You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite interesting this, and potentially a master stroke from sneaky George, if there's anything in it of course.

He gets a good price for 50%, which is difficult for Hicks to refuse due to his financial predicament. They sell the Saudis 25% each.

George could then sell his other 25% to the Saudis. There'll be no restrcition on that after the first 50% has been done. So he then gets to:-

Sell out and make a good profit.

Fuck Hicks, by leaving him with 25% and no power left at the club.

I expect Hicks will now squirm like fuck to avoid selling any of his stake, because he knows if he relinquishes 25%, the chances are he'll get fucked.

Quite interesting this, and potentially a master stroke from sneaky George, if there's anything in it of course.

He gets a good price for 50%, which is difficult for Hicks to refuse due to his financial predicament. They sell the Saudis 25% each.

George could then sell his other 25% to the Saudis. There'll be no restrcition on that after the first 50% has been done. So he then gets to:-

Sell out and make a good profit.

Fuck Hicks, by leaving him with 25% and no power left at the club.

I expect Hicks will now squirm like fuck to avoid selling any of his stake, because he knows if he relinquishes 25%, the chances are he'll get fucked.

This just confirms what we always knew that Gillette of the two is a bigger cunt (and that's saying something..) Hicks is basically a dumb ass Texan and forgets to engage brain before he opens his mouth, while Gillette is more of a snidy little fucking weasel... he's tried to play the good cop, but his interest is the same as Hicks, milking the cash cow that is Liverpool FC.

Fucking Moores you cunt.

If they did reliquish 25% each, to all intents and purposes it's over for them. The new investor would take a majority shareholding in pretty short order. That would hopefully expedite the stadium build, after which the share price will increase, making Hicks and Gillett further margin on their remaining stake.

Gillett will not sell 50% of the club unless Hicks allows him to which is highly unlikely.

what do you make of this post from RAWK copied from TIA?

This is what our friend SMTM has to say on TIA:

Right guys & gals,

I have spoken with a contact inside Merrill this morning & have been told this.

George Gillett is trying to sell his shares lock, stock & barrel. George Gillett has apparently been in discussions with Prince Faisal for the last four months. While Gillett was flirting with Prince Faisal, Tom Hicks was flirting with Majid Saif Al Ghurair.

What is still unclear & is probably the most important issue of all is – Is George Gillett still restrained in what he can do with regards to his 50% of the club? The people I have spoken with say he has more freedom to do what he chooses, but there are still restrictions present. For instance – if Gillett wants to sell he can, but he has to offer his shares to Tom Hicks for the price he would be getting from Prince Faisal.

So basically if Prince Faisal offers Gillett 350M for his 50% of the club – Gillett has got to offer that 50% of the club to Hicks for the same 350M.

That’s where all this gets messy. I asked the question to this chap at Merrill; what is the likelihood of Tom Hicks being able to buy up George Gillett’s shares for the price Prince Faisal offers & he categorically said “none mate.”

He said that Hicks does want out, but as ever for the right price, but Hicks’ doesn’t see 350M as a fair price for his 50%. He wants more. It was suggested to me he wants 50M-75M more to let go of his shares & that comes from people who are working for Hicks.

Hicks’ people are aware Prince Faisal is offering Gillett bucket loads of sweeteners in a different venture altogether – introducing NASCAR to the Middle East.

You also have to bear in mind - 350M won't be the price both men get real terms in the bank because the debt levels will be negotiated into the price. But a seriously big profit will be made by both men.

So as things look stand it looks this way to me.

George Gillett is very close to, if he has not already agreed a fee to sell to this Prince Faisal.

Tom Hicks is not happy, but it seems unless he can raise the same amount Prince Faisal offers, he has no choice but to accept Gillett’s sale to the Prince Faisal. (Also, if by any miracle Tom Hicks could raise the money Prince Faisal is offering, do expect Prince Faisal to up the offer until it is impossible for Hicks to match it.)

At the same time Hicks is still speaking with Majid Saif Al Ghurair about the possibility of relinquishing a percent of his shares, but the outstanding bit of news is he planned to do that along side George Gillett. My friend told me that Hicks had been in regular contact with George Gillett about the Majid Saif Al Ghurair plan & he thought it was a goer – unaware, as we all were Gillett was all along speaking to Prince Faisal.

So as things stand Tom Hicks’ plan that would see both Hicks & Gillett give up a percentage of shares to Majid Saif Al Ghurair is dead in the water. It could only have been done if both men had agreed.

Where does that leave Tom Hicks?

Well, he still has his half of the club at the end of the day. But by all accounts Prince Faisal is an aggressive mother fricker & he will do all he can to firstly, try & make Tom Hicks sell up & if he can’t do that I was told that things could turn into an Arsenal-esque situation.

I happen to think Tom Hicks will sell, but it will mean Prince Faisal has to pay more than what he is offering George Gillett because it makes no sense to me Prince Faisal coming in if he is in exactly the same situation as Hicks & Gillett currently are.

But as always time is the key & as I’ve said umpteen times before – things cannot go on indefinitely, but it does now seem a real possibility that our new owner will be Prince Faisal.

How long it takes for him to gain complete control is another question altogether.

The smart money would be on this all being done very quickly.

Hicks would snap their hand off if he managed to get £350m for his 50% share of the club.

Considering they accepted a bid in the region of £450-500m for 100% of the club from a consortium in Kuwait i very much doubt Tom would refuse such a high bid for his stake.

Gillett needs to offer Hicks i think its 2% of his share as part of the veto to Hicks therefore leaving him 48% to sell and Hicks the majority owner.

If Gillett was able to sell 50% then he would have done so previously to Dubai with whom he had rumoured to have agreed a fee with.

These prices are a staggering inditement of the incredible ineptitude of not only Moores & Parry but also DIC.

Despite it being a leveraged asset months traded before the biggest financial crises in 80 years, our price has since soared.

If it wasn't our club, it would have funny laughing at Moores..

2007 - Sold for £220m with no real commerical or marketing deals in place

2008 - DIC offer £400m

2009 - First of many big deals to come - £80m shirt sponsorship deal signed

2009 - Club rumoured to be selling for in the region of £600m+

Whatever you think of the Yanks, you've got to hand it to them from a purely business point of view.. At some stage whether it is now or in a years time, they are probably going to walk away with £100m+ each without having invested a single mother fucking penny from their own pockets.

They knew Moores was cut from the same cloth as them, greed mother fuckers, hence why they were all able to do a deal in the first place.