You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A very special invitation, Saturday 15th March

Sons of Shankly

Spirit Of Shankly cordially invites every Liverpool Supporter to come to

our meeting on the day of the Reading game.

We're inviting one in particular. Can someone please get this message to

our Honorary Life President, David Moores? We'd like to give him the

opportunity to speak to the people he represents on the board of

Liverpool FC: The Supporters.

This invitation has been offered after we were inundated with requests

from supporters to find out what Mr Moores thinks of the present

situation surrounding our football club, what has gone on in the past

and what the future holds for us. At the moment a lot of fans are unsure

and uncertain, causing great worry and anger. Our members have requested

this invitation so they can hear from the very person who has been put

in his position to help respect and preserve the traditions and values

of Liverpool Football Club. The majority of supporters are unhappy at

how club affairs have been conducted and would like answers. We would be

very grateful to have the opportunity to have our board room

representation come and answer our concerns and show us how he envisages

the club moving forward. David Moores has always been one of us. We'd

like to speak to him; we'd love him to speak to us.

We want to hear more from every Red as well. There's a fortnight between

today and this meeting. Any ideas, suggestions or questions are welcome.

Get them prepared. We're going to be in touch about a few other issues

between now and then.

Let your voice be heard. Saturday 15th March. Noon. Reading come to

Anfield. You should come to The Olympia.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
No but getting the word out into the public eye viaevery outlet that he has been invited helps apply some pressure, no?

Correct

The man likes to be seen as a man of the people

Time for him to prove it

Moores time will come, IMO we still need to get the message across to Hicks that he's not welcome and his position here is untenable. The protest and boycott were great but there's been nothing since then. It should be happening every home game, escalatign in numbers and ferocity the longer he stays here. The cunt needs to know the level of hate we feel about him.

Moores time will come, IMO we still need to get the message across to Hicks that he's not welcome and his position here is untenable. The protest and boycott were great but there's been nothing since then. It should be happening every home game, escalatign in numbers and ferocity the longer he stays here. The cunt needs to know the level of hate we feel about him.

There was a meeting at the Olympia before the home game with Barnsley. This is a repeat of that exercise - and gives the committee a chance to let people know what the current status is and allows people the chance to have their say and share ideas about the way forward.

This invitation is not about taking David Moores to task - but right now he supposedly represents us all on the board in his position of Life President. He is there to represent the voice of the Liverpool way. There is only so much you can do with direct action and after match demos (there has now been 3, not 1). This is another line of attack - try to speak to the man who represents us on the board. A man who does have a direct line to Hicks. A man who likes to see himself as "one of us". Well this is his chance to prove it and show his colours. If he doesn't take it, it just adds to the pressure in and around the board. To win the war, we need to win as many small battles as we can. This is just another small battle.

I agree with Maldini completely, we should be going after Hicks before we even think about starting on anyone else at the club. If you've got cancer you don't get your unsightly warts removed first.

Read my last post. This is not about "going after" Moores. This is about the man who is supposed to represent the regular fan on the board speaking to the fans. Letting his voice be heard. Letting us know we have someone fighting our corner in the boardroom. If he doesn't take it - well that becomes another matter - but right now he is supposed to be the link between the traditions of our club and the owners. We have to apply pressure on Hicks from all angles - who know, Moores may actually come and help us. He should at least be given the opportunity to do his job as Life President. If he doesn't take it - well that's another matter. But this is not about getting the man to come for a lynching.

Read my last post. This is not about "going after" Moores. This is about the man who is supposed to represent the regular fan on the board speaking to the fans. Letting his voice be heard. Letting us know we have someone fighting our corner in the boardroom. If he doesn't take it - well that becomes another matter - but right now he is supposed to be the link between the traditions of our club and the owners. We have to apply pressure on Hicks from all angles - who know, Moores may actually come and help us. He should at least be given the opportunity to do his job as Life President. If he doesn't take it - well that's another matter. But this is not about getting the man to come for a lynching.

If you say so, but it's difficult to square that with the previous thread by Sons of Shankly which constituted an outright attack on Moores.

I have support for the general aims of SoS but I feel they are fighting too many fronts too early and it's, perhaps, diluting their efficacy. We should be focussing all of our energy on ridding of Gillett and Hicks. We should be arranging protests, promoting these protests but from the outside looking in, this aspect appears haphazard, the last two protests haven't had very high numbers and the notice to protest was given only a matter of days before a game. I've said this before but these protests should be arranged weeks in advance, regardless of who is going to be there. I believe it is vital to focus the aims of the group whilst it's still in it's embryonic phase, doing otherwise will probably lead to impotence and the group will die. Primarily because it won't achieve its aims. If a group focus its efforts on one or two areas, achievies its aims then people will gain confidence in the movement but if things are spread too thinly, people will lose faith.

If Moores were to come out and admit he dropped a bollock and that he is trying to right his wrong then how can he be removed from the board.

Surely for that to happen then both Hicks and Gillett have to agree to remove him but if Gillett is on Moores side then thats not going to happen.

Thing is though, after what happened to Chevy Chase (Hicks Jr), won't Moores be wary of the same thing happening to him? I know I would.

People had their chance to speak to Hicks representative here, and what happened? The fucking morons took over. It should have been left to a couple of people to put questions to him, there were a few I'd like to have asked him, but unfortunately, everyone seems to think the Sandon is the only pub by the ground.

I have support for the general aims of SoS but I feel they are fighting too many fronts too early and it's, perhaps, diluting their efficacy. We should be focussing all of our energy on ridding of Gillett and Hicks. We should be arranging protests, promoting these protests but from the outside looking in, this aspect appears haphazard, the last two protests haven't had very high numbers and the notice to protest was given only a matter of days before a game. I've said this before but these protests should be arranged weeks in advance, regardless of who is going to be there. I believe it is vital to focus the aims of the group whilst it's still in it's embryonic phase, doing otherwise will probably lead to impotence and the group will die. Primarily because it won't achieve its aims. If a group focus its efforts on one or two areas, achievies its aims then people will gain confidence in the movement but if things are spread too thinly, people will lose faith.

The last 2 protest were reactions to situations .. the 1st on the back of the Olympia meeting, the people in the room supported it and the last one we found out Hick Jnr would be attending the game the afternoon before the match, so it wasn't possible to plan in advance. Until that point there was supposed to be no protest at either game.

So in order to invite Moores, we have to support what he has done in the past?

No, but why should you expect him to accept an invitation when you're taking cheap shots at him? Like I said earlier, there are more important priorities in my opinion such as getting rid of the two liars. Seems to me you're lining Moores up when you should be focussing on Hicks. You take a big pop at him, invite him round for a meeting and when he doesn't show you have license to stick the knife in. If you're saying that's not what you're doing then I've no reason not to believe you but it's exactly what it looked like to me, and seemingly to others on this thread.

I'm a supporter of SoS, and went to the meeting at the Olympia, but I'm not sure posting attacks on Parry/Moores then inviting them to a meeting is a wise thing to do. Especially since they're trying their best to undo the damage they've done, not that I'm making any excuses for them, but its better to have allies in the board room.