring 4 at home v Madrid, winning away at Old Trafford ever again and scoring 4, beating Chelsea, even giving Chelsea, United & Arsenal a game, taking the Champions League for granted, having a centre forward so good you can't believe it, having players good enough to earn transfer fees to clear debts bigger than your head can comprehend, have more players at the World Cup than any other English Club..... I could go on. All achievements under Rafa in his 6 years here...... 6 years......not one season?

You see, there are many who are happy that Rafa has gone and many who aren't. Personally I think those who are happy really can't see the bigger picture, yes they talk of the owners being the problem and know that problem is still there.......but they also believe, really believe, that we are better off now than we were 2 weeks ago.

We aren't. You know we aren't. Everybody knows we aren't. What has sacking Rafa achieved? Its split the fanbase for one thing. But for me, we are in a position where we are looking at Roy Hodgson as our Manager when, and you'll deny it, you would have told me to piss off if I had suggested the same same change last summer. Rafa has gone to the all conquering Inter, what fools for appointing such a terrible Manager. You're sporting a semi on us getting the Manager who paid £7m for Kevin Davies and nearly took Blackburn down on the back of it and.......bought Kevin Davies again.

Think on what you are saying today.......it'll come back to haunt you..... Lets bounce and sing-along "Kevin Davies is Liverpool's number 9"

1) Good post

2) Starts to bounce . . .

Benitez deserved to go no question about it, don't want Hodgson appointed but rather him than Rafa stay on, we lacked depth because he saw fit to replace better players with shite ones, and now Everton have got a squad almost as strong as us before anyone mentions the budget , probably stronger if you take Carragher and Gerrard out of our team, how much did they cost? Rafa has left a mess behind.

Don't know which is saddest, the fact you are saying that or the fact you actually believe it.

Rafa has left the mess???? GTF.

"he saw fit to replace better players with shite ones"...... he saw fit did he? so he sold Alonso - on the promise incidentally that he would get that money to spend. Go back to the press conference when we signed Johnson "we have the funds to buy another player" that was before Alonso went. Alonso goes for £30m (tripled the value of a player you had never heard of) and the owners then tell him..... you can replace him and we know Madrid have paid up front but a) you have to find somebody paid for on the drip and b) if you can get somebody from a team who owes us money that would be great, help cash-flow you see.... so who in the whole of World football could we buy? go on, name one player we could have bought who would have come here.....go on, one.

"Everton have a squad almost as strong as us"...... do they? Ok, so which of their players would you take over ours? Arteta maybe. The real embarrassing thing is that they will sell Pienaar with a year on his contract for £12m whilst we'll sell Benayoun with 3 years left for £6m.... that is one area where Everton are streets ahead of Liverpool. If Everton had had Arbeloa they'd have got £12m out of Madrid not £2m.

"Rafa has left a mess behind".... he has but its not his mess. And some of our "fans" think Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes, SGE or Dalglish will clear it up. Give me one fucking reason why any of those people will be able to see Mascherano leave, Torres leave, and with £12m to replace them.... (on the drip... and if we could get a replacement from Moscow it would help cash-flow as they've not paid for Voronin yet)..... and take us back to a title challenge. One reason.

Sacking Rafa was laughably bad, one of the stupidest fucked up things this club has done. Beaten only by Moores & Parry selling to those two. We paid £6m for our Manager to go to the European Champions. WE PAID. WE PAID. Read it again, WE PAID to give our Manager to the European Champions.... and people come on here saying Benitez deserved to go. Are you Christian Purslow?

This Summer....

We will have paid another team to take our Manager, who has us in a position where we think we have a God given right to not only be in the Champions League, but win the bloody thing too;

We will lose our best players to pay down somebody else's debt;

We'll appoint a replacement who will be so bewildered that Liverpool FC are even considering them for the job they'll bite our hands off;

We'll pay 7% more for having the pleasure of meeting somebody else's costs;

We'll be able to attract players of the calibre of Kevin Davies to replace Fernando Torres - and have the ignomony of being pleased he doesn't celebrate scoring against us for fucking Chelsea;

We'll still be reading posts from retards who think its all the Manager's fault;

We'll have the Winter to look forward too when the same retards post on here that Dalglish/Hodgson/Hughes is a bastard for replacing Torres with Davies and what a dickhead he is, get him sacked now, he deserves to go;

We'll see us get humiliated in our opening game v Arsenal;

And knowing all that, some people gather up the energy to type away that Rafa has left us in a mess :wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

Rant over

Don't know which is saddest, the fact you are saying that or the fact you actually believe it.

Rafa has left the mess???? GTF.

"he saw fit to replace better players with shite ones"...... he saw fit did he? so he sold Alonso - on the promise incidentally that he would get that money to spend. Go back to the press conference when we signed Johnson "we have the funds to buy another player" that was before Alonso went. Alonso goes for £30m (tripled the value of a player you had never heard of) and the owners then tell him..... you can replace him and we know Madrid have paid up front but a) you have to find somebody paid for on the drip and b) if you can get somebody from a team who owes us money that would be great, help cash-flow you see.... so who in the whole of World football could we buy? go on, name one player we could have bought who would have come here.....go on, one.

"Everton have a squad almost as strong as us"...... do they? Ok, so which of their players would you take over ours? Arteta maybe. The real embarrassing thing is that they will sell Pienaar with a year on his contract for £12m whilst we'll sell Benayoun with 3 years left for £6m.... that is one area where Everton are streets ahead of Liverpool. If Everton had had Arbeloa they'd have got £12m out of Madrid not £2m.

"Rafa has left a mess behind".... he has but its not his mess. And some of our "fans" think Roy Hodgson, Mark Hughes, SGE or Dalglish will clear it up. Give me one fucking reason why any of those people will be able to see Mascherano leave, Torres leave, and with £12m to replace them.... (on the drip... and if we could get a replacement from Moscow it would help cash-flow as they've not paid for Voronin yet)..... and take us back to a title challenge. One reason.

Sacking Rafa was laughably bad, one of the stupidest fucked up things this club has done. Beaten only by Moores & Parry selling to those two. We paid £6m for our Manager to go to the European Champions. WE PAID. WE PAID. Read it again, WE PAID to give our Manager to the European Champions.... and people come on here saying Benitez deserved to go. Are you Christian Purslow?

This Summer....

We will have paid another team to take our Manager, who has us in a position where we think we have a God given right to not only be in the Champions League, but win the bloody thing too;

We will lose our best players to pay down somebody else's debt;

We'll appoint a replacement who will be so bewildered that Liverpool FC are even considering them for the job they'll bite our hands off;

We'll pay 7% more for having the pleasure of meeting somebody else's costs;

We'll be able to attract players of the calibre of Kevin Davies to replace Fernando Torres - and have the ignomony of being pleased he doesn't celebrate scoring against us for fucking Chelsea;

We'll still be reading posts from retards who think its all the Manager's fault;

We'll have the Winter to look forward too when the same retards post on here that Dalglish/Hodgson/Hughes is a bastard for replacing Torres with Davies and what a dickhead he is, get him sacked now, he deserves to go;

We'll see us get humiliated in our opening game v Arsenal;

And knowing all that, some people gather up the energy to type away that Rafa has left us in a mess :wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt::wallbutt:

Rant over

Good post but your wall butt is all you'll get on here.Its a pity the majority on here didn't have the same agenda against the owners like they had against Rafa.

=Juan Galonso;2308905

Before I sign off when does the managers performance with what he has built over six years actually become an issue then? No matter what alleged handicaps he may or may not have had it doesn't excuse the shocking shite we seen last season. One of the best managers in Europe, as you say, shouldn't be finishing 7th and going out the CL in the easiest group we ever had and going out of the FA Cup to relegation threatened Championship sides should he?

When it's clear that what was built over the six years was vastly different to what the plan started out as - it's silly to try and ridicule Benitez over his full tenure, He won the European Cup, he got back to another European Cup final, won the FA Cup, improved the points total every year up to the last one. What surprises me is that people can't (or won't) see that the silly buys and tactics all started after the Leeches took control. When you plan to have an International centre forward as back up for the worlds best centre forward you plan for success - when you end up with David N'Gog as the back up to the worlds best centre forward you set yourself up to have to make some strange tactical decisions and even stranger performances.

If Hodgson suffers similar fate next season I expect you to still be supporting him then as he will be more handicapped than the previous manager was and isn't as you say as good as one of the best managers in Europe?

If Hodgson becomes our manager (and I don't think he will) I will be unbelievably disapointed in how far our club has fallen, how low the expectation has gone, at how poor a message we are sending out to our previous rivals and to every footballer in the world who wants to win trophies and championships.

I'll sing his name till I get the "match day headache", I'll toast him in the pub after every match win lose or draw, I'll defend his tactical anomolies, his apparently stupid buys and his rants to the press or anyone else (and they will come, even to him, with the Leeches in charge).

I'll constantly be disapointed in what could have been though. Constantly.

His underperformance in EVERY competition last season is nothing to do with the owners, tactics away from home signing a 20m crock and a luxury right back and the shite negative performances. For his performance alone last season he deserved to be sacked. Never mind anything else.

I disagree 100% with that, the underperformances were in my eyes directly down to the politics, double dealing and lies coming from the owners. Footballers are human and they can't help but be affected by this sort of stuff. When a bunch of players are told they will be playing with Torres and Villa (for example) up front and they end up with David N'Gog, they will be pissed off. When they lose a player like Alonso and end up with an Aquillani (because if the purchase is not made the money simply gets passed to RBS and we end up with Jay Spearing trying to control the midfield in premiership games) that sort of stuff is DIRECTLY attributable to the Leeches.

Heard from a credible source currently covering world cup that Sven has been sounded out by someone representing Liverpool [no idea who] about taking over once World Cup ends. He also thinks Hodgson is not a target. MAke of it what you will.

Just out of interest, who is your credible source?

Give us a clue. Please.

Questions questions..... are you saying anything below 4th then is unacceptable?? If no, then stop wittering. If yes.......

1) Would you have sacked Paisley when he finished 5th?

2) Would you have sacked Shankly when Watford knocked us out of the cup or when he refused to speak to players because they were injured?

3) Do you think it weird that United didn't sack SAF earlier this year when they got knocked out of the FA Cup at home by a team two leagues below them?

4) If Hodgson (or whoever) is appointed and we go out of the cup early and finish lower than 4th, are you going to go on a personal tirade against the Manager and demand his sacking?

5) Do you think in your lifetime you will see this club of ours..... in 2 Champions League Finals (one being possibly the greatest night ever), winning away at Real Madrid, Barcelona & Inter, scoring 4 at home v Madrid, winning away at Old Trafford ever again and scoring 4, beating Chelsea, even giving Chelsea, United & Arsenal a game, taking the Champions League for granted, having a centre forward so good you can't believe it, having players good enough to earn transfer fees to clear debts bigger than your head can comprehend, have more players at the World Cup than any other English Club..... I could go on. All achievements under Rafa in his 6 years here...... 6 years......not one season?

That's bollocks.

1) We also won the European Cup that season

2) It's not about 1 cup defeat. Other than the first two seasons under Benitez our performance in the domestic cups under him has been dreadful

3) Why would it be weird? That was a one off result

4) Can't speak for anyone else, but again, people lost faith in Benitez over 2 or 3 seasons. Not just one bad year.

5) Wibble.

That's bollocks.

1) We also won the European Cup that season

2) It's not about 1 cup defeat. Other than the first two seasons under Benitez our performance in the domestic cups under him has been dreadful

3) Why would it be weird? That was a one off result

4) Can't speak for anyone else, but again, people lost faith in Benitez over 2 or 3 seasons. Not just one bad year.

5) Wibble.

Pffft. Well you for one certainly know your bollocks.

So one off games are ok to judge Benitez pn - outof the cup to Reading but not others - no agenda there then.

People lost faith over 2 or 3 seasons. That there, right there, is fucking big lie.

Wibble indeed.

So one off games are ok to judge Benitez pn - outof the cup to Reading but not others - no agenda there then.

People lost faith over 2 or 3 seasons. That there, right there, is fucking big lie.

Wibble indeed.

If anyone lost faith in 2008-2009 then I worry about them certainly

This time last year I had no doubt that we were going to win the league, the cup was overflowing with faith

I think you will find it is indeed the case. Even the season we supposedly challenged for the title we were for the most part gash. Of course there were high points but a great number of lows.

Wibble indeed.

Who's judging Benitez on a one (two, technically seeing as they took us to a replay...) off game to Reading?

It's not a lie. Go back to the 2007/08 season, a lot of people, including myself, were questioning him. Ditto the 08/09 season. And even in 06/07, despite getting to the Champions League final it was a pretty poor season domestically.

Who's judging Benitez on a one (two, technically seeing as they took us to a replay...) off game to Reading?

It's not a lie. Go back to the 2007/08 season, a lot of people, including myself, were questioning him. Ditto the 08/09 season. And even in 06/07, despite getting to the Champions League final it was a pretty poor season domestically.

Can't wait for your insightful take on the coming season then.

Exactly. Best points total since when? and people saying they were losing faith.

What do you win for best points total. Fuck all thats what.

We should have walked the league that year but Rafa preferred to mouth of at Ferguson then play 2 holding midfielders at home against shit. Not for the first or the last time.

We should have walked the league that year but Rafa preferred to mouth of at Ferguson then play 2 holding midfielders at home against shit. Not for the first or the last time.

You know what, you're right.

We should walk the league every year, its a piece of piss. Now Rafa has gone we will deffo win it next season.

You know what, you're right.

We should walk the league every year, its a piece of piss. Now Rafa has gone we will deffo win it next season.

We should have won it that season but in my opinion Rfa threw it away by being too cautious. You obviously have a different view but you are wrong.

Why would you lose faith when there was such an obvious improvement both in the football being played and the ability to grind out results