You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Police are cunts

Malarkey

French police are also cunts. My 76 year old Ma in law got called into a police station the other day and accused of leaving the scene of a car collision. 

She was leaving a supermarket carpark and someone took a photo of her car having allegedly hit someone else car - she didn't. The person who's car she supposedly hit hasn't been in touch or contacted insurance or the police but on the strength of a photo from a concerned citizen and a reg plate they came to her apartment and demanded she go to her local station. 

They read her her rights and insisted that she consented to fingerprints and a photo for their records. She was in bits having never been to a police station in 76 years. Didn't even suggest she got a relative or anyone to go with her and support her. At one point, exhausted, she put her elbows on the officers desk and he told her off. 

Shes still really shaken up over it now. Le cunts. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Paulie Dangerously said:

French police are also cunts. My 76 year old Ma in law got called into a police station the other day and accused of leaving the scene of a car collision. 

She was leaving a supermarket carpark and someone took a photo of her car having allegedly hit someone else car - she didn't. The person who's car she supposedly hit hasn't been in touch or contacted insurance or the police but on the strength of a photo from a concerned citizen and a reg plate they came to her apartment and demanded she go to her local station. 

They read her her rights and insisted that she consented to fingerprints and a photo for their records. She was in bits having never been to a police station in 76 years. Didn't even suggest she got a relative or anyone to go with her and support her. At one point, exhausted, she put her elbows on the officers desk and he told her off. 

Shes still really shaken up over it now. Le cunts. 

Horrible twats 

8 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

She should've complied like Sarah Everard. Especially when they tried to cuff her for a supposed £2 fare dodge.

I think you'll find that she was breaking the law against being black in a built-up area, complete gobshite that she is.

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did that happen?

Is it an arrestable offence?

Are you inadvertently being an apologist for racism, because you're so committed to being the forum's resident contrarian bore?

What the fuck do you mean "did that happen"? Surely you've availed yourself of the facts about what happened before commenting? Surely to goodness.

Yes, fare evasion is an arrestable offence.

Ticket inspectors inspecting tickets is not racist. Happy to help.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

What the fuck do you mean "did that happen"? Surely you've availed yourself of the facts about what happened before commenting? Surely to goodness.

Yes, fare evasion is an arrestable offence.

Ticket inspectors inspecting tickets is not racist. Happy to help.

I have "availed myself" of the relevant facts.

Fare evasion is an arrestable offence.  Having a valid travel pass isn't.

As you know, nobody here is calling the ticket inspectors racist.  

That's exactly the kind of shit that apologists for racism (GB News, Daily Mail, Tory gobshites) always do: when the facts show clear evidence of racism, start flinging nonsense to try to blur the issue and to blame the victim.

For what it's worth, I don't believe you're racist.  Like I say, your misguided commitment to contrarianism makes you act like a cunt on here.

Huge, unpleasant incident which could have been resolved by her showing she had paid when asked. Speaks volumes for the complete disintegration of trust between the BAME community and any form of perceived authority figure in London. 

As a parent, I can't get my head around why the woman would let that situation escalate to the extent it did with her kid there when she had the power to nip it in the bud.

Met gonna Met, give police the chance to be gobshites and they'll take it. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I have "availed myself" of the relevant facts.

Fare evasion is an arrestable offence.  Having a valid travel pass isn't.

As you know, nobody here is calling the ticket inspectors racist.  

That's exactly the kind of shit that apologists for racism (GB News, Daily Mail, Tory gobshites) always do: when the facts show clear evidence of racism, start flinging nonsense to try to blur the issue and to blame the victim.

For what it's worth, I don't believe you're racist.  Like I say, your misguided commitment to contrarianism makes you act like a cunt on here.

You can't be this dense, you just can't.

How is anyone supposed to know if a person has dodged a fare or not if, during a routine ticket inspection, they refuse to show a ticket?

How is it not a relevant fact that a person refused to show a ticket during a routine inspection and got abusive towards staff when asked?

You leap straight to accusations of racism, without any evidence at all of any actual racism having occurred.

7 hours ago, Strontium said:

You can't be this dense, you just can't.

How is anyone supposed to know if a person has dodged a fare or not if, during a routine ticket inspection, they refuse to show a ticket?

How is it not a relevant fact that a person refused to show a ticket during a routine inspection and got abusive towards staff when asked?

You leap straight to accusations of racism, without any evidence at all of any actual racism having occurred.

Jeez, you're tiresome.

Neither of us know what happened at the start of this incident: how she was asked for her ticket or how she responded.  She got off the bus before being asked for her ticket.  At that point, if the person who gets off refuses to show the ticket ("sorry, mate, I'm in a rush", for example) the inspectors - and the plod who are only supposed to be there to prevent trouble - have the discretion to let them go or not. For some people, showing the ticket is no inconvenience: for example, an able-bodied man traveling unaccompanied and unencumbered could pull his pass out of his pocket without breaking stride.  For others - ooh, let's say, a woman with a young child in a buggy, to pick a random example - it's much more of a faff, so the case for exercising the discretion to let her go is clearly stronger.

You leap straight to accusations of her being a gobshite, without any evidence at all of any actual gobshitery taking place.  Similarly, the Met officers in this instance decided that, for some reason, this woman struck them as a wrong'un who was trying to dodge her fare and was therefore fair game not only to insist on seeing her ticket, but for arrest and handcuffs if she refused.  There was just, I don't know, something about her that gave them a gut feeling that she seems like a criminal type.

3 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Jeez, you're tiresome.

Neither of us know what happened at the start of this incident: how she was asked for her ticket or how she responded.  She got off the bus before being asked for her ticket.  At that point, if the person who gets off refuses to show the ticket ("sorry, mate, I'm in a rush", for example) the inspectors - and the plod who are only supposed to be there to prevent trouble - have the discretion to let them go or not. For some people, showing the ticket is no inconvenience: for example, an able-bodied man traveling unaccompanied and unencumbered could pull his pass out of his pocket without breaking stride.  For others - ooh, let's say, a woman with a young child in a buggy, to pick a random example - it's much more of a faff, so the case for exercising the discretion to let her go is clearly stronger.

You leap straight to accusations of her being a gobshite, without any evidence at all of any actual gobshitery taking place.  Similarly, the Met officers in this instance decided that, for some reason, this woman struck them as a wrong'un who was trying to dodge her fare and was therefore fair game not only to insist on seeing her ticket, but for arrest and handcuffs if she refused.  There was just, I don't know, something about her that gave them a gut feeling that she seems like a criminal type.

We have a pretty great idea of what happened, because we've heard from the bus worker what happened.

Unless you think he's not telling the truth, in which case he'll have gone from a valiant worker on the frontline of the strikes to lying racist in a matter of weeks. Your head must spin.

My personal view is that TfL employees have a right to go about their legitimate business without being abused by bolshy customers, and that that applies regardless of the skin colour of anyone involved.

The rules are the rules - if you travel on public transport, and an inspector asks to see your ticket, then you show them your ticket. If you don't like those terms, then don't travel on public transport. It is that simple.

The joke is that if the person in question was white and she was arrested for refusing to show a valid ticket, everyone would be queueing up to call her an entitled Karen. But she wasn't, so you've decided it's a case of racism.

In my book, racism is treating people differently because of the colour of their skin. It's abundantly not the case here.

7 minutes ago, Strontium said:

We have a pretty great idea of what happened, because we've heard from the bus worker what happened.

Unless you think he's not telling the truth, in which case he'll have gone from a valiant worker on the frontline of the strikes to lying racist in a matter of weeks. Your head must spin.

My personal view is that TfL employees have a right to go about their legitimate business without being abused by bolshy customers, and that that applies regardless of the skin colour of anyone involved.

The rules are the rules - if you travel on public transport, and an inspector asks to see your ticket, then you show them your ticket. If you don't like those terms, then don't travel on public transport. It is that simple.

The joke is that if the person in question was white and she was arrested for refusing to show a valid ticket, everyone would be queueing up to call her an entitled Karen. But she wasn't, so you've decided it's a case of racism.

In my book, racism is treating people differently because of the colour of their skin. It's abundantly not the case here.

Go on, then; what did the TfL official say about being abused?

(The "Karen" bit is bullshit, obviously, but that's expected from you.)

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Go on, then; what did the TfL official say about being abused?

(The "Karen" bit is bullshit, obviously, but that's expected from you.)

A bus worker called Joe, who was helping with the fare inspection operation and saw the whole incident, said that he was often subject to fare evaders who become abusive.

He told LBC's Nick Ferrari on Monday: "The inspector told her to please show the pass and she started being abusive to the inspector.

"And when the police asked her to show the pass, she started abusing the police as well. She could have just shown the pass and walked away - and that would have been the end of the matter."

He added: "She committed an offence by failing to show her pass when requested.

"And then the next thing to then verbally abuse the police and inspectors - and that was why she was detained."

The woman did not offer an explanation for why she didn't want to show her pass, the witness said.

He added: "Every single day we are subjected to abuses by people who fail to show their pass or people who fail to pay.

"It is a constant thing - it is a daily occurrence."

Joe said: "We are very concerned about our safety and we are constantly trained about how to deal with situations."

I don't like it either when I have to get my pass out on the bus or the train, but somehow I manage to do it without hurling abuse at long-suffering employees.

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

I'm sure I had a look at your twitter a while back it's it's full of you having a go at Merseyrails twitter account? Or do Merseyrail not count? 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'm sure I had a look at your twitter a while back it's it's full of you having a go at Merseyrails twitter account? Or do Merseyrail not count? 

Merseyrail and Arriva, but mostly Arriva, and amazingly enough, I manage to complain about their poor service without calling them every name under the sun.

41 minutes ago, Strontium said:

He told LBC's Nick Ferrari on Monday: "The inspector told her to please show the pass and she started being abusive to the inspector.

"And when the police asked her to show the pass, she started abusing the police as well. She could have just shown the pass and walked away - and that would have been the end of the matter."

"And then the next thing to then verbally abuse the police and inspectors - and that was why she was detained."

The woman did not offer an explanation for why she didn't want to show her pass, the witness said.

If that's true then that is piss poor parenting. If I had a young kid I wouldn't ever want them to be distressed over an argument about a matter principle. It's also not a great life lesson for your kid for you demonstrate being a cunt to other people. Show them your ticket, seeth quitely, but get your kid home safely.

We don't know what was on her mind at the time or what day she was having, but she had opportunities to avert what happened by just being reasonable to the ticket inspectors in the first place. Not saying the police are entirely blameless but she's contributed to what happened.

58 minutes ago, Strontium said:

A bus worker called Joe, who was helping with the fare inspection operation and saw the whole incident, said that he was often subject to fare evaders who become abusive.

He added: "Every single day we are subjected to abuses by people who fail to show their pass or people who fail to pay.

"It is a constant thing - it is a daily occurrence."

Joe said: "We are very concerned about our safety and we are constantly trained about how to deal with situations."

I don't like it either when I have to get my pass out on the bus or the train, but somehow I manage to do it without hurling abuse at long-suffering employees.

The police say she became abusive to police officers as she was trying to walk away; they described her interactions with the inspector and with a PCSO and didn't mention any abuse.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/police-bodycam-video-mother-bus-fare-evasion-arrest-croydon-b1096571.html

Still, if Joe told Nick Ferrari that she was being abusive, I suppose it must be true.  Lock her up.

1 hour ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The police say she became abusive to police officers as she was trying to walk away; they described her interactions with the inspector and with a PCSO and didn't mention any abuse.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/police-bodycam-video-mother-bus-fare-evasion-arrest-croydon-b1096571.html

Still, if Joe told Nick Ferrari that she was being abusive, I suppose it must be true.  Lock her up.

‘One of our new values is empathy’. Fantastic stuff. Then a dig at Just Stop Oil comes up. Superb journalism.