You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Vote for a Blondie tune

Redder Lurtz

Best track?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Best track?

• 2 years later...
Every year or so I re-fall in love with Debbie Harry. Just did again. I could look at her all day long.

I know what you mean. Stunning. Lots of varied looks too. I love her in this vid...

[YOUTUBE]KXewIR7Y7cc[/YOUTUBE]

Going to see them in august. See if the old birds still got it.

She hasn't.

I know she didn't used to move much anyway, but she was static when I saw them last year. Rheumatic static.

I'd go for:

The Hardest Part

Atomic

Heart of Glass

Great, great band. Clem Burke is worth the entrance fee alone.

Going to see them in august. See if the old birds still got it.

Camp bestival? (ok that's the last weekend in July, but close enough)

We see them then.

I saw Newton Faulkner on the line up the other week, excitedly announced to the kids he was there; my youngest daughter burst into tears thinking Blondie wasn't turning up.

Pretty Baby on Parallel Lines

This, but as it's not on the poll I voted Union City Blue for one of the greatest intros imaginable.

As for Parallel Lines, possibly my favourite album ever.

• 3 weeks later...
Camp bestival? (ok that's the last weekend in July, but close enough)

We see them then.

I saw Newton Faulkner on the line up the other week, excitedly announced to the kids he was there; my youngest daughter burst into tears thinking Blondie wasn't turning up.

Were going to kendal calling the week after.

• 2 years later...

1. Dreaming

2. Hanging on the telephone

3. Union City Blue

Great band and Debbie Harry was probably the sexiest woman on the planet when they were at their peak.

Oh and have a great night Champ! My friend saw them in Dublin last week and said they were excellent

Seen them a fortnight ago. Still ace. They fucked up Maria at the start and endind up pissing themselves laughing before restarting properly.

The young guitarist they've got with them is a darn good player.

Enjoy.

'Dreaming' for me. One of the greatest singles of all-time... as are 'Heart Of Glass', 'Union City Blue' and 'Hanging On The Telephone' but there's something about 'Dreaming' that's just absolutely perfect.

Sunday Girl is the most evocative Blondie song for me.

I can honestly, still vividly remember hearing that song on the radio every morning when I was about 8, waking up to it, my Ma in the kitchen, buttered crumpets for brekky. Big smile on my face, off to school with a spring in my step and that song in my heart.

Forgive my self indulgence (!), but even today Sunday Girl still makes me smile like a dippy kid. Just a perfect pop song. Love it.