You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shannon Mathews' Mother and Uncle Found Guilty

Section_31

^^^^^

Hahaha, brilliant. I was pissing myself at that.

The wife was telling me Karen was interviewed last week & called Kate McCan a bad mother? I didn't see / read it & she's right obviously, but those in glass houses & that.

Anyone see the programme on CH5 last night.

Shannon Matthews: What Happened Next

Documentary revealing what happened to the key characters involved in one of Britain's most notorious crimes, which also asks if there is there a new, shocking twist in the tale.

The twist in the tale wasn't exactly shoking but there are some including Julie Bushby who think there's more people involved than just Karen Mathews and Donovan.

Think that Julie Busby needs to take a step back from things. Some of the things she was saying were a little odd. Said she'd like Shannon t pay them a visit as there's people who don't now if she's alive or dead.

https://www.my5.tv/shannon-matthews-what-happened-next/season-1/shannon-matthews-what-happened-next

Did you?

I tell you what, My5 is shite

Julie Bushby, is that her name, came across as an interesting character but beyond that I don't think I learned anything new

That was one of the things I mentioned. I think she needs to take a step back now. I found that comments about wanting the kid to visit them to say hello totally odd. That copper didn't come across as a full shilling either. 

That was one of the things I mentioned. I think she needs to take a step back now. I found that comments about wanting the kid to visit them to say hello totally odd. That copper didn't come across as a full shilling either.

Apologies. I'm not really on the ball today. I've just found your comments.

Yeah, she seems totally consumed by what happened.

That comment about Shannon getting back in touch was just daft. Most people , especially kids, just get on with their lives when a member of their community moves on

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

This is outstanding.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/shameless-karen-matthews-new-low-12446931

Shameless Karen Matthews in new low as she 'scams charity sandwiches meant to be donated to homeless'

EXCLUSIVE: Karen who was jailed after she faked her daughter Shannon's kidnap allegedly sells donated food to people living on the street

Kidnap shame mum Karen Matthews is suspected of a charity scam which rips off the homeless.

Matthews, 43, has been targeting homeless people in a charity scam which sinks to new depths, it has been claimed.

The woman who faked her daughter’s kidnap allegedly sells donated food to people living on the street.

She regularly visits a Pret A Manger store and is given unsold sandwiches on the understanding she takes them to a soup kitchen.

But after loading the grub into bags and a trolley, she is said to have been selling what she can to the homeless – then stuffing the rest in her fridge.

Pals said mum-of-seven Matthews, 43, flogged grub to beggars because THEY were “wrong ’uns”.

A source said: “Karen is shameless – she just doesn’t see that it’s wrong. She says the staff at Pret let her pick up the unsold stock at the end of their shifts on the understanding she takes it to charity. But she has seen a way of lining her pockets.

“It’s all part of the way she lives her life. Even though she has been in prison she still sees herself as above the homeless people she is scamming because she has a nice flat, a plasma screen TV and a much better existence than them.”

The source said Matthews doesn’t like Pret wraps and sarnies but kept them in the fridge of her state-funded flat because it made her look “posh”.

Matthews – jailed in 2008 after a 24-day hunt for missing daughter Shannon, nine – even boasted about sending pictures of the snacks to pals.

When we approached her she refused to comment on whether she had sold the donated goods on for profit. Of Pret, she said: “I don’t get them from there.”

Yet our reporters witnessed her entering the cafe after closing time on two occasions, later leaving with a loaded trolley and full carrier bags.