You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

fowler9

Would seem he won't be coming back to me as if we were going to loan him out it'd make more sense to loan him out to a championship club. That way he can continue living in England and play in much more physical league.

Obviously the standard is far higher in La Liga but it's a totally different style on and off the pitch.

he is a far better player than Ayala.

Won the u19 championships, called up to the u21's.

Very good for the reserves, although dipped a bit last season along with everybody.

The lad is a very good player who needs to be playing first team football to keep progressing. This loan is a very good idea

Evidenced by what?

A decent pre-season?

On having seem them play in the reserves this season and last.

He is just as slow as San Jose and was out muscled/jumped by aguerro against Madrid, hardly rock solid.

I'll not judge an 18-19 year old lad on his Anfield debut for the first team performance against 80m pounds worth of strikers. BTW He did a damn sight better against those two than did Puyol and Pique last season.

San Jose was one of the best players in the reserve team that won the league, starting most games alongside Big Ron. Ayala played about twice.

Last season again Ayala played about 5 if not less games for the reserves, while San Jose was first choice alongside Huth and then Antwi.

The games that Ayala played were mostly as a substitute too.

Not saying he is not a bad player, just dont know why people seem to be rating him so highly, ahead of San Jose after a handful of games at reserve football, and an average pre season. Bandwagon springs to mind

San Jose was one of the best players in the reserve team that won the league, starting most games alongside Big Ron. Ayala played about twice.

Last season again Ayala played about 5 if not less games for the reserves, while San Jose was first choice alongside Huth and then Antwi.

The games that Ayala played were mostly as a substitute too.

Not saying he is not a bad player, just dont know why people seem to be rating him so highly, ahead of San Jose after a handful of games at reserve football, and an average pre season. Bandwagon springs to mind

Ayala bandwagon? Really? There have been 2-3 posters who've said he's OK. The only Ayala bandwagon I've seen is the one that says he's crap because of the Youth cup final performances.

BTW He's already played 4 games for the reserves this season!

Ayala bandwagon? Really? There have been 2-3 posters who've said he's OK. The only Ayala bandwagon I've seen is the one that says he's crap because of the Youth cup final performances.

BTW He's already played 4 games for the reserves this season!

4 games in preseason.

I guess thats progression, as he has played just over that amount in the last 2 seasons combined.

4 games in preseason.

I guess thats progression, as he has played just over that amount in the last 2 seasons combined.

Plus all the youth cup games. And as you say there were older players ahead of him in the queue for game time. It seems pretty clear him and Mavinga are first choice this year.

Anyway each to their own.

• 3 months later...