You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: In or out?

The Chief

Rafa, stay or go?  

302 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa, stay or go?

• I want him to stay.
    • I want him out.
    • I think we should give him to the end of the season.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best man for the club, we're going through a dodgy patch and some work needs done to fix it is all. Regarding the "ludicrous" 5 year contract the 'anti-rafa mong' Brownie mentioned, I'm glad he got it as it makes it a difficult decision to sack him, it's all too common for boards to bow under the pressure and appoint a new man at the first sign of trouble.

Sorry. I meant to quote this

:whistle:

I voted for "give him time..." option but I'm not sure... I love our club, and I want all the best for Liverpool but I'm just not so sure that Rafa is the man to give us the 19th BUT as far as he's the manager he's got my full support, same as every player wearing the red shirt. Even Philipp fucking Degen ;)

Head, stats, maths and grim mood atm is one of the roads. Heart is another, not always THE right and best way, but it is, and always has been The Liverpool Way. And we're Liverpool.

I've not read the 7 pages of posts so sorry if this has already been mentioned but this talk about Benitez going is not only ludicrous but it also has a negative effect on the team. You've got to put our position in perspective - if we get rid off Benitez how many top class managers are going to want to manage a team who have owners who are cunts, a transfer budget of £1 million, the club covered in debt and expected to win the league every season. The answer is NONE! We should be happy that Benitez is still with us after the shit he suffered from the owners when they wanted to replace him with Klinsman. Don't forget he took us to inches within the league last season and now people want his head. In my opinion this is an example of fans being fickle. I can understand that people are frustrated with this season, as am I, but with what Benitez has had to cope with i did not expect anything more - and that is a sad example of what our owners have reduced the club to!

We should be happy that Benitez is still with us after the shit he suffered from the owners when they wanted to replace him with Klinsman.

Rafa was instructing his media pals to publish stories about Real Madrid at the time. He himself publicly told the press that he had received several offers. In those circumstances any club would be making contingency plans.

Rafa was instructing his media pals to publish stories about Real Madrid at the time. He himself publicly told the press that he had received several offers. In those circumstances any club would be making contingency plans.

Klinsman though - not the top class manager like Benitez is!

give him til the end of the season... then get rid if we haven't won the league.

Only one other manager in the last 60 years has had 5 years top flight football with LFC without winning the league. I don't see why he should get 6.

get a grip lad, last season was our best effort in 20 years,

a new manager would set us back 5 years and that's with money.

come on lads backs to the wall, lets smash the mancs, 3 in a row eh.

What always suprises me, most say Rafa is a world class manager but then have serious doubts if he is the right man to manage Liverpool see (Bobby Robson syndrome at Newcastle).

So if a world class manager who has an excellent track record isnt sufficent I really struggle to see how we can justify replacing Rafa. He seems to be truly respected by his peers and those who work within football hence him been sought after by several top clubs. I have no doubts at all if he was to leave Liverpool for whatever reason he will go on to win many top trophys within football even quite close to home maybe at City even

In terms of manmanagment he seems to treat the players like men similar to Capello who lets be honest is treated like God within the media at present. Even if that was the issue hasnt he tried to find the balance by bringing Sammy Lee in. However I accept there is a growing discontment amongst fans and I guess we the fans we will play a part as the season progresses. For me we have the right man he makes mistakes and makes decisons I don't understand, I guess thats my ignorance and not his though.

That´s 49 too many. But it shows that we are no gloryhunting wankers...

yeah they're glory hunters for having a different opinion. Cretin.

May be news to you but there's a lot of regular match goers who aren't convinced by Rafa. Does their opinion mean more than others? No but in no way should it be ridiculed either.

Go on then, tell me who would do a better job with the current incumbents and the pathetic budget our current manger is expected to work with?

Mourinho. The pathetic budget? that old chestnut. Keep making the excuses. Just look at the quality of the players we have. We have no more than 15 who are capable of playing in the Premiership at the required standard. A sad state of affairs after £225m being spent on players since he arrived. Several of those he's booted out are better than the current first team squad. We are going nowhere with Rafa in charge. He's had time, he's had money. His excuses are running out.