You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

54 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Needed a gif really, mate. Horse racing, Formula One, that kind of stuff.  Still, I applaud the effort.  

Ha! I was waiting for your Jim Carrey gif CT. Always cracks me up.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Johnny Utah said:

Of a Nationalist persuasion myself but Zonko is having a mare. ‘Unionists are cunts to a man’? Have a word with yourself.

I happen to be stuck on both sides of the argument having a Catholic mother and Protestant father. Growing up listening to my father's family and close friends being so backwards was quite the challenge. The Unionist ones were all cunts to a man, and any I've met throughout my life haven't been in any way pleasant. Am I generalising? Absolutely. 

I won't even start on Catholicism. That's another bucket of mental shit. 

2 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The Unionist ones were all cunts to a man, and any I've met throughout my life haven't been in any way pleasant. Am I generalising? Absolutely

No you're not.

"any unionists I've met were cunts to a man" Not generalising, just you're experience.

Your statements earlier were along the lines of -

"all unionists are cunts to a man" Not generalising but bigotry.

I think you are beginning to rail it in a little bit, well done.

The Northern Irish use of the word 'wee' is far more liberal than the Scottish use and seems to be entirely interchangeable. 

I've heard children referred to as wee, as well as small people, but also jumbo jets and the Roman Empire. 

"What's that spiral mass of stars?" 

"That there's your wee Andromeda Galaxy so it is." 

Donnie-Brasco-Johnny-Depp.jpg

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, A Red said:

No you're not.

"any unionists I've met were cunts to a man" Not generalising, just you're experience.

Your statements earlier were along the lines of -

"all unionists are cunts to a man" Not generalising but bigotry.

I think you are beginning to rail it in a little bit, well done.

Fair enough. 

I don't have any good experiences with unionists so that has shaped my point of view. Is it a valid point of view? To me it is. So as a real life experience I wouldn't think calling it bigotry is valid. I don't fanatically despise Unionists. I just think they're bellends and need to be dragged into the modern world. Fanatically hating Palestinians and burning their flag, hating gays etc whilst knowing nothing about them would be a stronger form of bigotry, in my opinion. 

Is my point of view narrow-minded? Based upon a small enough quantity of people that I'm using for my opinion, then quite possibly, yes. Open to changing that point of view if I ever meet a Unionist that wasn't so enthusiastic about wanting Irish, Gays, Palestinians eliminated from earth. 

39 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Fair enough. 

I don't have any good experiences with unionists so that has shaped my point of view. Is it a valid point of view? To me it is. So as a real life experience I wouldn't think calling it bigotry is valid. I don't fanatically despise Unionists. I just think they're bellends and need to be dragged into the modern world. Fanatically hating Palestinians and burning their flag, hating gays etc whilst knowing nothing about them would be a stronger form of bigotry, in my opinion. 

Is my point of view narrow-minded? Based upon a small enough quantity of people that I'm using for my opinion, then quite possibly, yes. Open to changing that point of view if I ever meet a Unionist that wasn't so enthusiastic about wanting Irish, Gays, Palestinians eliminated from earth. 

Like I said, your experiences of Unionists is not a good one so you are quite entitled to not like them. Fair enough, but to assume that the few you've met means that they are all bad is bigotry. You arguing that your form of bigotry is better or not as bad than someone else's, is when you think about it, just silly. Bigotry and racism are close relations, you've said nothing to imply you are a racist but the principles are the same.

You haven't met me, most probably never will which I am sure makes you happy, but I and loads of others like me, in fact I would suggest the vast majority, would not want the Irish, Gays, Palestinians eliminated. To imply otherwise is complete madness.

You probably think I'm a right cunt for having a go at you, fair enough, but bigotry costs lives.

40 minutes ago, A Red said:

You probably think I'm a right cunt for having a go at you, fair enough, but bigotry costs lives.

I don't think you're a cunt for having a go. I think you're perfectly within your rights to, especially after I blanket called Unionists bellends. 

I carry equal vitriol for certain nationalists I met over the years too. It's fair to say that the large majority of nationalists have dramatically moved forward and no longer live in the past century. So I'm more acceptable to that worldview. 

If it was up to me I'd abolish nation states, flags etc. We're all of this earth and should be able to walk wherever the fuck we like without someone wanting to see us harmed. 

• Upvote 1