You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I thought it was OK. Some of the clubs are decent but I was a bit pissed off how blatantly they rip you off if they suspect that you are not Dutch... e.g. when I was in Chemistry they made up the prices and put the money in a draw, not a till.

I found the redlight district pretty seedy and the constant drug pushers around there don't take no for an answer. We had one guy follow us for half a mile; Prague is much better imo.

I've been there a few times and had wildly varying experiences.

First time I went for a week on a residential field trip with Uni in spring. I had an ace time, enjoyed the city very much and toured some of the wider districts out side of the centrum. Also took in Utrecht, Delph and Rotterdam too. I really like The Netherlands as a country and the relaxedness of it all. I went to some ace museums, building projects, Anne Frank's hidy hole type House and other stuff. As it was spring it was a bit quieter and that really upped the enjoyment factor for me.

Last time I went, we had a much more dam experience etc. for a stag do in Mid Summer. While I had a great time I have to say the sleaziness of the place and loads of British beer boys (alright I can't moan I was doing the same) really put me off the city.

A great city, lots to do and distract you outside of the sex, drugs and drinking. But if thats your thing its good for that too.

I've been there a few times and had wildly varying experiences.

First time I went for a week on a residential field trip with Uni in spring. I had an ace time, enjoyed the city very much and toured some of the wider districts out side of the centrum. Also took in Utrecht, Delph and Rotterdam too. I really like The Netherlands as a country and the relaxedness of it all. I went to some ace museums, building projects, Anne Frank's hidy hole type House and other stuff. As it was spring it was a bit quieter and that really upped the enjoyment factor for me.

Last time I went, we had a much more dam experience etc. for a stag do in Mid Summer. While I had a great time I have to say the sleaziness of the place and loads of British beer boys (alright I can't moan I was doing the same) really put me off the city.

A great city, lots to do and distract you outside of the sex, drugs and drinking. But if thats your thing its good for that too.

Its a great city,i only had a look at the redlight district,it was alri,i was with my old man so i wouldnt do anything,we were with me dads mate so he knew where to go,he brought us to this bar that was owned by a ajax fan and the only words he knew in english were You Fucking bastard,good city

Its a great city,i only had a look at the red light district,it was alri,i was with my old man so i wouldnt do anything,we were with me dads mate so he knew where to go,he brought us to this bar that was owned by a ajax fan and the only words he knew in english were You Fucking bastard,good city

I had a good look about the red light district, but desisted from indulging. Paying for used rat off some old Tom is not my thing, some of the lads did mind. I have a few storeys that would put hair on your chest, but the classic what goes on tour stay on tour motto prevails. (although as a teaser one of the lads had a suck treat of a gummy dwarf).

I think the Red light District has been scaled down in recent years. On the field trip we had a presentation about the history and development of the Red light district; its got quite a chequered history as you'd imagine. We got told about the licensing system, you should see the rules the Prostitutes have to abide by. Theres all kinds of regulations on health and safety eg. finger nail length, washing, health screening, regular inspections etc; comforting if you want to partake in that type of thing I suppose.

Edit:

good bawdy drinking is here Amsterdam.info - Leidseplein Amsterdam

We stayed here first time round and it was a good base Amsterdam.info » Tourist attractions » Rembrandtplein Amsterdam

I was there a few weeks back at a stag. Ate cake for my breakfast on the saturday and sunday and went to find the Heineken museum. Never found it. Shit load of bikes there mind, I can still hear the bells.

The brewery tour is closed for a refurb, it re-opens some time this summer. I went years ago and its been refurbed a few times since now. When I went they had a 3D cinema ride following the bottling process. Oh yes and a free lager when you finished.

Probably the third best brewery tour I have ever done.

The brewery tour is closed for a refurb, it re-opens some time this summer. I went years ago and its been refurbed a few times since now. When I went they had a 3D cinema ride following the bottling process. Oh yes and a free lager when you finished.

Probably the third best brewery tour I have ever done.

yeh we were going to it,but we found out it was closed down,its suppoesed to be even better once they open it again.

• 1 year later...