You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

3 minutes ago, cloggypop said:

Manc sites must be really shit if they are trawling breakfast threads on here. 

The sister fingering blert is that thick he thinks he's on RAWK. 

Mate, you’d struggle to find a better Full English Breakfast review thread anywhere I reckon. Especially with instant feedback from (self-proclaimed) experts.

Well I've hit the jackpot this morning. Unfortunately it was in Southport, but it was worth the visit and I'll be back for breakfast. 

Where: Lords Cafe Bar, Lord Street Southport. 

Cost: £7.75 for the "Big Platter Breakfast". Extra : hash browns @ 85p

In terms of quality, everything on the plate was good quality food and cooked perfectly. I'm struggling with what to complain about... And about the best I can come up with is there was only white pepper and no black and I do love my black pepper. Maybe they could make their own hash browns rather than frozen, but they were really nice as it was. I am picking as I don't want to give a 10/10. Where is there to go from there?   9.5/10

IMG_20190712_100237.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, Barry Wom said:

Well I've hit the jackpot this morning. Unfortunately it was in Southport, but it was worth the visit and I'll be back for breakfast. 

In terms of quality, everything on the plate was good quality food and cooked perfectly. I'm struggling with what to complain about... And about the best I can come up with is there was only white pepper and no black and I do love my black pepper. Maybe they could make their own hash browns rather than frozen, but they were really nice as it was. I am picking as I don't want to give a 10/10. Where is there to go from there?   9.5/10

IMG_20190712_100237.jpg

Looks great Barry. How many rashers of bacon and how many sausages did you get? What’s that yellow sauce?

Just now, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Looks a little dry to me.

Oh, oh, looks a "little" dry does it?  You don't think, perhaps, that the moisture is contained within the food and that something is lost in translation between the camera lens and reality?   That the butter and eggs will up the moisture content once the eating begins in earnest?  Noooooooooo, Babb's says it looks a bit dry. 

Guest Pistonbroke
2 minutes ago, TK421 said:

I detect a spirally roll thing going on.

Ah, a sausage coil. Kids love them on a BBQ, plus the chances of your sausage falling through the grill onto the hot coals is reduced greatly. 

Sausage coils with pan-fried potatoes

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Oh, oh, looks a "little" dry does it?  You don't think, perhaps, that the moisture is contained within the food and that something is lost in translation between the camera lens and reality?   That the butter and eggs will up the moisture content once the eating begins in earnest?  Noooooooooo, Babb's says it looks a bit dry. 

Typical bullying behaviour. The kiwis were right about you.

*runs crying out the room

Bacon - underdone

Eggs -- splash the fat!!!

Black Pud -- stuck between two frozen hash browns -- the shame

Toast -- comes with its own handle apparently

No mushrooms - minus

Half a mater -- minus

What is that -- chutney?

No keys, no conker.

They do get plus marks for not even bothering to put the beans in a ramekin. Just measure them out and throw directly into the bin, rinse, repeat.

I give it a 7 based purely on the price/value.

3 hours ago, Barry Wom said:

IMG_20190712_100237.jpg

Nah too much wrong with it. 

In southport on the 12th of July eh? 

Guest Pistonbroke
1 hour ago, TheHowieLama said:

Eggs -- splash the fat!!!

I do this so you get a film over the top of the yolk, then turn over and fry further for about 10 seconds top. You then get a nice runny egg that is fried properly instead of slop. 

On 12/07/2019 at 10:36, viRdjil said:

Looks great Barry. How many rashers of bacon and how many sausages did you get? What’s that yellow sauce?

2 bacon and 1 Cumberland ring. It was enough sausage. In fact I didn't eat again all day, so it was enough everything. That's marmalade in the pot, I had that on one of the slices of toast at the end.  

20 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Nah too much wrong with it. 

In southport on the 12th of July eh? 

That was the reason I there. Not that I'm involved, but have lots of mates from a kid who grew up in it. Not sure why we bother to go to Southport, a few of the lads it's the one day of the year we still meet for a pint, but we never leave the pub and could be anywhere. But it's always a great day for me catching up with the lads, some of which I've known for more than 40 years and with everything that's happened over the last year with me (I wasn't well enough to go last year), it made it a bit more special yesterday. 

• Upvote 4