You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham vs Liverpool prematch 1/11/08

JoeyKop

I know it sounds bad but this defeat could be good for us. We might start playing better now.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"99% of women kiss with their eyes closed - which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist." - Jimmy Carr ...

Brilliant. Lest loose ALL our matches and then we can win the Carling fucking Cup. Christ. Now a defeat in the league is good for us? I fucking despair.

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also, that second half once Keane went off was appalling. Babel was wank upfront and we completely lost our way.

to be fair he got no service whats so bloody ever, Gerrard was no where to be seen all game, his worst performance since, eh, last week

it just wasnt our day, whenever you hit the post/crossbar, you just know its not going to happen

the sooner torres is back the better though, because we simply arent scoring enough, we`ve only scored 16 goals, both spurs and Newcastle have more than that, for second in the premiership ,thats really not good enough, we where a bit arsenalesque there tonight, trying to pass the ball into the net, there was times when Keane, Gerrard and Alonso should have just had a crack, but instead fluted about

fuck it, its only 1 result, annoying with the fact we beat thye chavs last week, but no too bad that we`re still level points

I don't think the substitutions helped us at all either. Keane was far from amazing whilst on the pitch but Babel reverted to his shit-bag state when he came on and offered absolutely nothing. It was the same with Benayoun.

Substitutions are supposed to come on and positively influence the game, ours didn't and theirs did.

As for the winning goal, I thought Dossena didn't get close enough to whoever pulled the ball back for Pavlyuchenko - it was a very half-hearted effort.

At the end of the day though, if we put the ball in the back of the fucking net then all of that becomes irrelevant. Obviously the players didn't miss the chances on purpose, but still some of them were really guilt-edged.

So frustrating...

This is what happens when you don't finish teams off, how many times have Liverpool given us tense moments because of a lack of killer instinct when on top of games? hopefully we'll bounce back in style and rattle off a number of consecutive victories.

Fucking horrible. spose our luck had to run out at some point , i mean the amount of wins weve snatched we were gonna get shafted at some point although it could easily of been avoided.

Weve really got to start killing games off, i cant remember a game this season where its game over at 45-60 minutes, just look at what them chavs are doing pretty scary really.

Weve just got to press on and forget this game asap, lots of winnable games coming up.

Torres cant come back soon enough and hopefully he stays fit from now on in.

well our complacency cost us today,1-0 up , how many times from then on did we try & test their keeper, who has been dodgy all season, then Carra's own goal, well he has saved us more than he's cost us in the past,their head's went up our's dropped

I don't think the substitutions helped us at all either. Keane was far from amazing whilst on the pitch but Babel reverted to his shit-bag state when he came on and offered absolutely nothing. It was the same with Benayoun.

Substitutions are supposed to come on and positively influence the game, ours didn't and theirs did.

I'm really fucked off with Rafa with the subs. Are Riera and Keane incapable of playing 90 mins? Both were very decent. Why change it for changes sake?

Babel and Benny did fuck all.

Brilliant. Lest loose ALL our matches and then we can win the Carling fucking Cup. Christ. Now a defeat in the league is good for us? I fucking despair.

You don't understand what i'm saying. I'm saying it might give us that kick up the arse what we have needed. Our response to that loss will be huge.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"99% of women kiss with their eyes closed - which is why it's so difficult to identify a rapist." - Jimmy Carr ...

Completely fucking gutted. I was raving about Keane not long ago aswell, but now it's starting to really sink in how wrong I was. He can still be a great player, but he's having a really bad time for us in the league when it comes to attacking.

The worst bit about that was the fucking long range shots we had on goal in the second half instead of trying to thread a ball through to Babel, but maybe he wasn't positioned in a decent place at those times, fuck knows. It was seriously fucking annoying how nobody managed to get a proper ball to him though, because he could've probably won this for us if he'd had the chance.

We hit the post/crossbar 3 times though didn't we? When you remember that it just goes to show how our recent luck has been seriously balanced out in that game. I'm putting it down to one of those days instead of all the doom and gloom shit though, it's just one match, so having a big dramafest about it seems fucking worthless.

And to those who say we got beat by a bottom of the league side, well they're nowhere fucking near a bottom of the league side with Redknapp there now so that means fuck all. Bring on West Brom. If we fuck up against them THEN it's maybe doom and gloom, but right now it's just one defeat against a side that are starting to look a lot better with a new manager. Their current league position means nothing.

Well Im sorry but thats what you get when you build a team that just has a hard work ethic. This has been a result just waiting to come and get us.

We've got out of jail too many times this season and wednesday just took that one step further. Reminds me of the season under Houllier when we were picking up points without playing well. Someone said, 'what if this is as good as it gets?'

Im sorry but agger doesnt look good to me and the sooner marty's back (Christmas!?) the better. agger may be better going forward but he's in the team as a defender, so look like you can defend eh? Jay rarely puts a foot wrong but an og can happen to anyone. Bottom line in all this is if you dont take your chances...............

We've got some games coming up we should win. They are all 'must wins' now. Every one of them.

Guest davelfc

Fecking disgrace, absolutely pathetic display (collapse). But we all knew one was coming. You can't blame the ref for this but as I said earlier, he's a cunt.

The most annoying thing about this game was we were completely in control, should have walked away with it. We could have scored a hatfull in the first few minutes. In the end we looked shaky and started to panic. I wasn't surprised they scored one and really I fully expected the second. You could tell when the camera went to the bench that Rafa knew it too, he was just sat there cleaning the rain of his glasses.

Some might say we've been due our luck to run out and many expected it to run out a lot earlier. Some might point to us always having a poor november. I'm just trying to work out how a team played so well against chelsea and so poorly against spurs today. One week ago who would have thought we'd have beaten chelsea but been beaten by spurs?

The key here will be how we react to this. You judge teams with title aspirations on how they bounce back. This isn't the end of the world, this isn't the end of our title challenge. It's a defeat that we thought we were going to get against Boro, the mancs, man city or even wigan, but didn't.

On Wednesday we looked to be getting one point but got three, today we looked to be getting three but got none. Shit happens.

Let's beat Madrid on Tuesday and get qualified for the knock out stages of the CL early. We've got Torres to come back, a home game against West Brom and it's onwwards and upwards from there.