You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank Ribery anyone?

GRADY

a £30m player is not out of our price range if Rafa wants to spend on 1 player

obviously whether Rafa does understand that spending on 1 world class player is better than wasting it on 5 average/rubbish ones is something that is undecided

also buying Aguero or Villa would only work if Gerrard was moved to the right wing

something Rafa didn't do when we bought Keane so I am not holding my breath with that one

but that is where I would play Gerrard

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how many games is it since zaki has scored? I remember when madrid were rumoured to be after him now he couldn't hit a ripple on lampards arse

i think he is a bit shit but i reckon he is a rafa player. Also kenwyne Jones started out as a centre back!

I reckon those i mentioned are the kind of players rafa will go for but i hope someone gets through to him and we go for two top match winners to help out gerrard and torres, we can get by with the rest of the team and although i think there are a few positions that need strengthening i think we have a base now and should leave the squad players alone unless they are free or very cheap. 1 to 2 decent players a year from now on please!

On our current budget if Benitez tries to solve all these areas, just as he did last summer then we'll more likely solve no areas.

Just get one more match winner who can help us turn these draws against the weaker teams into wins and to help Torres / Gerrard.

spot on

• 2 years later...

I wouldn't say no. probably be a good price, but I do worry about the millions of ace french players who just fail hugely over here.

Isn't he about to go to jail forever for shagging prostitute children or something though, anyway?

I wouldn't say no. probably be a good price, but I do worry about the millions of ace french players who just fail hugely over here.

Isn't he about to go to jail forever for shagging prostitute children or something though, anyway?

That was about a year ago, I'd always assumed he'd gotten off on account of the tried and tested "I'm a rich footballer so can do whatever the fuck I like" defence.

Like Henry, Vieira, Pires, Makalele, Desailly, Petit, Cantona, Evra, etc?

It's shit players that fail Tom. Doesn't matter where they come from.

He was top class there for a season or two but has been utterly shit since then. One of those players that thinks he owns the pitch, just goes where he wants, loses the ball constantly, and doesn't work to get it back. Which you can get away with whe youre Ronaldo, but not when you're being shit.

One to avoid most definitely.

Best French duelling scar since D'Artagnan.

Was he not supposed to be one of the main problems with harmony in the French squad, bullying some of the younger lads. He'd love all that ear-flicking at Melwood & would have Lucas's dinner money the first morning.