You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: Why I Back Lucas 100%

Lofts

I have a theory- My theory is this- Lucas has a hard time performing infront of our moaning, booing fans and quite frankly who the fuck can blame him?

He always plays better away from home and he's clearly not a shit footballer- OBVIOUSLY its not Rafa's cold stance with the players because as SO MANY "fans" have pointed out, he gets TOO MUCH praise from Rafa.

Hey I have an Idea, stop being shit fans- not that it'll make a fucking difference now with Lucas.

But hey, maybe when Spearing starts getting games you'll remember poor Lucas and put your fucking slaughtering knives away. No wait- Spearing is a reserve level boss of a player- when Rafa, the cunt, finally gives him a chance, he'll be better than Zidane, and the fans will all go back to their Liverpool homes telling tales of Jay, the magical scouse kickass Midfielder.

Who said Spearing would be boss? We just think he should be given a chance over a £6m yes a £6m player who is clearly not up to it.

And yes, whats wrong with Scouse players being given more time than other players? We are a scouse club after all.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who said Spearing would be boss? We just think he should be given a chance over a £6m yes a £6m player who is clearly not up to it.

And yes, whats wrong with Scouse players being given more time than other players? We are a scouse club after all.

Everything is wrong with that. Best players should play, doesn't matter where they are from.

Everything is wrong with that. Best players should play, doesn't matter where they are from.

I dont mean Scouse players should play over anyone else you obviously misunderstood me.

I meant when they play they should get a lot more lee-way than others but hey thats me.

A dying breed it would seem.

I dont mean Scouse players should play over anyone else you obviously misunderstood me.

I meant when they play they should get a lot more lee-way than others but hey thats me.

A dying breed it would seem.

How do you mean they should get more lee-way? From the club/manager or from the fans? I'm not following so.

The fans.

If and when selected i'd give a local player a lot more lee-way rather than a player we have payed massively for who isnt performing or good enough.

I think that is still the case with most fans to be fair. Probably not with the manager.

Towards the end of the second half, I noticed that Carra intercepted the ball in defence and tried to proceed with making a pass out to the right to a free man. However, Lucas took the ball away from Carra and gave the ball away with a really shit pass. Carra was livid and rightly so. Lucas had a shocker today. His stupid free kicks that he keeps giving away are also a problem.

He wasn't on his own in the shocker stakes though.

I'm worried about Torres at the moment. Something just doesn't look right. I don't know what it is, but I'm just going to take the easy way out and put it down to a lack of match fitness.

I'm worried about Torres at the moment. Something just doesn't look right. I don't know what it is, but I'm just going to take the easy way out and put it down to a lack of match fitness.

He's always poor without Gerrard in my opinion, they almost come as a double act in my eyes. You could argue that it's because them two together are on a different planet to all our other attacking players combined.

To be fair Lucas was the only option Rafa had today with Gerrard and Alonso out i have seen nothing that said Plessis or Spearing should be picked ahead of him it is starting to smell a bit like if we lose today its because Lucas is in the team recardless and if he's not playing then it will be don to Rafa being negative

To be fair Lucas was the only option Rafa had today with Gerrard and Alonso out i have seen nothing that said Plessis or Spearing should be picked ahead of him it is starting to smell a bit like if we lose today its because Lucas is in the team recardless and if he's not playing then it will be don to Rafa being negative

I think he should have played Aurelio there mate.

Aurelio is made of Glass mate as much as i like the fella CM isnt the place for him he should have been in place of Dossana but maybe Rafa is trying to keep his price up should he choose to sell in the summer so maybe that was part of it maybe Aurelio has a knock

Well he was fit enough to play seen as he came on. He did a good job against Portsmouth there I thought, and he's a good intelligent player who could have got the play going a bit I think. When we signed Lucas I thought he could do that but I'm genuinely confused as to what type of midfielder he is.

At the moment Lucas's role in the team can be summed up by this song.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFV6RhdsNs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSFV6RhdsNs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

I dont see Lucas has having much of a future here after this season if im honest but he isnt the reason we drew today

Man City up'ed there game against us today compered to recent weeks and when they do that they are a decent side yet we still could have had the game won the mistake of signing Keane over Barry may be the reason we will never know but Keane didnt work here and cash in the bank is worth fuck all

Towards the end of the second half, I noticed that Carra intercepted the ball in defence and tried to proceed with making a pass out to the right to a free man. However, Lucas took the ball away from Carra and gave the ball away with a really shit pass. Carra was livid and rightly so...

I saw that as well.

I also noticed Carra gifted City the ball with a few stray passes.

He is far from poor and I believe he will be a very good midfielder in the very near future don't know if it will be with us or when he is sold. This is exactly how the mancs feel about step-over-sissoko ie Anderson. Patience is needed yet the terraces are screaming out for Spearing who in my view is very average and will be in the John Welsh category very soon.

Agreed , a scapegoat is clearly the reason. Although I'm curious as to why Torres,Reina,Carragher,Skrtel,Gerrard and Xabi are never scapegoats? Funny that.

Because they normally play well, so are given a bit of slack. Lucas and Kuyt are usually poor, so they aren't. Though when either of those two do play ok, people go overboard and say they've put in fantastic performances, so it works in their favour too, albeit rarely.

I am not a matchgoing fan, as I live in another country,so my opinion may not matter as much as others' on here. But I do not see why Lucas is so pilloried. Yes, he has bad games like any other player, but I honestly do not see what was so wrong about him yesterday. He gave away a couple of free kicks due to rash tackles (which in my opinion have started to happen because of the booing, i.e. he wants to show everyone that they are wrong to dismiss him) and had a couple of passes go astray.

He won almost all the headers in midfield - as he almost always does: he times a header to perfection. He tried to involve himself, if you don't risk passes you never break the deadlock. If they fail you look like a git, but if they lead to a goal you are deemed a hero. It's the nature of the game.

But most of the criticism he gets is obtuse and very very unfair. Why don't people criticise Carra for lumping the ball forward more than necessary? Or for palying back passes to Reina when he is in acres of space because he is afraid to hold onto the ball? Why don't we criticise Torres for being selfish and instead of involving the midfielders when he's with his back to the goal, he tries to turn and go through the centre-half and loses the ball and then mouths at the ref for a foul?

I understand that supporting our team is very emotional, but the battering of Lucas and Dossena, to some extent is way beyond ridiculous.

Why Lucas gets stick can be highlighted by the fact the two players he made most passes to yesterday were Carra and Arbeloa and this at home against Man City where he is supposed to be the driving force going forward in CM in the absence of Gerrard and Alonso.

Not good enough,

Lucas, Babel, and to an extent Dossena are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I know it's been a refrain, but after yesterday it bears repeating. They are not good enough, plain and simple. They just suck the life out of every attacking situation they are involved in.

Lucas is a (multimillionaire) child who gives the ball up with so much ease that it's shocking.

Babel is a selfish dumbass who wastes literally minutes of play with his dead-end one-on-three pussyfooting that 9 times out of 10 results in him being stripped shockingly easily.

Dossena seems like he should be good (not sure why, exactly), only he's slow and doesn't create crap.

They do not DESERVE to be at LFC, and anyone who argues "well, Rafa didn't have enough money to buy anyone better" needs to take a look around the league.

Its quite funny how suddenly we are desperate for more scouse players, I can remeber Matteo playing in Ged's first season and he was slaughtered left and right by Liverpool fans, it was once thought that Liverpool fans gave their own players a harder time than others!!

I must admit I quite like Lucas, stuck up for him but I dont think he is improving, as he has played more and more the same mistakes are there. However that doesn't disguise the fact that Liverpool fans have been a disgrace in the way they have treated him, the biggest noise from the Kop yesterday was when they booed his name!!!!

Lucas, Babel, and to an extent Dossena are NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I know it's been a refrain, but after yesterday it bears repeating. They are not good enough, plain and simple. They just suck the life out of every attacking situation they are involved in.

Lucas is a (multimillionaire) child who gives the ball up with so much ease that it's shocking.

Babel is a selfish dumbass who wastes literally minutes of play with his dead-end one-on-three pussyfooting that 9 times out of 10 results in him being stripped shockingly easily.

Dossena seems like he should be good (not sure why, exactly), only he's slow and doesn't create crap.

They do not DESERVE to be at LFC, and anyone who argues "well, Rafa didn't have enough money to buy anyone better" needs to take a look around the league.

I agree to a certain extent that they may not be good enough, but if they are not good enough there are others that should be binned together with them. So my position remains the same, the three players you mentioned get all the shit thrown at them during a match that is going wrong, while others who are on the same level, if not much worse, are applauded for 'playing for the shirt'.

What I see in general is a team lacking cohesion and team-play in the final third. If the movement off the ball and the passing in the final third was good enough, we would not be saying this or that player is not good enough. IMO our main liability has always been running off the ball for years. Sometimes it looks like it's improving but then we revert to type and seem unable to break teams up. All our players want the ball at their feet and that slows the play down.

To me, we shouldn't even be talking about Lucas because he shouldn't even be at LFC in the first place. When we bought him, we needed proven first teamers....we needed finished articles. But we bought him, Babel and all.

I don't blame Lucas or Babel at all. I blame Rafa for wasting so many millions on potential. The problem with these players is they have a "I'm only young and I have just moved to a new country so give me 2 years to prove myself" tag hanging on them. And they came to the club at a time when we were crying out for players who will make a significant difference to the first team. People talk about Utd and Nani/Anderson etc but they were bought by Utd knowing full well that they can afford to give them the time needed to settle down - even if takes 2 to 3 years. Because they have experienced players all around the park to step in when it really matters.

To me, we shouldn't even be talking about Lucas because he shouldn't even be at LFC in the first place. When we bought him, we needed proven first teamers....we needed finished articles. But we bought him, Babel and all.

I don't blame Lucas or Babel at all. I blame Rafa for wasting so many millions on potential. The problem with these players is they have a "I'm only young and I have just moved to a new country so give me 2 years to prove myself" tag hanging on them. And they came to the club at a time when we were crying out for players who will make a significant difference to the first team. People talk about Utd and Nani/Anderson etc but they were bought by Utd knowing full well that they can afford to give them the time needed to settle down - even if takes 2 to 3 years. Because they have experienced players all around the park to step in when it really matters.

complete rubbish, last season we had Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano so why would we need another first teamer? Is that not EXACTLY the same as united with Nani and Anderson? and Babel well I was really hoping he would step up this year, in fact we needed him to step up, he hasnt but to blame that on Rafa for buying him! FFS "Wasting so many millions on potential" what like Torress, Agger, Reina!!!

complete rubbish, last season we had Gerrard, Alonso and Mascherano so why would we need another first teamer? Is that not EXACTLY the same as united with Nani and Anderson? and Babel well I was really hoping he would step up this year, in fact we needed him to step up, he hasnt but to blame that on Rafa for buying him! FFS "Wasting so many millions on potential" what like Torress, Agger, Reina!!!

It is fine you don't agree with me but "complete rubbish" ??

So, tell me, would you be happy if Rafa spunked £17m on two players with "potential" this summer? Or would you prefer him to spend that money on 1 proven player who will make a difference to our first team?