You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Luis Suarez

Guest simon

Don't see how this looks good :

Liverpool must table 'absurd amount' to get Suarez

Ajax coach Frank de Boer has opened the door to a potential bid for Ryan Babel, but has warned Liverpool that it will take an absurd amount to tempt them into selling Luis Suarez.

Suarez is one of the hottest striking prospects in world football and reports on Monday suggested Liverpool had made a move to secure the striker's signature.

Babel added weight to the talk when he said on Tuesday morning that "the transfer of Suarez to Liverpool opens the door for me to go to Ajax."

The Netherlands international began his career at Ajax before making a move to Liverpool in 2007. Despite showing flashes of brilliance, the 24-year-old has failed to hold down a regular place at Anfield and it would appear he is ready to return home.

De Boer is open to the prospect of bringing Babel back to Amsterdam, as he feels there would be no transition period.

"The advantage is that he knows the Ajax system well," De Boer said of Babel.

Ajax would in all probability only be able to finance a deal for Babel if they sell Suarez and De Boer has warned that they will not allow the striker to leave for a pittance.

"We are resolute and do not want to lose Suarez but if a 'super club' offers an absurd amount, we would let him go," the Dutch coach told Ajax Life. "As it stands at the moment, he will stay with us for the remainder of the season."

Reports in the Netherlands suggest the "absurd amount" would be in the region of the £28.5m Manchester City paid Wolfsburg for Edin Dzeko.

Liverpool must table 'absurd amount' to get Luis Suarez | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

It's weird. I think right now we have the worst Liverpool team i've experienced but if we get Suarez we would potentially have the best attacking force in the world. Torres, Suarez and Ngog as back-up. That's just world class.

66.6(recurring)% of your post is excellant.

"The advantage is that he knows the Ajax system well," De Boer said of Babel.

Ajax would in all probability only be able to finance a deal for Babel if they sell Suarez and De Boer has warned that they will not allow the striker to leave for a pittance.

"We are resolute and do not want to lose Suarez but if a 'super club' offers an absurd amount, we would let him go," the Dutch coach told Ajax Life. "As it stands at the moment, he will stay with us for the remainder of the season."

Liverpool must table 'absurd amount' to get Luis Suarez | Football News | ESPN.co.uk

It's weird. I think right now we have the worst Liverpool team i've experienced but if we get Suarez we would potentially have the best attacking force in the world. Torres, Suarez and Ngog as back-up. That's just world class.

You're on a wind up, aren't you? It'd be very good on paper to have Torres and Saurez, but Saurez isn't proven in the Premiership at all.

I think he's worth 20-22mil + Babel. The only thing is FSG probably won't understand those types of figures. This is their first transfer and it'll be way past anything they do with baseball won't it? Hopefully Kenny and Comolli will be able to help them realise what type of player we're going for here.

I get that many here will think even the price + Babel I said there is way too much, but I don't think it is for a second. If Slur Alex had that type of cash he'd probably go for it, as would Mancini, etc. (if he didn't get Dzeko and knew Suarez was after leaving.) I think FSG should make at least one signing like this, and this kid is 23 years old, he could be amazing here for years to come. Am feeling doubtful this will happen though now.

ah sure what is an absurd amount to the dutch??

everything is cheaper in holland,drugs,hookers and players so id say it will be around £15m + babel.

Plus with their alleged financial situation, hmm, I expect the Ajax board would lunge if we put £40,000 cash on the table. Plus an expensive set of cutlery, and 100 Easter Eggs of their choice from Waitrose/Sainsburys/Tesco/Asda (not Somerfield or Co-op).

£500 cash in De Boer's hand should get our foot in the door.

I then suggest meeting Ajax's valuation of £6 trillion, but arrange staggered monthly payments of £1,000 over 99 years.

As for Babel, we should sell him to Hoffenheim to replace the outgoing Ba, which would then save them a fortune in the replica shirts they were about to scrap.

Guest TesticleOReilly
£500 cash in De Boer's hand should get our foot in the door.

I then suggest meeting Ajax's valuation of £6 trillion, but arrange staggered monthly payments of £1,000 over 99 years.

As for Babel, we should sell him to Hoffenheim to replace the outgoing Ba, which would then save them a fortune in the replica shirts they were about to scrap.

That technique didn't work with the Keane or Aquaman deals, why would Suarez by any different?