You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Amsterdam hotels - help

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Me and miss T are off to the dam in a few weeks, but im struggling to find a decent hotel that has tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

We are going for 4 nights and will only go as high (see what i did there) as £400.

Any recommendations?

Me and miss T are off to the dam in a few weeks, but im struggling to find a decent hotel that has tea/coffee making facilities in the room.

We are going for 4 nights and will only go as high (see what i did there) as £400.

Any recommendations?

Seriously, your mate and mine, Woo stayed in (and this is real) a hotel Called Flying Pig in Amsterdam. He should be able to recommend.

Amsterdam Hostels – Book on-line with the Flying Pig youth hostels Amsterdam

LanguageImage.ashx?ImageId=1476

EDIT: Its a youth hostel, rather than a hotel i.e. shit.

Sorry.

Any recommendations?

Go for the Victoria hotel - perfect location and does the job (clean, bar, food etc....)

Victoria Hotel Amsterdam Netherlands

Good work guys, the missus has now informed me she has a travel kettle :wallbutt: so i can easily find somewhere cheap now. It seems the majority of hotels dont offer tea/coffee in your room, personally i dont care much for hot beverages in my room as there are loads of coffee shops about:whistle:

place I use is called Die Port van Cleve. Its about 2 minutes from Dam Square and is well in that budget. You owuldnt need to lug the travel kettle either.

I stayed in Hotel Prinsen when I went. Located inbetween the main square thing and the park. Was satisfactory. No tea making facilities though, bring a travel kettle or something

Nice hotels there guys, will check them out later when i get home. Repped.

• 1 month later...

stayed in die port van cleve (thanks sparta7)

hotel.jpg

spotted the flying pig in the middle of town.

flyingpig.jpg

the general lee.

dukesofhazardcar.jpg

amsterdam builders.

wankerslot.jpg

nice biscuits.

negrobiscuits.jpg

I stayed in Hotel Prinsen when I went. Located inbetween the main square thing and the park. Was satisfactory. No tea making facilities though, bring a travel kettle or something

Any recommendations?

Can I come with you ? I will sleep in the bathtub .

The one I mentioned above was reasonably cheap, not sure what it'll be like short notice though. From 85Euro a night

I always stay (veteran of 10 trips to the dam) at THE FRISCO INN - LOCATED IN THE HEART OF AMSTERDAM. Very reasonably priced, brilliant location (close to Central station, Dam Square, the red light district), great staff who understand why you're there, cracking bar (loads of Scousers who are resident in Amsterdam use it) and they do the best English breakfast I've found in Amsterdam. You can't miss it as it right next to The Grasshopper which is the first big coffee shop you see when walking down Damrak after coming out of Central station.

I was surprised that most of the city is a cinch to navigate. I picked up 4 different maps, one of them was really helpful and easiily legible. It even showed the little side-streets/alleys with their respective names.

It's just blocks and if you are situated in a hotel on a main road then it becomes so much easier to get around.

My advice would be that if you don't have a decent map, then just count the amount of canal's you have crossed.

Red light district is fabulous, great to watch the little japanese guys ogle the big-titted blondes.

Coffee-shops are great, wish they would sell beer though. But still they sell the strongest cheese i have ever smoked.

Beer/Pubs, 3.5 euro was the cheapest i found at the London Bridge pub on the damrak road, most pubs sell at 5 euro a pint of heineken.

Heinekien is fucking superb to drink.

Food, you can get a decent meal for a minimum of 9 euros

City Tax 6.87 euro...bastard