You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sunderland at home

Kevin D

Anger at the day and time to one side, I'd like to see Aquilani and Babel in the XI and Insua not. Start quickly, press them high up the pitch and let the Gerrard & Torres combination take its course. Never easy beating a Steve Bruce side, but this time its personal:

--------------------------Pepe------------------------------------------

-----------Skrtel--------------Carra----------------------Agger

--------------------------Mascherano----------------------------

------------------------------Aquilani---------------------------------

-----Maxi--------------------Gerrard------------------------Babel-------

------------------Kuyt-------------- Torres-----------------------------

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure playing 3 at the back is a good idea, especially as they have Jones flicking them on and Bent banging them in. Can't expect Carra to take care of them both in the centre on his own, and Mascherano and Aquilani will be obsolete with Big Head going for a long ball game.

Guest PurpleNose

Reina

Johnson Carragher Agger Insua

Mascherano

Gerrard Aquilani Pacheco Maxi

Torres

I'm well aware the team will look nothing like this.

I see it didn't take long for that infamous tag to appear...

Let's start with the team that beat Pompey. Aquilani and Babel in for Kuyt and Lucas and we'll demolish them. I guarantee if we start with Lucas and Kuyt the match will be a war of attrition and we'd probably barely scrape a win.

Got to be the same team as against Portsmouth for me. It needed to be that team against the mancs really, because we needed to win, and that eleven that destroyed Portsmouth in six minutes looked more dangerous than any of the sides Benitez has put out this season. Once again we'll have to tolerate Insua though. We badly, badly need a left back of higher quality in the summer.

We should win this one. I know that that fat headed fucker Bruce always cranks his sides up to go all out against us, but aside from the odd player we're far superior than them and having Babel, Maxi and Aquilani supporting Torres with Gerrard sitting in the middle controlling the tempo we should have too much for them.

What's the betting that their fans (who don't seem to be a bad bunch, to be fair. Well at least the away ones) bring a load of beach balls?

-----------------------------Reina--------------------------------

Johnson--------Carragher--------------Agger------------Aurelio (Is he fit?)

---------------------------Mascherano----------------------------

Babel------------Aquilani----------------Gerrard-----------Benayoun

-----------------------------Torres---------------------------------

Guest davelfc

The clocks go forward one hour this weekend, so don't forget. You don't want to miss the first half. (someone tell the players please)

Guest Pistonbroke

I'm sure he'll have the Benfica game in the back of his mind as will certain players. A lot of fans may not be thrilled by the Europa league but managers and players alike want to win trophies.

I can see us taking the lead and then sitting back and making things hard for ourselves. Sunderland won't be no push over as Bruce always has his teams up for it against us.

We should win as the players and Benitez must realise that we can't afford any more slip ups with Spurs so far ahead. Hopefully we'll twat them.

Skyrtel still injured but Aqualini is back in the frame.

0-0 first half then a moan for the whole of half time for me! I can see it now. I'm doing my own head in thinking about it.

UNLESS, Rafa suprises the world and sets out to attack. I can't see it though because it's Steve Bruce isn't it? For all his meticulous planning Rafa seems to always get had-off by Bruce.

Guest davelfc
The tea from those burger vans is of nuclear heat .You could leave half of it by the van and it would still be piping hot after the game .

I likes my tea hot, plus it's only 60p and saves me paying any more cash to the owners for the expensive piss they claim is tea in the ground.

(when you're paying £10 to park every little helps)