You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 12/05/2021 at 16:23, Lee909 said:

He does but he also goes off the deep end fairly often. Has some interesting theories but seems to manipulate things at times to fit them. Though I wouldn't rule out what he says either

I am defo all in on it being something similar to what he says/professes. 

• 2 weeks later...

A teenager set himself alight last night at one of these "events". Any normal society might say burning national flags and kids is a bit much and maybe with the world already burning we could refrain from this nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, No2 said:

A teenager set himself alight last night at one of these "events". Any normal society might say burning national flags and kids is a bit much and maybe with the world already burning we could refrain from this nonsense. 

I've been to a couple of these and in those circumstances I am very much Scouse not English. As far as I could see it was just people getting hammered on cans of cider, there was no grand statement of proud nationalism.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Superb programme with Patrick Kielty on BBC 1 now. Very powerful. One Hundred Years of Union. It will be on IPlayer. 

It was on at the weekend or some time last week too Stig, very good, not my favourite person Kielty but he was excellent. Had no fear about speaking to both sides of the divide.

Particularly impressive when you remember what happened to his Da. He did well to hold himself together.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Creator Supreme said:

It was on at the weekend or some time last week too Stig, very good, not my favourite person Kielty but he was excellent. Had no fear about speaking to both sides of the divide.

Particularly impressive when you remember what happened to his Da. He did well to hold himself together.

I've never held much opinion on him either way (apart from him punching well above his weight) but he came across like a thoroughly decent fella in that. 

Agreed on the holding himself together bit, I assume you're on about the fella he met at the bonfire building. 

24 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I've never held much opinion on him either way (apart from him punching well above his weight) but he came across like a thoroughly decent fella in that. 

Agreed on the holding himself together bit, I assume you're on about the fella he met at the bonfire building. 

Yeah, and when he was talking to the lass who's mother had been murdered by the IRA at the beach.

I never saw how he got a job on telly before I watched that, that's why I say he's not my favourite person (also a Red Manc and punching above his weight with his missus), but he came across on that as intelligent and likeable.

It's fucking tragic that so much progress has been made, yet there's still the hatred in the young, not to mention the senseless deaths (Lyra Mckee for example)!

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Yeah, and when he was talking to the lass who's mother had been murdered by the IRA at the beach.

I never saw how he got a job on telly before I watched that, that's why I say he's not my favourite person (also a Red Manc and punching above his weight with his missus), but he came across on that as intelligent and likeable.

It's fucking tragic that so much progress has been made, yet there's still the hatred in the young, not to mention the senseless deaths (Lyra Mckee for example)!

The young loyalist lad you can just tell has it in his head to get the shitbags up and running. Very worrying times. 

The poor girl on that beach, I was sating to my missus it must be so hard for her living in a catholic community when she's out in a pub and a band come on etc. Absolute bastards. 

• 8 months later...
28 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Members of the Orange Order acting like cunts again. 

I'm guessing you're meaning the sick song some Orange Order members were filmed singing. Its important to note that the DUP, UUP, TUV, Orange Order and Linfield FC have all strongly condemned the perpetrators. Cunts that do this shit exist on both sides and are becoming less and less prevalent.  

5 hours ago, A Red said:

I'm guessing you're meaning the sick song some Orange Order members were filmed singing. Its important to note that the DUP, UUP, TUV, Orange Order and Linfield FC have all strongly condemned the perpetrators. Cunts that do this shit exist on both sides and are becoming less and less prevalent.  

They might have 'officially' condemned it but where are the senior people in the room telling the cunts to stop singing such a vile song? Or anyone in the room, for that matter. 

Horrible bastards.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, lifetime fan said:

Members of the Orange Order acting like cunts again. 

The latest display tells us nothing about Protestants/Unionists, whose proportion of bigots are no different to that of Catholics/Nationalists. It tells us plenty about the Orange Order though, where the unsolved murder of a newly-wed a decade ago is considered worthy of composing a chant because she was a Papist. 30 years ago the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland described the glorification by an Orange parade of the murder of five people at a branch of Seán Graham bookmakers as behaviour that "would have disgraced a tribe of cannibals". The only things that has changed is that they can't pretend it didn't happen.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Carradona said:

they're really rather pathetic arent they.

im not at all political, and especially when it comes to Northern Ireland. 

but of late, the unionists are starting to come over as extremely old fashioned and bigoted, while in some regards, the nationalists are moving on.

perhaps they can see their "Union" failing, and its a final stand, i dont know........

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

perhaps they can see their "Union" failing, and its a final stand, i dont know........

There might be something in that; the way Johnson and the DUP have approached Brexit has fucked them over and they're not going to go down gracefully.

It’s the person who wrote the song that I’d love to hear from. What goes through someone’s head as they decide to sit down and try and think up the lyrics to something like that?

And as for the apology? They went to Jamie fucking Brysons PR people to form the apology and release it. That tells you absolutely everything you need to know about them. 

• Upvote 2