You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Membership

The_Goat

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've joined as next year will likely be my only chance to see a match or two (will be in Liverpool from mid-September through the end of the season). What's my best chance of getting a ticket--online? walk-up? postal?

Also what's the best way to go about getting into an away match? (Obviously I have no fan card or anything to get among the traveling Kop.) I'll be in London the weekend of the Fulham match and I've wanted to see the Cottage anyway. I'm fully prepared to sit among the home fans and keep my mouth shut, just need to know what channels I should look to go through.

Also what's the best way to go about getting into an away match? (Obviously I have no fan card or anything to get among the traveling Kop.) I'll be in London the weekend of the Fulham match and I've wanted to see the Cottage anyway. I'm fully prepared to sit among the home fans and keep my mouth shut, just need to know what channels I should look to go through.

There are always tickets available for fulham home games. Just wait outside putney bridge station. I got in last season (face value of some nice generous fella) in the hammersmith end and let out a rather loud "COME ON!!!!!!!!" when yoss scored the winner and lived to tell the tale. Lovely little ground that also, I will defo be going again this year.

Think I get it now.

There will still be postal for general sale, although presumably there will now be fewer tickets on general sale due to the increased member allocation (or maybe not as that now includes the PTS tickets)?

By the way, for anyone still debating whether to get membership - you need to have it by 25/7 to be able to use it for Stoke.

Think I get it now.

There will still be postal for general sale, although presumably there will now be fewer tickets on general sale due to the increased member allocation (or maybe not as that now includes the PTS tickets)?

By the way, for anyone still debating whether to get membership - you need to have it by 25/7 to be able to use it for Stoke.

The number on general should theoretically be the same because all they say they're doing is swapping the existing PTS with 10,000 members for an "expanded PTS-lite" with 50,000 plus members - both chasing 5,000 tickets. In reality a few thousand tickets will probaby "drop through the spaces" and end up being touted one way or another.

The number on general should theoretically be the same because all they say they're doing is swapping the existing PTS with 10,000 members for an "expanded PTS-lite" with 50,000 plus members. In reality a few thousand tickets will probaby "drop through the spaces" and end up being touted one way or another.

Yeah, that was my assumption - they can "redistribute" a block for Thomas Cook or whoever.

Just out of interest, I've been to the offal to log on to my account just to check my shitty membership has been confirmed. On this wednesday afternoon in the middle of July, when there are no big events on sale, I have been unable to log on and the ticket site has crashed three times. I despair for next tuesday and I fucking hate the cunts who run this club.

Just out of interest, I've been to the offal to log on to my account just to check my shitty membership has been confirmed. On this wednesday afternoon in the middle of July, when there are no big events on sale, I have been unable to log on and the ticket site has crashed three times. I despair for next tuesday and I fucking hate the cunts who run this club.

If it turns out as shit as I expect I'll probaby end up just doing the European games this season and fuck the League off.

Yeah, my brother went to join the other day and it crashed halfway through him registering, and wouldn't let him back in, saying that the account was 'locked' and to contact customer services. Three emails later and he still hadn't had a response. There's going to be fun and games this season.

I've just been sent an email informing me that the tickets go on sale for Stoke tomorrow and reminding me of what my password and what not is for the website but I haven't renewed my membership for this year.

You reckon they're trying to remind me that i need to renew or they've fucked up? The wording of it suggests I'm eligable for tickets in tomorrows sale like.

I've just been sent an email informing me that the tickets go on sale for Stoke tomorrow and reminding me of what my password and what not is for the website but I haven't renewed my membership for this year.

You reckon they're trying to remind me that i need to renew or they've fucked up? The wording of it suggests I'm eligable for tickets in tomorrows sale like.

What date did you join last year BD ? If it was after 28/7/2008 you will be a member until exactly a year after you joined , and as such will be eligible tomorrow.

Alternatively you may have forgotten that you ticked the automatic renewal button last year & your card has been walloped behind your back !!!

members sale for stoke is tomorrow, will be interesting to see what happens with the website, in theory it should be one of the simpler ones as its a midweek game and not exactly a glamour tie

If the site behaves anything like it has done when there's no tickets on sale, I wouldn't hold my breath. I await tomorrow with a heavy heart.

What date did you join last year BD ? If it was after 28/7/2008 you will be a member until exactly a year after you joined , and as such will be eligible tomorrow.

Alternatively you may have forgotten that you ticked the automatic renewal button last year & your card has been walloped behind your back !!!

It must be the date thing I reckon mate because i checked my bank before and nothings been taken out as of yet. I cant remember the exact date I joined so thats probably what the score is. Not paying it again though the robbing bastards I was only successful twice last year and i dont get time in work to apply so its pointless me getting it

Edit; Yeh it was bought in August so its valid for another month