You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Keane!

Yerma'satexan!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It became that way. It was not like that from the start though. But when the same player always is taken off, no matter how he plays or his teammates plays off course it cause frustration. I dont think there is a player in the world who would have reacted in any other way to such a treatment.

Crouch did knuckle down, and all credit to him for that, but he did have a manager that supported him in every way, protecting him when the press tried to ridicule him. Played him in more or less every match.

Had Rafa supported Keane the way he supported Crouch, im pretty sure things would have turned out very diffrently. It never looked like Rafa did want Keane. Comparing Keane with Crouch is unfair, as the treatment of those two were miles apart.

I think there's some truth in the idea that Rafa could have loved him more but it was up to keane to perform and make himself undroppable. I also think that there were concerns about Keane's fitness to last 90 minutes (a bit like riera). Didn't Spurs regularly sub him last season?

It became that way. It was not like that from the start though. But when the same player always is taken off, no matter how he plays or his teammates plays off course it cause frustration. I dont think there is a player in the world who would have reacted in any other way to such a treatment.

Crouch did knuckle down, and all credit to him for that, but he did have a manager that supported him in every way, protecting him when the press tried to ridicule him. Played him in more or less every match.

Had Rafa supported Keane the way he supported Crouch, im pretty sure things would have turned out very diffrently. It never looked like Rafa did want Keane. Comparing Keane with Crouch is unfair, as the treatment of those two were miles apart.

Zackley.

I said at the time that I saw a player under performing, not being played out of position etc, but Rafa has to take much of teh blame also. When a player is underperforming or not scoring then some of them need a different form of management than the rafa cold shoulder. This is the only approach to man management rafa appears to know. It works for some, but not for others.

Keane would have earned everyone's respect if he had put a few of those chances away.

He was shocking here. Not saying he's generally shite, just clearly not good enough to adapt to our playing style (I'd suggest thats more to do with his limitations rather than ours).

Yep. Seems to be now that he's gone everyone is on his side. Can't remember that being the same when he was here. He was shit. We're doing just fine without him too.

He probably could have if he was bought by a manager who had a clue what he wanted to do with him. Not that I wanted to sign him in the first place, and still don't understand what Rafa was thinking - don't think I ever will.

Keane has to say this sort of stuff to justify his failure to himself - these top flight footballers are 99% self-belief/ego, anything that shakes that self belief will have to be justified.

The simple fact is that Keane Made 28 Appearances: (5 from bench), Scored 7 Goals with 1783 Minutes on pitch (and average of approx 65 mins per game - about 1500 of the total minutes was spent on his arse gesticulating at the referee.

It wasn't Benitez or his methods that caused Keane to miss all those open goals - it didn't work for you Robbie. Get over it.

You don't get arm round the shoulder treatment at the top, didn't Ronnie Moran used to be on them all the time back in the day. Spurs is his level we're he can be "loved" all he wants.

Why is Dirked "loved" so much? Why was Crouch protected from the media so much? Why does Lucas regularly get praised by Rafa?

Why can't a player expect fair treatment when others get the same?

You don't get arm round the shoulder treatment at the top, didn't Ronnie Moran used to be on them all the time back in the day. Spurs is his level we're he can be "loved" all he wants.

Lioef's just not like that though. You simply can not have the exact same approach to manage everybody. It's teh same in any group dynamic. Some people thrive on praise, others on criticism. That's just basic psychology.

Say what you want about Ferguson, we all know he's a cnut, but I reckon he's a master of managing players in different ways.

Ronaldo, for example, I have no doubt would be a flop under Benitez in my opinion, cos Rafa simply wouldn't stand for his arrogance and Me Me personality. Ferguson on the other hand allows him his pricky personalit, cuts him some slack, even defends him, and usually gets the best out of him.

in the same way that it's horses for courses with approaches to games, it should be the same with people. In fact even more so.

you can't just say "it's my way or the highway". That's just shit. I've worked for people like that, and they've never had teh best out of me.

he's a grown man not a small child :whatever:

Positive reinforcement as a motivation tactic continues right through your adult life, not just as a child.

The fact that it's often ingrained as a child is teh very reason for that.

all these people saying he was harshly treated for the amount of money he was paid and the amount of chances he wasted which i was that harshly treated all this arm around him saying how great he is footballers should get on with what there paid to do

Positive reinforcement as a motivation tactic continues right through your adult life, not just as a child.

The fact that it's often ingrained as a child is teh very reason for that.

so if you parents don't show you love and affection all the time love there shits are they

all these people saying he was harshly treated for the amount of money he was paid and the amount of chances he wasted which i was that harshly treated all this arm around him saying how great he is footballers should get on with what there paid to do

Money doesn't stop you being a human being!

so if you parents don't show you love and affection all the time love there shits are they

What are you talking about?

No, of course not, but it's a fact that the best way to get child to behave is to ignore bad behaviuor and praise their good behaviour.

It's just basic psychology and it works on most adults too.

rafa's approach tends to be the polar opposote of that.

I'[m not saying that it's wrong, as in some people will repsond well to it,(generally those who are perfectionists and have behvioural traits that border on OCD , as indeed many sportmens and women actually are) but many wont. That's all I'm saying.

You need different approaches to different kinds of people in order to get the best out of them.

That's teh same in ANY walk of life. All the money in the world and all the transfer fees wo't stop your personality dictating who you are.