You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brookside

Elite

I think I read somewhere that Mick Jonno is going to be on Corrie, rattling Liz McDonald.

If there was ever a Mick Jonno/Jim McDonald face off, I think I would never watch TV again, because nothing could ever top that.

• Upvote 3

I remember the time Barry Grant was riding shine Russian bird in it, I think he was trying to get her up the pole third some reason.

But the line he used after enduring an awkward shag with said Russian chick was.

"Don't just lie there like a bag of king Eddie's".

I swear that like is still used in our house.

Great show.

• Upvote 1

Always remember Sinbad's Christmas turkey scam. They all paid him to get them a turkey for Christmas, comes time for delivery and he brings a live turkey round called Trevor.

All the residents know they've been scammed and tell Sinbad to take the turkey and do one, except for Harry Cross...

"...Ralph! Fetch my knife!"

Just been looking at the cast list(yes I'm a boring bastard!) on imdb and some noteworthy people popped into it. For instance the actor Neil Flynn,the Janitor in Scrubs and Father in that awful comedy The Middle,was in an episode in 1982. Ian Hendry,top actor and Chic Murray the Scottish comedian,also had roles in it. I never really watched more than a few of the early years back in early 80s as I hated soap operas. When me and the missus got married,my missus Uncle was a cameraman on the show and was at our wedding and we(me and my mates)ripped the crap out of him for being involved with it. He has obviously had the last laugh as he's gone on to do much bigger and better things while we are still in the gutter where we've always been.

• Upvote 1

Just been looking at the cast list(yes I'm a boring bastard!) on imdb and some noteworthy people popped into it. For instance the actor Neil Flynn,the Janitor in Scrubs and Father in that awful comedy The Middle,was in an episode in 1982. Ian Hendry,top actor and Chic Murray the Scottish comedian,also had roles in it. I never really watched more than a few of the early years back in early 80s as I hated soap operas. When me and the missus got married,my missus Uncle was a cameraman on the show and was at our wedding and we(me and my mates)ripped the crap out of him for being involved with it. He has obviously had the last laugh as he's gone on to do much bigger and better things while we are still in the gutter where we've always been.

Malcolm Tierney who played Tommy McCardle has been in loads of things as well

08f43tierney2-463714.jpg

I loved it when Jimmy Corkhill turned into a massive smack head and just randomly decided to drive round like he was in grand theft auto and Frank Rodgers swerved into a wall to avoid him. He killed Ron Dickos kid as well who was in the car for no apparent reason.

He later confessed at his funeral that he killed his son. Yet Mike Dixon never apologised to Frank's family for calling him a "meeerrrrdderrrerrrin slaphead"