You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Saudi Investor buy 25% liverpool stock

Redzawi

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is that for any real emirate investment to come into the club, certain people on both sides would have to swallow their pride.
Andy if there was enough money in it G+H would swallow each others spunk.

It's in relation to Gillett's sports interests as a whole

Something else is going on though, and I think our new MD is the key

A change of stance Andy ?

Indian Billionaire story from Tony Barrett

George Gillett explores billionaire’s interest in Liverpool investment | Premier League - Times Online

An Indian billionaire is the latest wealthy individual to express an interest in investing in Liverpool.

Representatives of the unidentified man, who made his fortune in the energy industry, held talks with George Gillett Jr, the Liverpool co-owner, at a dinner meeting held at the Cipriani restaurant in Mayfair, Central London, on Sunday.

Gillett is following up the initial findings of Rothschild, the investment bank that he set the task of finding potential stakeholders in Liverpool. The American bought the club with Tom Hicks, his co-owner and compatriot, in February 2007.

Rafael Benítez, the Liverpool manager, dismissed fears that speculation about the club and their ownership could be a distraction to his team as they look to build on a run of six successive victories. “I spoke to George after the game against Hull on Saturday and all we talked about was football,” he said on the eve of tonight’s Champions League group E match away to Fiorentina. “I was relaxed because we had won.”

Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah al-Saud, a member of the Saudi Arabian Royal Family who claimed he is ready to make an offer of up to £350 million for a 50 per cent stake in Liverpool at the weekend, has confirmed that a deal has been done with the Merseyside club that will lead to the opening of two academies, one in Saudi Arabia and the other in North Africa.

The agreement signed by Gillett and Prince Faisal on behalf of the F6 group he chairs will also extend the interests of the American’s Nascar franchise.

“The memorandum of understanding with the George Gillett group will establish an exclusive partnership between F6 group, Liverpool FC and Richard Petty Motorsports team,” an F6 statement read. “His Highness Prince Faisal stated that the partnership with George Gillett’s group will be a good addition to F6. This partnership will provide a lot of investments in football, racing and sports media in Saudi Arabia and the Middle East.”

Gillett is in Italy for Liverpool’s match against Fiorentina and has refused to speak on the record about his plans for the Anfield club or the possibility of incoming investment.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Andy if there was enough money in it G+H would swallow each others spunk.

I wasn't talking about Hicks and Gillett' date=' more Hicks and a few influential people in the Middle East who share a mutual "disrespect"

Even if Hicks would do business [b']and[/b] the money was right he'd have to do something conciliatory to get them around the table

A change of stance Andy ?

Personally no, but you can only go off what people who know better tell you.

Hi ..

today , the prince had an interview with Alarabiya TV but unfortunately , I was not in the home

but I found what he said in Alarabiya site

If the interview comes again , I'll record and upload it on YouTube

أخبار رياضية | Ùيصل بن Ùهد: اقتربنا من امتلاك ليÙربول.. وهزازي مدعو لإنكلترا

Translation :

Dubai - Arabic. Net

President CEO of investment F6 sports, Prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah, the arrival of negotiations seeking to acquire a large proportion of the shares of the English club Liverpool at an advanced stage, hinting at the possibility the deal during the next few months.

According to Faisal bin Fahd, in his meeting with the "in goal," provided by a fellow Sagittarius, Batal, and aired by "Arab" at dawn on Tuesday 29/9/2009 that the negotiations with the owners of the club before the English started about 4 months, "features will be reflected dramatically after a visit by a delegation comprising Both George Gillett - one of the owners of the club - and the Executive Director of the Liverpool to Saudi Arabia between 12-19 of October next, it is assumed that the delegation will meet with the President of the Saudi football, Prince Sultan bin Fahd, and will make some sports facilities, Saudi Arabia, " , before making a final decision about the acquisition which is expected to have the F6 then in the range between 25% -50% of the shares of the club.

The Saudi press has picked up a few days ago F6 intention to buy 50% stake in Liverpool to Premier League English Premier League, announcing the signing of Faisal bin Fahd investment contracts with the owners of the club after attending the match which brought the "Reds" Bhal City in the league.

On the other hand, by Faisal bin Fahd for the "in goal," his desire to develop the relationship with Liverpool, so that the programs include sports cooperation and the transfer of players to the Saudis, among the "Reds" Knaif Hazazi and Abdul Rahman Al Qahtani, "who sent them the invitation to attend the game Hull City and apologized for their association with Ondihma, "pointing out that my name Ittihad striker and midfielder agreement put forward during the talk about the possibility of professionalism in the Saudis," Bremarleg. "

Battal guest also stressed his intention to bow to the development of mathematical relationships between England and the Middle East through the acquisition of shares of the club, which is the most successful clubs in English at various levels, he attached special importance to establishing a number of sports academies in Saudi Arabia, North Africa, including to ensure "the exchange of experiences and create a lot of job opportunities, and refine the young talent through professional guidance early. "

And about how much a company's ability F6 young people to afford to buy club shares as the price of more than 900 million U.S. states, Faisal Bin Fahad stressed that his company would cooperate with the global banks and investment firms many sports to complete the deal, "that these parties represent the company and is working to manage their money" .

In his closing remarks for the "in goal," through the guest expressed his optimism to complete the deal successfully in the near future despite the failure of Emirati and Kuwaiti investors to persuade owners to sell Liverpool a few months ago, saying at the same time F6 "sections will address other global clubs when they fail to acquire Liverpool ".

Bit cynical but it's strange how all these investment rumours suddenly spark up after the massive p.r operation in regards to the new sponshorship contract. Everyone knows that the club is up for sale at the right price but I'm guessing our good old custodians (more actively George it seems) seem to be refreshing the taste buds of all those potential investors out there, it's good exposire for the Prince and anyone linked with us looking for a bit of quick publicity but also serves to remind any serious investors out there that we are still in essence up for sale. That's all this is so far to me, whether it leads on to anything else more serious we will see.

And also as someone said above it's embarassing, the way the clubs being whored around the globe like this, thanks DM.

Pretty much summerised in 142 words!

The only logical reason a company would announce to the world that it is willing to pay more than something is worth and more than a potential seller has asked for is it knows damn well it isn't going to make a real offer in private but wants the world to think it could afford it if it wanted it.

The way this company is running its mouth off and playing fast and loose with LFC information does not bode well. Possibly it hopes that if it kicks up enough noise it might galvanise some others in Saudi Arabia to pony up the cash - and that would be a coup for this relatively small investment company. But I would not let such a company invest my cash. I hate the idea of such loud mouths being involved with LFC.

I think the investment will come from elsewhere - different parts of the world or even different parties in Saudi Arabia.