You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ancelotti - Reds are best

Lucky Pierre

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess it is that time of the year when the Manage speculations come about, no doubt we will have countless threads on rafa coming, calls for mourinho to join and ancelotti.

Didn't realise Ancelotti was only in his 50's, thought he was in his 60's, if we wanted him we should of got him last summer. Brendan is our manager and hopefully will be next season, getting fed up of managerial changes each year and the whole rebuilding malarkey.

History only counts when youre in the champions league or have an unlimited budget. You can have wet dreams about Ancelotti, Mourinho, Klopp and the rest but youre going to wake up to Brendan. Best make the most of it.

I presume this would be some sort of revisiting of the DoF position?

Either way, it seems very strange that we'd be approaching him now. Smacks of press bollocks.

Why would it be strange, we have had the biggest failure of a season since Souness days.

It would be fuckin strange if they did not consider their options.

If Ancelotti was interested in the job we would be fucking barking not to offer it to him

This.

As somebody else mentioned he is only 53 years old, which surprised me, I thought he was around the 60 mark.

Bringing him here in the summer would really show that we mean business, and aren't prepared to settle for wallowing alongside Swansea & West Brom in Mid table.

I'd be amazed if it happened though, FSG & Rodgers are a match made in heaven.

This.

As somebody else mentioned he is only 53 years old, which surprised me, I thought he was around the 60 mark.

Bringing him here in the summer would really show that we mean business, and aren't prepared to settle for wallowing alongside Swansea & West Brom in Mid table.

I'd be amazed if it happened though, FSG & Rodgers are a match made in heaven.

Get real! Wake up! smell the coffee etc

Why the hell is he going to come here? Or any other champions league manager for that matter?

Its being deluded to think otherwise

Why the hell is he going to come here? Or any other champions league manager for that matter?

I'll remind uou that we've won 5 European Cups, 3 UEFA cups (is it) , 18 League titles...etc. and you think someone may be deluded coming here ??

As we all know the only european cup winning manager that will come is benitez and the owners don't want him so here we all are, in 7th with a manager telling us how lucky we are to not be in europe next season.

As we all know the only european cup winning manager that will come is benitez and the owners don't want him so here we all are, in 7th with a manager telling us how lucky we are to not be in europe next season.

I have a problem with people who got rid originally, I hate them for what they did to my club. But Dirk, we sing from the same hymn sheet.

Why would it be strange, we have had the biggest failure of a season since Souness days.

It would be fuckin strange if they did not consider their options.

I think anyone who thinks it would be a minimum expectation for Liverpool to be challenging for cups in Rodger's first season is strange.

If we are in the same position this time next year, then you will have had a point. He is inexperienced and the owners knew that. It needs a good period of time to judge the impact of a manager. The owners will give him time (despite the weighty message boards of TLW).

The fact remains, as JJB said earlier, Rodgers is here to say and there's nothing in these guesswork rumours.

If we wanted him, we should have got him last year. We're "starting from scratch" and we need to get used to it.

Anyway, I'm off out of this thread before some bright spark starts banging on about season 09/10 and how a manager who made us "the most feared team in Europe" a year earlier turned us into the worst team in the world ever and should have been sacked. And then shot.

Does anyone think this pining for the good old days or sniping from the sidelines is helpful or informative? I think it is just sad.

It is bonkers to consider changing our manager again whatever we think of the current guy; it can only set us back further.

Get behind Rodgers and the project or just shut up. We could be turning into chelski without the sugar daddy