You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

The Hobbit - 8/10

A pleasant surprise although some of the touchy feely stuff could've done with a bit more subtlety.

I've read some reviews complaining about it dragging in parts, especially the introduction of the dwarves and the Gollum exchange but that's exaggerated imo.

Cloud Atlas 9.5/10.

Haven't read the book but I thought the film was brilliant. I went in completely blind. Didn't even know who was in it, who directed it or anything. Over half way into it and I was still thinking what the fuck is this all about? I hope it doesn't just fucking end and there is actually a point to it.

Then it did the best thing it could have possibly done. It didn't end in the classic way your standard film would end. It pushed the viewer to actually make up their own mind about what the fucking hell was going on without being pretentious in any way at all. I am a book reader and I am generally always on the side that books are better. I will have to read the book to see where the ideas have come from but I thought they did things brilliantly in it and to the point they didn't explain anything to you which made it better. Thoroughly enjoyable watch with some superb performances and I would advise anyone to go and see it.

Morvern Callar - 8/10

Weird, existential ride that lives in a space where consequences are held at arms length and the social responsibilities of grief denied. Samantha Morton is a fantastic actress and Ramsay is a great director in the making. If she can get a few more projects off the ground it'll be better for everyone.

Looking forward to seeing We need to talk about Kevin myself at some point. I doubt it can be bleaker than Ratcatcher.

End of Watch. 6/10. Largely dull and pointless and often irritating (especially how it was shot). The two lead actors both put in good performances, but mostly it seems like a bit of a masturbatory exercise in film making by Ayer. Can't believe it has so many positive reviews everywhere.

Flight. 7/10. Anything with Denzel in is usually worth watching. Parts of the plot didn't seem to be tied up properly and there was definitely a sense of anti-climax after the opening of the movie, the fall-out from the incident didn't match the tension and the drama for the rest of the film. Still though, decent film overall and pretty entertaining.

Silver Linings Playbook. 8/10. Very enjoyable and engaging.

Skyfall 5/10. Am I the only one who didn'y like it it. I didn't rate it at all and don't get all the fuss about it. Thought it was just a mix of Batman and Home Alone. I just thought that it was a weak bond film, that was unoriginal and pandered to the masses by certralising the story around Judy Dench and making sure that she got a 'good send off.'

Argo 9/10. Excellent. Best film I've seen in a while

Silver Linings Playbook 7.5/10 Really enjoyed it, though perhaps a bit long.

Zero Dark Thirty 8/10

Stranger Than Fiction. Fucking awesome.

8.5/10.

I found this really ponderous and slow in the cinema, Ferrell does a good job though and, obviously, Thompson is great.

Forster's a weird director, is essentially a hired gun but his films always have his mark (can't speak for his Bond, he always seemed a strange hire for that job and I gave it a swerve), he has quite a slow pace and can drag in parts.

Finding Neverland is pretty class though.

edit: can't speak for Machine Gun Preacher either... fucking hell. He's doing World War Z though, interesting.

I found this really ponderous and slow in the cinema, Ferrell does a good job though and, obviously, Thompson is great.

Forster's a weird director, is essentially a hired gun but his films always have his mark (can't speak for his Bond, he always seemed a strange hire for that job and I gave it a swerve), he has quite a slow pace and can drag in parts.

Finding Neverland is pretty class though.

edit: can't speak for Machine Gun Preacher either... fucking hell. He's doing World War Z though, interesting.

Fair enough, couldn't possible disagree more. I'm not really one for following directors, etc. I probably couldn't name five. I just really liked this film.

I guess having absolutely zero interest in action, thriller, or sci-fi type films I'm not in the least bit bothered by a slow pace to a film.

Fuck going to the cinema to watch anything, though.

Argo Not overly impressed by it in all honesty.

Has to be one of the most unrelistic endings to a film based on a true story ever.

Nothing really happens at all in the film and it just seems to plod along slow paced with not alot going on.

Has to be one of the poorest winners of a oscar for best film since time began.

5/10 Ayatolahs prefer to go on suicide mission than watch this film.

Argo Not overly impressed by it in all honesty.

Has to be one of the most unrelistic endings to a film based on a true story ever.

Nothing really happens at all in the film and it just seems to plod along slow paced with not alot going on.

Has to be one of the poorest winners of a oscar for best film since time began.

5/10 Ayatolahs prefer to go on suicide mission than watch this film.

Have to agree to a point. Was excellent until the mandatory Hollywood ending.