You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Frank Ribery anyone?

GRADY

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not posted this sort of thing before but my mate who has contacts at the club has said we are signing Ribery and it is immenent.

May look like bullshit and if it doesnt happen I apologise and I will never trust "my mate" again!

Dont know how much money etc so cant comment on that but apparently its a done deal.

Repped for use of the work imminent, and only for the use of the word imminent.

I

M

M

I

N

E

N

T

BELIEVE

Babel at £10.5 million, and Lucas at £8 million ar not 'squad' players. And they've both done well, going straight into the first team.

Babel was a squad player till we changed the system and so far has been unconvincing and lacks stamina. Lucas is a squad player. Benny is a squad player.

If given the choice bewteen all 3 and Ribery, I'd take Ribery every time. We need top quality.

Babel is going to be a star for us. He is finding his feet more and more and once the consistency comes in, we will have a superb player who can fill any position in our forward 3. he has already shown some excellant play and the dummy for the Derby goal is a sign of things to come.

Babel was a squad player till we changed the system and so far has been unconvincing and lacks stamina. Lucas is a squad player. Benny is a squad player.

If given the choice bewteen all 3 and Ribery, I'd take Ribery every time. We need top quality.

Gotta laugh at that. Lucas and Babel both 20/21 in their first seasons in the premiership. Babel scores 10 emerging from a bench sitter to match starter,

Lucas fills in for a tired/injured Xabi and fits in easily after a few games. Also changes the game in the Derby and holds his own in the Italian champions back door. Also provides about 5 assists.

Fans these days. Unbelievable.

Repped for use of the work imminent, and only for the use of the word imminent.

I

M

M

I

N

E

N

T

BELIEVE

If we signed Ribery and no other player this summer id be very happy indeed, we´d have 4 quality players in our front 6 instead of 3

One player like that every summer would defo send us in the write direction

Unfortunately with Rafa and the present board I dont see it happening

Babel is going to be a star for us. He is finding his feet more and more and once the consistency comes in, we will have a superb player who can fill any position in our forward 3. he has already shown some excellant play and the dummy for the Derby goal is a sign of things to come.

If we sign anyone decent for the flanks he´ll struggle to make the team but i like your positivity.

Babel is a striker IMO and never a winger and like Kuyt doesnt have the technical abillity to trap and pass a football in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 to play in the wide areas and both are very much hit and miss IMO

Gotta laugh at that. Lucas and Babel both 20/21 in their first seasons in the premiership. Babel scores 10 emerging from a bench sitter to match starter,

Lucas fills in for a tired/injured Xabi and fits in easily after a few games. Also changes the game in the Derby and holds his own in the Italian champions back door. Also provides about 5 assists.

Fans these days. Unbelievable.

Its a game of opinions, for me the jury is out on both of them. I don't think Babel can control the ball, and thats just something you have or you don't. I think he does look better as a straight up centre forward. Maybe they will both blossom into top class players but personally I'd rather have one world class winger in a position where we are desparetly short.

If we signed Ribery and no other player this summer id be very happy indeed, we´d have 4 quality players in our front 6 instead of 3

One player like that every summer would defo send us in the write direction

Unfortunately with Rafa and the present board I dont see it happening

spot on. I definitely think we have a squad capable of winning the premier league, right now we just lack a bit of quality in the starting eleven. The money we're meant to be paying for guys like barry (who are very good premier league players admittedly) would be better invested in players like ribery, villa etc.

£20m Ribery next on list for boss-less Blues

EXCLUSIVE

By Paul Smith 8/06/2008

Chelsea may not have a manager but they have tabled a £20million bid for Bayern Munich midfield star Franck Ribery.

Ribery is a key man in the France squad at the Euro 2008 finals, so there will be no quick conclusion to Chelsea's interest.

But the approach to Bayern emphasises that the Blues' hierarchy want to improve their squad - despite not having a boss in place.

Just before dismissing Avram Grant the club announced the recruitment of £16.5m Jose Bosingwa from Porto to fill Chelsea's problem right-back slot.

Advertisement

Now the Blues want to add Ribery's skill and invention to midfield. He can operate in a central role or on the flank. Ribery's arrival will place a huge question mark over the future of his international team-mate Florent Malouda, who completed a £13m move to Stamford Bridge from Lyon last summer but has failed to impress.

It has not gone unnoticed at the club that while Malouda has struggled in Chelsea blue he has produced some impressive performances at international level.

Ribery only joined Bayern from Marseille 12 months ago. And, for all their wealth, the Blues may not find it so easy to prise Ribery away from the German Champions who beat off opposition from Spanish giants Real Madrid to land his signature.

Bayern paid £17.5m for Ribery and a further £3m after qualifying for the Champions League.