You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New Player?

keysaint

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Makes sense really Carson linked with Villa and Man City a fee upto 10m for a player that would never get a game ahead of Pepe

It gives us good cover and money to spend Heinze and Cicinho two Iternational full backs would be good buisness IMHO

Be amazed if we got 10 million for Carson, thing 6.5-7.5 is more realistic, and still a healthy profit

Be amazed if we got 10 million for Carson, thing 6.5-7.5 is more realistic, and still a healthy profit

He's young, with good potential and above all he's English, so in todays market that makes him worth about £9-10m.

Is this lad Lens' first choice? And also, is he any good? If we're selling Carson, then we should get a bidding war going between City and Villa - they've both got big cash to spend. If that Hearts lad is worth £9m, we should be asking silly money for a player with Premiership experience.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
He's young, with good potential and above all he's English, so in todays market that makes him worth about £9-10m.

I can't see him going for more than Craig Gordon, although him going will in turn upped Carson's value, as Sunderland have now set a benchmark

Is this lad Lens' first choice? And also, is he any good? If we're selling Carson, then we should get a bidding war going between City and Villa - they've both got big cash to spend. If that Hearts lad is worth £9m, we should be asking silly money for a player with Premiership experience.

Barely missed a game in 4 years

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur5000000000000000000010819.html

No idea if he's any good or not though. Dont rate Carson so would be delighted if we got big money and signed someone more reliable for cheaper. Hopefully he's good.

Barely missed a game in 4 years

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur5000000000000000000010819.html

No idea if he's any good or not though. Dont rate Carson so would be delighted if we got big money and signed someone more reliable for cheaper. Hopefully he's good.

Sounds a good plan to me. I'd never heard of the bloke but he's already my friend.

Vedran Runje is Lens's first choice, so Itandje would be swapping a seat on the bench at Lens for a seat on the bench at LFC (and a big pot of money).

Runje only signed this summer and Itandje has been No.1 up to that point.

Think I'm right in saying we almost signed him when GH was manager.

now, dont think this is a racist statement, although I realise is is a sweeping generalisation but in my opinion you cannot trust black goalkeepers, especially ones with african names or origins.

its based on previous evidence, not on my personal beliefs.

Agreed regards Carson. The guy is obviously not willing to fight for his place and is wanting to get into the England team.

I would expect to get about £7 million for Carson which would pay for either Heinze or Chiellini (i dont believe the Cicinho links).

Agreed regards Carson. The guy is obviously not willing to fight for his place and is wanting to get into the England team.

Perhaps he realises that he's right up against it with Reina, who,after an early wobble, had a very solid season, and is still very young for a keeper.

By going to Villa (or whoever) he gets a big pay-rise, an easier path to being Number One at that club, and he's then got Robinson right in his sights as England keeper.

Carson the new Owen.

Not quite the same. Owen would still have been the best striker at the club and played loads of games had he stayed (and stayed fit).

Carson probably isn't the best keeper (on evidence so far anyway) and only one keeper gets to play 90% of the games, barring injury or a sustained run of bad form.