You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where do you think Liverpool will finish in the upcoming season??

Red Spartan

Where do you think Liverpool will finish in the upcoming season??  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think Liverpool will finish in the upcoming season??

• 1st (Winners)
    • 2nd (Title Contenders)
    • 3rd (Vote only if you think that Liverpool will not finish in the top 2)
    • 4th
    • Outside the top 4

A lot of talk is going on regarding to the finishing postion of Liverpool in upcoming season. Some are pessimistic enough to state that we will finish no more than fourth or third.

The more optimistic fans say that we will finish second whilst a small majority actually think that Liverpool will push either United or Chealse all the way to May for the title.

Now I know that there is a good chance that Liverpool might not win the title but in the pool I have given a variety of options including winning the title. As another option I have put second, third, fourth or outside the top four.

What you need to take into consideration to your answer is the tranfers, the depth of the squad, the quality of the players on the field and the bench and Benitez tactics and rotation policies.

As an added note just take a moment and look at United, Chealse and Arsenal squads and estimate how strong they are to relation to us then make up the finishing positons of the top 4.

Personally I think it will look something like this:

1. Man United

2. Liverpool

3. Chealse

4. Arsenal (if not then Tottenham or Portsmouth)

P.S: I make this assumptions basing on the fact that Barry will make his transfer later on this week.

P.P.S: If Reira was to come my finishing top three will be Liverpool, United and Chealse.

Top. I do say this every year but don't mind being wrong.

It is always better to dream than bitch.

A lot depends on what happens with our rivals as well as any transfer activity injuries etc so it's hard to say without a crystal ball but I have faith in the squad and manager.

By the way the other teams have rotation just as much as we do.

Top. I do say this every year but don't mind being wrong.

It is always better to dream than bitch.

A lot depends on what happens with our rivals as well as any transfer activity injuries etc so it's hard to say without a crystal ball but I have faith in the squad and manager.

By the way the other teams have rotation just as much as we do.

True but I say rotation because a lot of people in here beleive that is the rotation policy adapted by Rafa that cost us losing ground on our rivals mid-way through the season.

I dont agree with this but I am here to argue that. I put up there as a factor that could influence the final standing positon of the team.

I voted 3rd. I think the spine of our team is very strong & as good as any of our title rivals, but we lack quality in the wide areas which is where Man United and Chelsea have the edge over us. A top quality playmaker out wide would make a real difference.

I refuse to play.

You're obviously jinxing our fucking chances. Stop this rot. Let's shut up, and laugh at the end hopefully. Lock(-ed, if I was a mod).

Oh, and to prove my point, I'll say in the top four, just to piss everyone off.

I refuse to play.

You're obviously jinxing our fucking chances. Stop this rot. Let's shut up, and laugh at the end hopefully. Lock(-ed, if I was a mod).

Oh, and to prove my point, I'll say in the top four, just to piss everyone off.

I said 3rd by the way but if we play the Kids we will win everything.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I start EVERY season thinking/hoping we'll win the league, (the optimism is usually killed off in the first couple of months though). I'm old enough to remember the years when it seemed like we did win it nearly every season, so that's why.

I've been asking the same question in work,all the blue shite say we're mad for thinking we'll win it, all I reply is "no ambition". Seriously, if you don't think we start off with a chance of winning the league, why fucking bother?

As for the shithouse who said outside the top 4, own up you wanker, who are you? Obviously you're a closet bluenose!!!

heart says 1st, and so does the head, im absolutly convinced we`ll win the league this year, i reckon we`ll beat the mancs when we play them, i know its fairly early in the season, and that`l send shockw aves through the rpemiership, after that, we`ll go on to trounce everyone in our path, and we`ll be like a scouse tidal wave across the england, i really do think we`re going to win the league this year, ive never felt so confident in all my adult life :thumbup:

Second. And I'm an optimist.

I hope we'll win the league but the poll doesn't ask that. I think we're still a season away from a truly serious challenge but moving in the right direction. As always, it's hard to judge before the transfer window closes - I wouldn't bet without knowing my hand.

As opposed to voting 3rd if you think we will win the league. Why would anyone vote for third if they thought something else anyway?

Just emphasizing that if you do vote for third that you are absolutely certain that comning second is not a viable outcome.

And who the hell voted for outside the top 4??

• 2 weeks later...