You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck off Keane!

Yerma'satexan!

Yes but Keane has never played at a team in the CL before.

Dean Saunders was a great success for both Derby & Villa but he wasn't good enough for us.

David James is vg for Pompey but hopeless when it matters, for us or England.

The problem is Keane wasn't good enough so we solved the problem by moving him on.

Should we sign Barry?

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we aren't making a title challenge when Rafa's overall performance is being judged but we are when he took a long-term decision that hurts us in the short-run?

Torres is injured because he was overplayed last year.

So completely the opposite of all the "conventional wisdom" Rafa has to face down every day.

& Stop double-counting our money.

Rafa has essentially spent net just over £20m on strikers & ended up with Torres which is as good as it gets.

His area of weakness in the market is creative attackers not strikers, & that does need addressing although he was held back there by Kewell's outstanding contract until last summer.

The 'short run' was our first title challenge in years. The thing us fans have been preying for and started to believe could actually happen this year. So are we meant to sit back, accept it and presume arsenal, chelseas etc wont improve next year? Should we just write off the money we've played to watch dull, negative football from a manager happy to have spent more on defensive midfielders than forwards? Anyone who went to the games will tell you we were playing badly but winning at the startof the season whihc was fine cos we all expected better to come. So he sells our 2nd best forward when our 1st choice has been in and out all season and amazingly we're out of it come the 2nd week in Feb.

And Torres was injured cos he was overplayed. So the best way to address that is to sell the only player who could possibly get anywhere near to good enough for us without bringing in a replacement? None of what you say makes any sense.

He did well with 20m on Torres but he's moaning about money having fucked up on a 20m forward he didn't replace and having spent £36m on def mids in a team that's, at times, painfully lacking attacking flair and goals. Yes we need more creativity but if Torres is out, which he's bound to be sometimes,we need someone else who you feel there's a least a chance will stick it in the net. No one else who watches footy will say Kuyt, Babel (who isn't a forward anyway) and N'gog than Keane.

He's had 5 years and yet he's sacking off the league this year halfway through to look forward to next year? Bollocks and i wish i'd known that befoer i shelled out money i dont fucking have.

You can't be serious. Coming off the bench and scoring doesn't all of a sudden promote him to the first 11. He's still a average player and a bencher at best.

He has done better than Riera and Babel have in the pas two games, if he turns out shit at left midfield in the mid term then get rid but he has deserves a start - that's who players should be managed. Its demotivating to score goals and play well and then be dropped especially when the player you replaced has been dog shit.

I've not got any problem with what keane is supposed to have said above but overall I don't think his attitude was great. No player wants to be subbed but most of them at least appear to take it in good grace even though they're probably seething inside.

With Keane it was all "why me?" and "fuck off" followed by a miserable traipse off the field and sulking on the bench. And this encouraged the media to stoke it all up so that Keane became the story and a massive distraction to our battle to stay at the top.

If keane had just got on with it, said the right things and worked harder to keep his place (like crouch did) i think he'd still be here now.

He blew his chance.

Yep, I'm having all that.

I've not got any problem with what keane is supposed to have said above but overall I don't think his attitude was great. No player wants to be subbed but most of them at least appear to take it in good grace even though they're probably seething inside.

With Keane it was all "why me?" and "fuck off" followed by a miserable traipse off the field and sulking on the bench. And this encouraged the media to stoke it all up so that Keane became the story and a massive distraction to our battle to stay at the top.

If keane had just got on with it, said the right things and worked harder to keep his place (like crouch did) i think he'd still be here now.

He blew his chance.

Agreed. Also, Crouch played absolutely brilliantly in his first games for us, goals or no goals. Keane offered absolutely nothing if he wasn't scoring. Which, most of the time, he wasn't.

I have no problem with what he said, and the treatment of Keane really had me questioning Rafa.

Several times Rafa have mentioned that he has`nt the resources of Man U and Chelsea. Fair enough, but then you should not treat a £20m signing that way.

No matter how we or he played, he was always the one beeing dragged off early. Scored 2 against West brom, and was taken off early. I remember beeing astonished when Rafa took off Kuyt against Bolton and playing Keane ( for once, even though he struggled ) the full match. Then I remembered we had Newcastle in the next 48 hours and knew Rafa would use that as an excuse to play Kuyt and "rest" Keane against Newcastle. So he did.

It`s hard enough adapting to a new team, but when a manager from the get go clearly dont want to play him, it`s impossible. The way rafa treated him was a disgrace, draining every bit of confidence out of him. It was really embarassing, and even though I like Rafa and want him to stay, he did not cover himself in glory regarding Keane.

People go on about the chances missed ( even though Kuyt misses just as many and still only scored 2 more than Keane this season ) but strikers are all about confidence. Keane knew that to survive 60 min he needed to put away every chance, ane even that did not prove to be good enough ). Having that in the back of your mind cant possibly help a striker, and rafa has to share some of the blame of Keane`s misfortune. And when you compare the treatment of Keane with how Rafa treats Kuyt and treated Crouch ( in his first season ) he has every right to be dissapointed.

Should we sign Barry?

No, not with our limited budget & not as replacement for Alonso who is a much better footballer.

If you want the PL over the CL then I could sort of understand the thinking. Alonso is a proper footballer & plays much better against other good players & especially when the game is reffed properly. The other 16 in the PL mainly rely on speed & power which Barry may match up better agaisnt.

Personally you know my preferences & I think Alsono out/Barry in would have been a mistake.

Rafa's treatment of Keane was commensurate with Keane's performances for Liverpool.

Keane's performances particularly at White Hart Lane & against Everton were so far below what was expected as to defy belief.

Can we just let him remain a bad memory.

He blew his chance.

It became that way. It was not like that from the start though. But when the same player always is taken off, no matter how he plays or his teammates plays off course it cause frustration. I dont think there is a player in the world who would have reacted in any other way to such a treatment.

Crouch did knuckle down, and all credit to him for that, but he did have a manager that supported him in every way, protecting him when the press tried to ridicule him. Played him in more or less every match.

Had Rafa supported Keane the way he supported Crouch, im pretty sure things would have turned out very diffrently. It never looked like Rafa did want Keane. Comparing Keane with Crouch is unfair, as the treatment of those two were miles apart.

Keane was unfortunately a pawn in Parry and Rafa's political games. Parry signed him, Rafa sold him. Was not the player for us nonetheless, but should have been retained for the remainder of the season, and was at times, treated appaulingly. And still so, looking at some of the bile spouted on here.

Keane was unfortunately a pawn in Parry and Rafa's political games. Parry signed him, Rafa sold him. Was not the player for us nonetheless, but should have been retained for the remainder of the season, and was at times, treated appaulingly. And still so, looking at some of the bile spouted on here.

ATOMIC NEG GO

Keane wanted to be treated the way he "deserved". An out and out striker who fails to score goals and provides little useful service to his team otherwise can only expect to be treated as he was - to a seat on the bench or in the stands. I supported Robbie but, reluctantly, had to face up the fact that he just didn't deliver. He got plenty of opportunities in the team but he fucked it up. Not Rafa's fault, just all down to Keane himself. Maybe he'll come back when Strachan gets the boss's job at Anfield and then he can show us what he was really all about. Or.......maybe not.

I still like him, and to me the obvious problem for a decent part of it was being brought off after 60-odd minutes all the time. You could see it was driving him mad from the off and he probably felt rushed in each game after he realised it was gonna carry on happening, (hence trying too hard, maybe.) but Rafa just kept on doing it. If he'd been given more games and more time on the pitch, maybe we'd have more points and he'd have settled now, but with him in the side would we have won 4-0 against Real and 4-1 against Man Utd? Probably not because the teams in those matches just seemed perfect, but to put that up against being top of the league now or nearer.......and we did beat Man Utd with him in the team at Anfield too.

And if he really loved playing for Liverpool so much, I don't know, he could've tried a season at least, instead of shouting fuck off as he was subbed the last time. It sucks that it didn't work out, but maybe he should've had that bit more patience.

To me it was Rafa and Keane at fault, both of them. Not that I hold any grudges, it just sucks quite a lot and is one of the worst things about this season by far.

Guest ian garro

He blew his chance.

In. A. Nutshell.

by the way, I remember Crouch missing loads of sitters and not scoring for almost 20 games. Where was his shitty treatment?

Not being funny but Keane's been absolute success at every club he's ever played for. Spot the problem? Sorry, but it certainly isn't Robbie Keane, is it!

Spot on.

Both Crouch and Kuyt have had major support from both Rafa and sections of the support in the past, yet both have had far worse spells in front of goal than keane.