You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Could be problems at valencia

bobhorse

Tomorrow seems to be D-Day for Valencia and will have a big bearing on whether they can keep hold of Silva and Villa.

Dispite the noises that have come out of Valencia about Villa Staying and there being no need to sell their best players now it seems that not all is well with the new rescue package that was meant to rescue the club and if they rule against the Club's rescue deal things might take a sudden turn for the worst

Google Translate

Whatever about Silva, it's all gone pretty quiet on Villa. Would have thought Barce or Real would have secured him by now.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Chelsea make a play for him, now that City have taken every other striker off the market.

I realise that. It's been very quiet on him this lately though, considering the money flying around and his obvious quality. I assume he'll stay in Spain.

I personally don't think he is a target as it would mean a massive change in dynamics of the team, and I don't think he would like to play second fiddle to Nando, and is too good to have as a back up striker. I think Villa will stay at Valencia personally as I don't think anyone will pay the huge amount Valencia will want for him.

I realise that. It's been very quiet on him this lately though, considering the money flying around and his obvious quality. I assume he'll stay in Spain.

He's got nowhere to go now has he. Barca have Ibrawhatever and Madrid have Benzema. His latest interviews in the spanish press have been of the "I never said I wanted to leave Valencia" variety. So reading between the lines...

He's got nowhere to go now has he. Barca have Ibrawhatever and Madrid have Benzema. His latest interviews in the spanish press have been of the "I never said I wanted to leave Valencia" variety. So reading between the lines...

Have they really? I haven't seen confirmation of that deal (admittedly I've not looked at a paper in the last few days!)

Guardiola was urging Eto'o to accept the deal earlier.

No surprises there, it's the second year he's tried to get shot. There was an interview and they asked him why he wanted rid of Eto'o? He said because of a "feeling", they said yes but what reason, Trouble in the dressing room? No. Under performance? No. What reason? A feeling.

Odd.

It's all quite amusing really. They low balled him a new contract. So he refused to take any of their calls and is now taking his own good time in hooking up with Inter. All the while Guardiola is spitting blood at La Porta for not getting the new signings in yet. And Eto'o strings out talks with Inter another day.

Class.

Yep Gillett sold his hockey apparently has 200m US burning a hole in his pocket!

No he hasn't - much of it was accounted for by other debts before he even has to address the issue of the RBS/Wachovia sureties for refinancing (they want cash upfront - no letters of credit etc). The Canadian papers say the sale won't be finalised until sometime in August anyway.

Meanwhile, Tom Hicks is having a garage sale as no-one seems to want his teams or remaining companies, having dissolved HSG...a gang of creditors and investment bankers wielding pitchforks and torches were last seen scouring downtown Houston for him...he currently owes and has defaulted upon almost $600m worth of debt in the USA alone.

I would have liked to see Liverpool sign Silva and at the start of the summer it looked extremely likely, but now I can't see him joining us this summer especially as he would probably cost in the 20mil region and that is far too much money for us to be spending after signing Johnson for 17mil, unless of course we sold xabi alonso for 35mil but that too is a deal in doubt of happening now so I guess it is all up in the air really.

No he hasn't - much of it was accounted for by other debts before he even has to address the issue of the RBS/Wachovia sureties for refinancing (they want cash upfront - no letters of credit etc). The Canadian papers say the sale won't be finalised until sometime in August anyway.

Meanwhile, Tom Hicks is having a garage sale as no-one seems to want his teams or remaining companies, having dissolved HSG...a gang of creditors and investment bankers wielding pitchforks and torches were last seen scouring downtown Houston for him...he currently owes and has defaulted upon almost $600m worth of debt in the USA alone.

Only going by what I read over here.

Only going by what I read over here.

The media just as per usual could see Gillett getting some cash and just link it with Liverpool as its lazy journolism and might shift a few papers.

The reality is that Gillett has a Nascar business that needs investment and has various car dealerhips across America that are desperate for an injection of cash.

Hicks sold a rodeo business not long since but other then that is struggling to sell anything.

He recently defaulted once more on his loan in America but as they keep saying 'that is seperate from Liverpool'.

The media just as per usual could see Gillett getting some cash and just link it with Liverpool as its lazy journolism and might shift a few papers.

It was an american mag that didn't even mention us. It just said he was going through some portfolio re-planning, had sold for 250m and had 200m net to reinvest across his portfolio. There was no spin, they were just filling a couple of column inches.

The reality is that Gillett has a Nascar business that needs investment and has various car dealerhips across America that are desperate for an injection of cash.

Well without knowing what the captial requirements are for us, it's difficult to know if that's material or not.

Hicks sold a rodeo business not long since but other then that is struggling to sell anything.

He recently defaulted once more on his loan in America but as they keep saying 'that is separate from Liverpool'.

Well to be fair it is separate from us.

Hicks/Gillett may be fucking snakes, but they aren't retarded. They have their assets in seperate holdings that limit their liability.

Those business have debts, then they can only be seized from within their specific holding company.

Even if Hicks defaulted on everything and lost all his business ventures bar Liverpool, it wouldn't effect Liverpool directly at all.

It would only limit Hicks' overall worth and ability to invest in Liverpool.

Both Hicks and Gillett have gone 'bankrupt' before and total investment cowboys. That, seriously, doesn't bode well for Liverpool, because with their history, when the 'going gets tough' they let the business go into administration and walk away to start over with some other business.