You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Work - Life Balance

Section_31

Boss: This afternoon Colin I'd like you to go for a walk around Bristol and get to know where the courts are, the alcohol and drug services and sexual health clinic is'.

Me: ok.*

*Early finish and xhamster this afternoon then.

Your new enthusiasm for work didn't last long, then?

Boss: This afternoon Colin I'd like you to go for a walk around Bristol and get to know where the courts are, the alcohol and drug services and sexual health clinic is'.

Me: ok.*

*Early finish and xhamster this afternoon then.

boss: how did it go yesterday Colin?

Colin: well I found out where all the alcoholics go. Shame they don't do Thatcher's on tap. Could only get Stowford

• Upvote 2

My life for the past 3 months has comprised of :

Work - hospital - home / bed - repeat.

Went to see my doc this week and he wanted to give me a sick note. I refused. Considering what many other people are going though (on this very forum), and what Ste Gandy endured, and with the dignity he did, I count myself lucky. Very lucky.

Just feeling a bit low atm, but nothing a few good night's sleep won't sort out. Still life in this old bastard yet.

• Upvote 4

Sometimes is easier for us that are sick and being looked after than those who are stuck with the worry and stresses of looking after us. Might be worth taking the time the doctor offers,spend the time on yourself and just do whatever you enjoy to relieve the stress.

Keep well mate

• Upvote 3

Sometimes is easier for us that are sick and being looked after than those who are stuck with the worry and stresses of looking after us. Might be worth taking the time the doctor offers,spend the time on yourself and just do whatever you enjoy to relieve the stress.

Keep well mate

Cheers Lee. You've been an inspiration to many of us mate. Great to hear you're on the mend.

You're thought mean a lot, but I'll be ok. Just need a fucking good holiday mate.

I've been on both sides mate, been the full time carer and had the breakdown and needed help from the bird to help me come out the other side.

Whilst I don't know the full story re: your mam I wouldn't patronise you and pretend I do, but you can only look after her if you're looking after yourself pal.

• Upvote 1

What all of the others have said.

Lee, if your GP's offering to sign you off for a week or so that tells me s/he recognises the strain you're under and is offering this to help. Maybe the 'fucking good holiday' isnt an option at the moment but you are being offered a break from something that's putting a squeeze on everything else that's going on at the moment.

Put it this way, (my barometer in difficult situations) what's the worst that could happen?

From the outside we can all see there are a lot of benefits to be gained.

Think about it x

My life for the past 3 months has comprised of :

Work - hospital - home / bed - repeat.

Went to see my doc this week and he wanted to give me a sick note. I refused. Considering what many other people are going though (on this very forum), and what Ste Gandy endured, and with the dignity he did, I count myself lucky. Very lucky.

Just feeling a bit low atm, but nothing a few good night's sleep won't sort out. Still life in this old bastard yet.

Yo CD. Talk about it mate.

Just because Steve's illness was physical doesn't mean you ain't suffering bro.

There is a lot that goes on upstairs blmate and just because we are men we tell ourselves that we should be able to cope when sometimes, guess what we can't. Drop me a PM dude and I'm sincerely offering some companionship. Don't go through anything alone. Don't feel alone, if this forum has taught me anything, through adversity we are never alone. Apart from CT

• Upvote 1

Struggling to imagine anything that would be worse than a PM exchange with Fowlers God discussing mental health.

I don't know, I think it could be a good thing. I can imagine coming out of that exchange thinking along the lines of ' there's always someone worse off than me '

• Upvote 2