You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foreign superstar excitement

Remmie

As I watch virtually no continental league football, I have no idea who is the shit or just shit. Philip Lahm (I remember him well from Germany 06) aside, I don't really know who I would/should be excited by. So give me a name to follow closely that is quite new on the scene (I understand Mr Quaresma san is quite well rated by some)

I like the sound of Pato, is he known as 'Banton' to his friends?

Worth twelfty-eleven million euros or what?

I think Milan paid €16m for him when he was 16. And I have no idea what his nickname is, maybe wikipedia does?

People judge a player on the club he plays/played for first then decide if he's good enough.

If we'd been linked to Valencia straight from Villareal instead of via Wigan people would have been far more excited.

There is some truth in that.

People judge a player on the club he plays/played for first then decide if he's good enough.

If we'd been linked to Valencia straight from Villareal instead of via Wigan people would have been far more excited.

I applaud wigan for buying in la liga, as you know i advocate that teams such as wigan, especially, should not buying shite off each other and should recruit foreigners, as for Liverpool the bar is slightly higher and we must be careful

Guest TK-421
Pato IS his nickname. It means duck.

What's his real name then?

Daffy or Donald?

Like Donald Duck in the Megadrive classic Quackshot.

Guest TK-421
Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva according to Wikipedia

It also says he was born in Pato Branco, maybe that has something to do with it?

Indeed it does:-

"He adopted the nickname Alexandre Pato ("Alex the Duck"), after the city where he was born."

His nickname is the Duck.

I bet he will be a quacking signing for Milan.

Get it? Cracking-Quacking

*leaves and plans never to return to this thread (for about 10 minutes)*