You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Keane!

Yerma'satexan!

Sky Sports | Football News | Premier League | Tottenham Hotspur | Keane - Rafa and I not suited

That's right Robbie, it's Rafa's fault you couldn't put the ball in the back of the net...it's Rafa's fault for the numerous air shots you had. So what if he's not your bezzie fucking mate, he your fucking manager, my manager's an arse aswell, deal with it. Ever considered this Robbie, your just not good enough to play for Liverpool Football Club. Easy route to take, blame the manager for your failings. I thought you'd have a bit more humility and class after how shite you were but obviously not. Pathetic Robbie Keane, fucking pathetic. And Rafa's made the right decision to get rid of you when he did.

Incidentely I would of said the same about Dossena, boy is my face red now.

What the fuck has he actually said that is wrong?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keane was a weird one. Always thought it was an odd signing and it just didn't work out.

Whether it was to do with Rafa and his man management skills or Keane missing too many sitters, who knows.

I'm glad we acted quickly, though and hope it's to the benefit of both parties.

Don't really have a problem with the article

What are you talking about?

No, of course not, but it's a fact that the best way to get child to behave is to ignore bad behaviuor and praise their good behaviour.

It's just basic psychology and it works on most adults too.

rafa's approach tends to be the polar opposote of that.

I'[m not saying that it's wrong, as in some people will repsond well to it,(generally those who are perfectionists and have behvioural traits that border on OCD , as indeed many sportmens and women actually are) but many wont. That's all I'm saying.

You need different approaches to different kinds of people in order to get the best out of them.

That's teh same in ANY walk of life. All the money in the world and all the transfer fees wo't stop your personality dictating who you are.

fair play i can see what you saying but these are highly paid people surely showing them respect is enough

fair play i can see what you saying but these are highly paid people surely showing them respect is enough

If life was that simple then all we'd ever have to do to get people to perform to their maximum potential is pay them a shit load of money.

Lioef's just not like that though. You simply can not have the exact same approach to manage everybody. It's teh same in any group dynamic. Some people thrive on praise, others on criticism. That's just basic psychology.

Say what you want about Ferguson, we all know he's a cnut, but I reckon he's a master of managing players in different ways.

Ronaldo, for example, I have no doubt would be a flop under Benitez in my opinion, cos Rafa simply wouldn't stand for his arrogance and Me Me personality. Ferguson on the other hand allows him his pricky personalit, cuts him some slack, even defends him, and usually gets the best out of him.

in the same way that it's horses for courses with approaches to games, it should be the same with people. In fact even more so.

you can't just say "it's my way or the highway". That's just shit. I've worked for people like that, and they've never had teh best out of me.

Your saying all that but the manager has been succesful with the way he is, were not even talking moderate sucess either, why should he change for the sake of one player? And it is really only one player who was then shipped out.

It doesnt really arse me what Keane says in the article, let him do whatever he feels he needs to do. Like i said earlier if he'd took some of his chances earlier in the year we could be top by now and he'd still be here i suspect.

For the people who are saying Keane was treated terrible (as if it was personal) can anyone tell me why a manager would sign a player the purposely try to harm him in terms of form? Id love to know why people think Benitez would do this.

We don't need players who need to be tucked in at night. You need to be mentally strong to play for us, you are not treated as a hero or worshipped. You are a cog in a machine and you play for Liverpool and if you do what the manager says more often than not you get the right result.

The mentally weak players need to be weeded out. I expect Keane is just bitter as i would be if your boyhood dream ended up a nightmare. Maybe wishing for something is actually better than the reality a lot of the time.

I think if we had money he would have stayed but i don't know why he went when he did and i doubt we will ever find out. However a mistake was made in not bringing in a replacement.

What a crap thread. Sounds like a Manc in the playgound. Dont like Keane anymore because he aint in our gang. Some people are just itching for Keane to critisise the club and have probably already written their thread starters in preparation. Seems like this fella just spunked his load a bit too early

Doesnt seem to say anything too bad there. I believe he is a good striker and yeah he probably could have made it here with a different manager with a different style of managing. People just cant wait to stick the boot into him for some reason. He a Liverpool fan and i havent seen him disrespect the club anywhere.

Give it a fucking rest man.

I don't think its out of order to highlight the differences in ways players are managed. Kuyt has largely been hit and miss in his time here, he has looked anything but a £10m striker but he been persisted with and given confidence. Why can't other players expect the same? Why can't these things be pointed out when the same manager is concerned?

I'm really bored debating about Keane.

Yes it was a poor buy.

Yes he could have played better.

Yes we should have got a replacement.

But we have got 15 million, cut our losses and moved on.

That's what we need to do, move on!

Guest TK-421
I don't think its out of order to highlight the differences in ways players are managed. Kuyt has largely been hit and miss in his time here, he has looked anything but a £10m striker but he been persisted with and given confidence. Why can't other players expect the same? Why can't these things be pointed out when the same manager is concerned?

Keane's time at Anfield has nothing to do with Kuyt. Kuyt is barely played as a centre forward anymore, only when Torres is injured. It's simply not relevant.

Keane's time at Anfield has nothing to do with Kuyt. Kuyt is barely played as a centre forward anymore, only when Torres is injured. It's simply not relevant.

Persisting with underpeforming players and keeping them in the team despite their form is inconsistent to the way he treated a new player like Keane. As a human being we all deserve equal treatment not favourtism.

Guest TK-421
Persisting with underpeforming players and keeping them in the team despite their form is inconsistent to the way he treated a new player like Keane. As a human being we all deserve equal treatment not favourtism.

Right you are. It's Kuyt's and Rafa's fault that Keane played like a complete tit.

I mentioned this in another thread

We made numerous mistakes with the Robbie Keane fiasco.

Buying Him

Selling Him

Selling Him and not buying a replacement

I only agree with that part. Surely if you thought it was a mistake to buy him, you shouldn't think it was a mistake to sell him, or did his performance convince you that he was, in fact, ace?

by the way, I remember Crouch missing loads of sitters and not scoring for almost 20 games. Where was his shitty treatment?

Not being funny but Keane's been absolute success at every club he's ever played for. Spot the problem? Sorry, but it certainly isn't Robbie Keane, is it!

A huge success at Inter Milan.

I am asking why Rafa persists with Kuyt but shows the door to other players? Why the inconsistency?

To be fair, Rafa doesn't persist with Kuyt anywhere near as much as his critics do!

Every fucking player in the history of Liverpool FC seems to compared to Kuyt, we're not far from 'take Sean Dundee, was he given the chances that Kuyt had?'

Imo, Keane is being a twat (again), where is this dignity he spoke of just after he moved back to Spurs.

When Crouch started with us he was contributing positively to each game he played, he was pulled up plenty of times by refs (especially in Europe) but he generally got on with the game. During this time he received constant public support from Rafa (don't know what it was like privately but I am going to presume it was pretty positive too). Once he became an England fan (and media) favourite he got a couple of public warnings from Rafa to make sure he kept up his workrate, privately I'm sure he was more than warned. Towards the end, we were playing at home (can't remember who against, but I remember the look) Crouch was in the box when a shot came in from the right, keeper parried and the ball went to the edge of the 6 yard, from the look and reaction Rafa gave on the sideline you could see that the end was fast approaching. Crouchy had lost Rafa's trust. I'm not trying to be an amateur psychologist, reading Rafa's 'body language', there was real rage.

There was one European away game this season where Keane fluffed a shot (the pass to him wasn't the best either though). Keane then protested to the ref and continued to protest to the ref until the ball had gone down towards our goal AND returned to the opponents box, where we were awarded a corner, Keane was STILL protesting at the ref.

For me, that typifies Robbie Keane's spell with us.

Just to clarify here, I had no agenda against him, I live about a mile from where he grew up. I am one of those who's cousin hung around with him when they were young (not that I believe that either). I wanted him to succeed when he went to Inter (had he scored the overhead kick against Helsingborgs in that home qualifier I am sure he would have lasted longer).

I didn't think was good enough to play for us, I didn't think he worked hard enough but was hoping to be proved wrong. I also didn't think Houghton was good enough either.

As for those latest comments coming out today, I wish he'd just shut up. He said he wouldn't make any undignified comments when he was offended by what Rafa had to say, but for me this just shows that he can't get over it, he's not going to shut up which was part of his problem when he was with us.

Apologies for the rant and remember that it was written IMO.

Rafa has three approaches to players

1. If you're playing well, he challenges you to do even better by not praising you

2. If you're not playing well but trying hard and showing a good attitude, then he'll support and praise

3. If you don't fall into the above, best pack your bags.

That's his style. It won't work for everyone but I doubt he'll be changing it any time soon.