You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: Why I Back Lucas 100%

Lofts

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will you fucking stop it with Kuyt, the entire universe knows your opinion of him.

If you carry on I'll have to name you 'Bradawl' a small boring tool.

I had to use it as an example, its a case of one rule for one and one rule for another. Same with Lucas.

You said people couldn't see what Hamann brought in the grander scale. Did you mean us simpletons can't see what Lucas brings/will bring in the grander scale by making that statement?

I made no judgment. If you wish,as some others do, to interpret it that way that's your call.

I though against the blueshite he had a very good game. But as my dad said on the phone when i spoke to him afterwards, the lad is becoming a liability. He seriously needs to cut out those daft fouls and late lunges because they are costing us big time. Ok, maybe the first was not a booking but he knew fully well he was getting no where near the second, yet he still made the foul. Its unbelievable. I don't mind Rafa coming out and praising certain players when they need it, no one likes to see the fans on a players back. His performances have improved of late, but it's the same mistakes time and time again which he isn't eradicating from his game. Yes, he's young and maybe a bit naive. Stevie used to get sent off all the time when he was a kid making silly tackles (Not that i am for one minute making a comparison ability wise). But he's a Brazilian international, not an inexperienced no mark. He needs to cut this out his game and he'll improve a hell of a lot.

"He is a fantastic player".

That statement is really worrying. Not just because it is total bollocks, but because a player who he rates as a "fantastic player" is not a first choice pick for the team. Rafa is totally losing it, I think they removed his brain when they were removing his kidney stones.

Rafa backs Lucas in public, he gets attacked by people on here for double standards. Is it not possible that Lucas tries hard in training and is working on Rafa's idea's? Robbie Keane didnt and now he is gone. He patently didnt try hard enough to get back into Rafa's plans. Lucas does and Rafa backs him. Nothing wrong here.

Guest Ibetitsme7
I though against the blueshite he had a very good game.

why ?

why would ANYONE think that ?

he did nothing (as usual) above the basic minimum requirement of a professional footballer, at any level, which is to be able to pass the ball 10 yards to your nearest teammate

he tried one long pass to Torres like the one at Newcastle that has apparently made him as a Liverpool player in some people's books (doesn't take much these days does it, one fucking pass) but it was overhit

that's all he did

the rest of it was a litany of fouls, 4 or 5 niggly ones that he was WARNED about before he picked up his first yellow, that got him sent off

I see nothing in there to warrant any suggestion that he had a "very good game" or even a "good game"

the more games he plays, the more this club will edge toward dropping out of the top 4 and losing the manager that chooses to play him. He is literally a liability and he's the only player in the squad that I think genuinely deserves that tag.

Rafa backs Lucas in public, he gets attacked by people on here for double standards. Is it not possible that Lucas tries hard in training and is working on Rafa's idea's? Robbie Keane didnt and now he is gone. He patently didnt try hard enough to get back into Rafa's plans. Lucas does and Rafa backs him. Nothing wrong here.

What makes you say that? Rafa himself said Keane worked hard while he was here and he thanked him for his efforts in his press conference the other day.

And is for impact on the pitch, for as little as Keane did for us in a red shirt you'd struggle to find many people who would say Lucas has contributed more this season.

There is nothing wrong with praising a player but everything wrong with being selective with who you praise.

So praise everyone equally or praise no one at all? Bullshit. Lucas has had a hard week, Rafa decides to back Lucas publically, its not fucking kindergarden.

When Premiership matches are played at Melwood we will be unbeatable. Players should be judged by what they do in competitive matches, not by how hard they run in training.

Players should be judged on a variety of factors including both how they perform in training and how they perform in competitive games.