You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 hour ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I've never met a unionist that I would consider sane. 

Thats a bit harsh nay isn't it so it is. Its not like they're going to walk into the vatican and call the pope the anti-christ nay isn't it so it is, are they

• Upvote 1

Given time, the Orange Order will wither and die as an organisation save for a few extremists and there will be a united Ireland. A little basic knowledge of Unionism and Northern Ireland is all that is needed to see why, its a shame so many nationalists don't really understand.

14 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

they're really rather pathetic arent they.

im not at all political, and especially when it comes to Northern Ireland. 

but of late, the unionists are starting to come over as extremely old fashioned and bigoted, while in some regards, the nationalists are moving on.

perhaps they can see their "Union" failing, and its a final stand, i dont know........

Maybe similar to what's happening with republicanism in the States, they see a changing demographic and the reduction of their influence and it gives rise to an extremist element.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, chrisbonnie said:

they're really rather pathetic arent they.

im not at all political, and especially when it comes to Northern Ireland. 

but of late, the unionists are starting to come over as extremely old fashioned and bigoted, while in some regards, the nationalists are moving on.

perhaps they can see their "Union" failing, and its a final stand, i dont know........

The unionists have moved more to the extreme since the peace process imo. Firstly UUP voters moved to DUP, but the DUP have not only been able to shape an old fashioned narrative, they've been able to sit tight and recently with the likes of Johnson, Brexit and trumpian politics popularity globally, they feel they've come back into fashion, a bit like flares. If you talk to these fellas and I have a few I run into, they're as nonsensical as these mid-america working class whites who support trump. They're convinced they are both righteous and winning the battle - they feel more British because of this Brexit nonsense as an example, but actually they're less British by the day, with all their religious nonsense - creationist, anti-gay and all that other extreme religious stuff. All while the republicans are taking a more cosmopolitan middle ground even in the shape of sinn Fein. 

I had an afternoon out with a mate of mine last summer and he brought along a buddy of his who was in Liverpool for the day on his way to Stoke or somewhere. They were colleagues together for years in the marines. This fella is now high up in the DUP and I spent the afternoon being amazed by his point of view on these issues. He seems really sound about normal things, but as soon as you got onto Ulster politics or religion, it was like having a conversation with an evertonian on football. He couldn't get his head around I don't believe in God - in the end I said I just believed in peace and love and he somehow tried to make that in to I was really both a Christian and a creationist just like him. Fucking nuts. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

He couldn't get his head around I don't believe in God - in the end I said I just believed in peace and love and he somehow tried to make that in to I was really both a Christian and a creationist just like him. Fucking nuts. 

Religion is systematic brainwashing. But imagine believing in God and all the good things that God is meant to be, then wishing death upon Irish, Palestinians, Gays etc, all at the same time. We'll that's the magic of the Unionists. Absolute bellends to a man and its great that it will eventually end. 

1 minute ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Religion is systematic brainwashing. But imagine believing in God and all the good things that God is meant to be, then wishing death upon Irish, Palestinians, Gays etc, all at the same time. We'll that's the magic of the Unionists. Absolute bellends to a man and its great that it will eventually end. 

It's not just a unionist problem though. Through the ages to this day, people have used religion of all flavours not just to wish death, but to bring it. 

1 minute ago, Barrington Womble said:

It's not just a unionist problem though. Through the ages to this day, people have used religion of all flavours not just to wish death, but to bring it. 

Agreed. Religion is a load of Bollocks. 

7 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I suppose you think they are bigots to a man too?

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

I can't understand it for you.

I really wouldn't expect much from you, so that's fine. 

Have a nice day. Just don't go overboard this weekend while you're ripping the cock off yourself to pictures of a rich granny. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I really wouldn't expect much from you, so that's fine. 

Have a nice day. Just don't go overboard this weekend while you're ripping the cock off yourself to pictures of a rich granny. 

Go look up the definition of "bigot" Then come back and explain how "unionists are bellends to a man" is not a bigoted statement. Its exactly your sentiment and those like you on the other side that slows the inevitable movement to a United Ireland. You presumably want a United Ireland but are too bigoted to realise that you are part of the problem.

I don't think you're stupid, deep down you know that not all Unionists are bellends, just some of them. You're just playing to the gallery.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, A Red said:

Go look up the definition of "bigot" Then come back and explain how "unionists are bellends to a man" is not a bigoted statement. Its exactly your sentiment and those like you on the other side that slows the inevitable movement to a United Ireland. You presumably want a United Ireland but are too bigoted to realise that you are part of the problem.

I don't think you're stupid, deep down you know that not all Unionists are bellends, just some of them. You're just playing to the gallery.

I don't want a United Ireland either. It would mean more trouble from your backward lot. The influx of immigrants , especially Eastern Europeans, to Northern Ireland will eventually mean Unionists will have insignificant numbers and will die out. Can't happen soon enough of course. The world needs fewer bellends in it. 

Westminster can't stand Unionists and hate having to pay so much to support them. Dublin doesn't want them either because it would mean more trouble and a waste of energy trying to civilise them. Just a bunch of backward looking, brainwashed idiots clinging onto something that only exists in their tiny minds. Bellends.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I don't want a United Ireland either. It would mean more trouble from your backward lot. The influx of immigrants , especially Eastern Europeans, to Northern Ireland will eventually mean Unionists will have insignificant numbers and will die out. Can't happen soon enough of course. The world needs fewer bellends in it. 

Westminster can't stand Unionists and hate having to pay so much to support them. Dublin doesn't want them either because it would mean more trouble and a waste of energy trying to civilise them. Just a bunch of backward looking, brainwashed idiots clinging onto something that only exists in their tiny minds. Bellends.

You're fucking weird. You make a bigoted statement, get called a bigot, judging by your response clearly don't like being called a bigot but can't show you're not one because you know you are. Then you go on with your bigotry. 

Thousands have died on both sides thanks to the stance and views of people like you. Talk about being fucking backward.

52 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

How many nights I prayed for this,

to let my work begin.

First we take Magherafelt

Then we take Dublin.