Quantcast
What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast? - Page 275 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
ISeeRed

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

Beans with a full English?  

199 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

I sent the daughter down to the butchers this morning to get me some food and made this. She's maybe gone the wrong butcher though as it's not my normal sausages and the bacon did a bit of shrinking and the black pud was alright, but again not my normal. For some reason I didn't feel like beans today.

2 eggs, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 black pudding, 3 Ulster fry and a fried slice. 

IMG_20190713_104121.jpg

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

2 bacon and 1 Cumberland ring. It was enough sausage. In fact I didn't eat again all day, so it was enough everything. That's marmalade in the pot, I had that on one of the slices of toast at the end.  

That was the reason I there. Not that I'm involved, but have lots of mates from a kid who grew up in it. Not sure why we bother to go to Southport, a few of the lads it's the one day of the year we still meet for a pint, but we never leave the pub and could be anywhere. But it's always a great day for me catching up with the lads, some of which I've known for more than 40 years and with everything that's happened over the last year with me (I wasn't well enough to go last year), it made it a bit more special yesterday. 

Have you been in that cafe with the Inspiral Carpets stuff on the wall?

2 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

I sent the daughter down to the butchers this morning to get me some food and made this. She's maybe gone the wrong butcher though as it's not my normal sausages and the bacon did a bit of shrinking and the black pud was alright, but again not my normal. For some reason I didn't feel like beans today.

2 eggs, 3 sausage, 3 bacon, 2 black pudding, 3 Ulster fry and a fried slice. 

IMG_20190713_104121.jpg

That looks great. Would happily pay £10 for that.

Anyone tried Guinness Sausages yet?

Picked them up a couple months ago, have been defrosting overnight and about to get stuck in to some. 

2 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Yeah, but you’d pay over the odds for a shit on a stick.

I've come up with a formula for this.  

(Normalpersonprice x 2) - 3 = aRdja price

1 hour ago, Juniper said:

Anyone tried Guinness Sausages yet?

Picked them up a couple months ago, have been defrosting overnight and about to get stuck in to some. 

Not bad, most pork and ale sausages are better though. 

58 minutes ago, Mudface said:

What's the 'Ulster fry' stuff there? Fried spam or something?

It's that kind of thing, not quite the same as spam but I assume made out of the same shite - it's tasty though! You can get it in butchers all over Liverpool, I don't think I've ever seen it outside Liverpool. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, viRdjil said:

That looks great. Would happily pay £10 for that.

The ingredients were £12 but I've still got 3 quarters of it left in the fridge for a family fry tomorrow before heading off with the little one to Bradford for the match! A fry up 3 days running, that has to be some type of personal record.  

17 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Cheers, I'm down at my mum's next week, so I'll see if I can get hold of some.

Just been looking at their website. Looks like they have a factory shop in Bootle and they have some white pudding there too. I always struggle to get white pudding, in fact not seen it for years in Liverpool. I might head there myself in the next few week. 

2 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

The ingredients were £12 but I've still got 3 quarters of it left in the fridge for a family fry tomorrow before heading off with the little one to Bradford for the march! A fry up 3 days running, that has to be some type of personal record.  

You should be getting fruit and veg down you for fuck sake Barry! 

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

You should be getting fruit and veg down you for fuck sake Barry! 

Yeah, you're not wrong! Although one of the surprises I've had the last year is they don't give a shit what you're eating as long as you're getting the calories in. I'm sure they prefer the fruit and veg path, but nearly all the advice I've had is eat what you enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

Expecting 10s all around for this...

IMG_20190724_193214.thumb.jpg.dc58bf8b9840cd18960a0dbaf0daccaa.jpg

Cheese toasties, stacked with veggie sausage patties, eggs and portobello mushrooms. Thin layer of brown sauce underneath the patties.

Greatness on a plate.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

4 minutes ago, Six Buoys said:

Expecting 10s all around for this...

IMG_20190724_193214.thumb.jpg.dc58bf8b9840cd18960a0dbaf0daccaa.jpg

Cheese toasties, stacked with veggie sausage patties, eggs and portobello mushrooms. Thin layer of brown sauce underneath the patties.

Greatness on a plate.

10’s of posts calling it fucking shite.

• Upvote 1

Half way through and feel I may have overstated the greatness. The toastie hits you with nausea before you even get to the second helping.